Author Topic: Soldier dating air cadet, legal?  (Read 4859 times)

Offline Ruffles250

• Rate Post
Soldier dating air cadet, legal?
« on: November 21, 2016, 23:16:16 »
I'm 18, and an NCM in the PRes, I've been seeing this girl that's 17 and in air cadets. We're not doing anything too serious right now, but is there any rules prohibiting us having a relationship in the CSD?

Offline Jmarcha8

• Rate Post
Re: Soldier dating air cadet, legal?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 23:59:58 »
There are related rules against compromising your integrity, judgement, authority.

http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/about-policies-standards-defence-admin-orders-directives-5000/5019-1.page

The Military recognizes the heart wants what the heart wants.  It only asks that you maintain your professional conduct.

Offline Target Up

........pull, patch, and score.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • that's how we roll in redneck land
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2016, 00:32:49 »
Bullshit.  She's a civilian over the age of consent. You're a part time soldier over the age of consent.  As long as there are no PDAs with either of you in uniform, you're fine.
Apparently, a "USUAL SUSPECT"

“In peace there's nothing so becomes a man as modest stillness and humility; but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger; stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with hard-favor'd rage.”

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and start slitting throats

Offline Rifleman62

Retired.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2016, 00:41:42 »
Good on you to ask the question Ruffles250.
Never Congratulate Yourself In Victory, Nor Blame Your Horses In Defeat - Old Cossack Expression

Offline Northalbertan

• Rate Post
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2016, 03:19:15 »
I would stay away when she's actually participating in a cadet activity.

There are items in CATOs that would proscribe contact during an activity.  I have found nothing that would stipulate you can't see her other than that.

NorthAlbertan
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Offline daftandbarmy

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • The Older I Get, The Better I Was
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2016, 10:24:32 »
Good on you to ask the question Ruffles250.

What he said... there are a few very famous Generals who didn't have the maturity to ask that questions and/or follow advice and suffered he consequences.
"The most important qualification of a soldier is fortitude under fatigue and privation. Courage is only second; hardship, poverty and want are the best school for a soldier." Napoleon

Offline LaFrog

• Rate Post
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2016, 18:39:45 »
As long you and the Cadet are not part of the same Cadet unit. You are not able to help at the cadet unit will you are dating her.