Author Topic: WoT or World of Tanks  (Read 17509 times)

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
WoT or World of Tanks
« on: October 08, 2015, 13:46:48 »
 ;D

Speaking of WOT, is there no thread on that? I would have imagined there is a bigger player base on that game than WoWS that only recently came out.

Answer to that one, is that several, or more, members are playing WoT and have communicated via PM, rather than via a Thread.......So here goes.

;D
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline JesseWZ

• Mentor
  • Rate Post
Re: WoT or World of Tanks
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 14:06:09 »
I play occasionally, but haven't recently. My handle is JWalt.
I will be seen and not heard... I will be seen and not heard... I will be seen and not heard...

Offline Altair

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2015, 14:16:29 »
I play every other day.

Have tanks up to tier 8.

In garage currently

T1 FT17

T3 somua s35

T4 B1 bis SARL 42

T5 BDR G1B, G1R, Ram ll

T6 ARL 44, amx 12th

T7 Amx 13 75

T8 AMX 50 100
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 16:11:47 by Altair »
Someday I'll care about milpoints.

Offline CountDC

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015, 15:56:55 »
I play the XBox version off and on, prefer arty and td.  Always fun to listen to others complain how much they hate arty and then a second later begging for help.

Highest in each category are:

Level 9 Arty - GW Tiger
Level 8 TD - JagdPanther and AT15 (until I get enough to buy next level)
Level 9 Heavy - IS-8
Level 5 Medium - M7, Ram, Chi-Nu
Level 6 Light - T21
"When the power of love, overcomes the love of power....the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix [1942-1970]

Offline The Anti-Royal

• Rate Post
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2015, 09:55:52 »
I play most days; keep an eye out for Dinsdalepiranha.

And I do rage . . . occasionally.
Indeed, it is important to preserve freedom only for people who are willing to practice self-denial, for otherwise freedom degenerates into license and irresponsibility. (Milton Friedman, Capitalism and Freedom)

Offline Messerschmitt

• Rate Post
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2015, 11:06:32 »
Ha, a WoT thread. Saw this from WoS. haven't played WoS, but in WoT I pretty much have every tank, and been in the best NA clan until I stopped playing sometimes at the beginning of the year (-G-). I also have about 350.000 gold in the account from all the tourneys I have done
Will search you guys out when I feel like starting again.

Offline GR66

• Rate Post
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2015, 11:14:12 »
Ha, a WoT thread. Saw this from WoS. haven't played WoS, but in WoT I pretty much have every tank, and been in the best NA clan until I stopped playing sometimes at the beginning of the year (-G-). I also have about 350.000 gold in the account from all the tourneys I have done
Will search you guys out when I feel like starting again.

"Search us out" or "Hunt us down"???

:whiteflag:

Offline Altair

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2015, 11:16:06 »
Have a feeling it might be both.

I have...6 gold.

Online NavyShooter

Boaty McBoatface!

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Death from a Bar.....one shot, one Tequilla
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2015, 11:58:51 »
I've been playing for 4 years...I have a selection of tanks, my preference is the Arty lines.

I've got the T-92, and the BC-155/58 as Tier 10 Arty, with a smattering of other tanks too.
Insert disclaimer statement here....

:panzer:

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2015, 12:01:46 »
I have over 250 tanks and have been playing for five years or so.  The amount of complete morons flooding the game, and WG refusal to seriously make MM more even is really turning me off the game.  This morning 8 matches with 6 being under 40% chance to win really sucks.  Having top tier players all on one team and "Tomatoes" and "Pumpkins" on the other team really doesn't make for good game play.  Although, stats really do lie in WoT.   I have seen so many really bad players from clans like Relic, Otter other top Tier clans.  I guess their good stats come from somewhere other than Pubs.  I, and many others, have found that if you have members from one of the SA clans on your team, they will more often than not lead to DEFEAT very quickly.
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2015, 12:03:10 »
 :camo:

OH!   YES!......If you haven't logged on yet, it is a X3 weekend and the morons are out in full force.   ;D

[Edited sentence for clarification..... ;D ]
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 12:09:53 by George Wallace »

Online PuckChaser

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • Peacekeeper's Homepage
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2015, 17:18:54 »
George, never trust someone's WN8 at face value. Very easy to pad it by playing certain tanks (e25, tier 10 ru meds) for a high percentage of battles, but be awful in a heavy tank.

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2015, 21:11:19 »
George, never trust someone's WN8 at face value. Very easy to pad it by playing certain tanks (e25, tier 10 ru meds) for a high percentage of battles, but be awful in a heavy tank.

Oh how I know this.  I saw one guy with something like 32K games and a "Purple" player in a Tier V match.  We loss.  I looked at his stats afterward, around 21K games in one Tier 3 tank, around 10K in another Tier 3 tank, and no tanks above Tier 5.  Of course, you don't find that out at the start of the match.   ;D

Online PuckChaser

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • Peacekeeper's Homepage
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2015, 22:42:23 »
Yeah, that's why I don't have XVM anymore. I like to pretend 99% of people in WoT aren't really as terrible as they are.

Offline Messerschmitt

• Rate Post
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2015, 01:39:37 »
I've been playing for 4 years...I have a selection of tanks, my preference is the Arty lines.

I've got the T-92, and the BC-155/58 as Tier 10 Arty, with a smattering of other tanks too.

Oh yes, the sky cancer. I have some funny gifs with those.

Offline Altair

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2015, 03:31:29 »
As a player if lightly armored french heavy tanks, I can honestly say arty is the Bain of my existence.

Click battle

Wait for countdown

2 minutes into match.

Garage after arty 1 shots me.

That said, the amx 50 100 is great for late game arty hunts.

Offline KerryBlue

• Rate Post
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2015, 20:28:38 »
As a player if lightly armored french heavy tanks, I can honestly say arty is the Bain of my existence.

Nothing like getting focused cause of my Wn8 and clan tag lol.

Online PuckChaser

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • Peacekeeper's Homepage
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2015, 21:24:32 »
Nobody would mind XVM as much if arty wasn't so game-breaking. Alpha creep really wrecked a lot of the gameplay.

Offline jeffb

Really needs to stop buying guns... .

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
    • Afghan Ops
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2015, 21:37:22 »
I've been playing for awhile now (over 6,000 games) and I find I play in fits and starts. I'm a big fan of the German heavy line and the Soviet tanks but, like everyone else, hate the arty. Hard for me to say that... I'm Herpeseus in game.
~ Ubique ~
Simple is better except when complicated looks really cool.

Offline Rider Pride

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Easy to draw, hard to spell
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2015, 00:08:12 »
Got 24K games in. Still enjoy it.

Rocking the 7/54 ranked battles.
"Return with your shield, or upon it."

Offline Viam

• Rate Post
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2015, 12:08:15 »
I've been playing the mobile version, and it seems like quite a bit of fun. Have any of you heard of the new tank MMO game "Armored Warfare"? It has the same mechanics of WoT but with modern day armour and artillery.
Recruiting Center: CFRC Toronto
Regular/ Reserve: Reserve
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: Combat Engineer
Applied: Mid October, 2015
First contact: Mid October, 2015
CFAT: - Late March, 2016 (PASSED)
FORCE Test: - Late March, 2016 (PASSED)
Medical: - Mid April, 2016 (PASSED)
Interview: - Mid April, 2016 (PASSED)
Enrollment/swearing in: - Late July, 2016
BMQ: - Late September / Early October, 2016
Time from application to BMQ: 1 Year

Offline Colin P

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • Civilian
    • http://www.pacific.ccg-gcc.gc.ca
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2015, 15:21:22 »
there is a thread on it as well in Gaming

Offline CountDC

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2015, 18:00:38 »
LOL

by the posts it is obvious that most here don't like me in WOT as I mostly use arty.  Really is satisfying to see a gang up on one of your team mates suddenly fall apart as you reach out and destroy the enemy.

gotta say though one of my favourite matches was one in which my teammate spent the entire game ranting how useless I was while crying for me to save him.  He even thanked another guy for saving him when I destroyed the tank kicking his butt.  I was top player in the match, had 5 kills including 2 that was slamming him and he was at the bottom for the team with barely any damage caused.

Challenging is resorting to using your arty as TD cause no one stuck around to protect you.  My best is 3 kills.  You have to aim totally on your own, no aim assist.

"When the power of love, overcomes the love of power....the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix [1942-1970]

Offline Colin P

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • Civilian
    • http://www.pacific.ccg-gcc.gc.ca
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2015, 10:40:26 »
arty is a lot harder than it looks. Part of the problem is that people use the same spots and you can literally drop one there with a reasonable chance of hitting something. Mind you WOT maps are such that you have very limited options, generally 3 routes to take or defend. Limited areas with cover or concealment, so it's not hard for arty to zero in on the single bush on a ridgeline that a scout would use.

Offline Altair

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2015, 12:07:46 »
LOL

by the posts it is obvious that most here don't like me in WOT as I mostly use arty.  Really is satisfying to see a gang up on one of your team mates suddenly fall apart as you reach out and destroy the enemy.

gotta say though one of my favourite matches was one in which my teammate spent the entire game ranting how useless I was while crying for me to save him.  He even thanked another guy for saving him when I destroyed the tank kicking his butt.  I was top player in the match, had 5 kills including 2 that was slamming him and he was at the bottom for the team with barely any damage caused.

Challenging is resorting to using your arty as TD cause no one stuck around to protect you.  My best is 3 kills.  You have to aim totally on your own, no aim assist.
Let me be perfectly clear.

I only hate the red teams arty  :nod: