Author Topic: Warhammer 40k, Any players?  (Read 1949 times)

Offline eharps

back to Wainwright.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
Warhammer 40k, Any players?
« on: September 29, 2015, 11:39:58 »
Hey guys,

I just saw this board and only saw one old post about 40k, but I think it was about the Space Marine videogame.

Does anyone here play 40k at all? If so, what are your armies, formations, interests etc? I am always looking for new people to have a round with as well as talk about it!

Let me know!

eharps  :salute:
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

-Edmund Burke

Offline Underway

• Rate Post
Re: Warhammer 40k, Any players?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 20:04:29 »
Been playing since 2nd edition was new.  Just paint and model now though.

Offline Lumber

• Donor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 20:09:52 »
Been playing since 2nd edition was new.  Just paint and model now though.

I never understood the painting. Why can't they just come pre-painted? I told my buddy who was big into it that I'd play him, but that my army consisted entirely of pieces of paper with the names of my units written on them. He kicked me out of his room.
"Aboard his ship, there is nothing outside a captain's control." - Captain Sir Edward Pellew

“Extremes to the right and to the left of any political dispute are always wrong.”
― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Death before dishonour! Nothing before coffee!

Offline Spectrum

• I'm from the government; I'm here to help you
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 20:22:47 »
I never understood the painting. Why can't they just come pre-painted? I told my buddy who was big into it that I'd play him, but that my army consisted entirely of pieces of paper with the names of my units written on them. He kicked me out of his room.

LOL. This post has officially made my day.

Offline eharps

back to Wainwright.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2015, 09:20:46 »
Oh man, that is funny. In all seriousness, I remember proxying some small-scale action figures as Dreadnoughts for a small points boost, not a proud moment for me as a kid....

What armies do you guys collect/play?

-Edmund Burke

Offline Eaglelord17

• Rate Post
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2015, 09:29:34 »
I used to play a while ago. I was debating on getting a army up and running again but so much has changed. Last time I played there was no planes, and rending had just become part of the game (things like rending claws on Tyranids and your assault cannons became the best weapons in the game as you had 4 shots and if you rolled a 6 it was virtually a instant kill).

If I do get a army up and running it will be my Imperial Guard, I also have a Ravenwing army kicking around somewhere but it is apparently very outdated (as now there is not much point in having a pure Ravenwing army anymore).

Offline eharps

back to Wainwright.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2015, 10:19:23 »
I used to play a while ago. I was debating on getting a army up and running again but so much has changed.

That's why it is such a great thing! I just got back into it from roughly an 8 year hiatus and it is so much fun. Now I have amassed a fairly sizeable Dark Angels army and am making some custom boards and terrain. I love the creativity I get to put into it because frankly, I am not an artistic guy with anything else.

Also, battling it out with some buddies and beers is a great way to waste an evening or a day.

-Edmund Burke