Author Topic: Small finger issue  (Read 1077 times)

Offline Pierre2017

• Rate Post
Small finger issue
« on: February 10, 2017, 11:38:33 »
First thank you for this great forum. I learned a lot browsing it  :)
I would love to join the Forces (my biggest dream) but I have a small "disability". I had a childhood accident and I broke my small finger (hand). I had a surgery but that didn't help. I cannot bend it anymore. I can move the bottom joint (the one attached to the hand) but I cannot move the other joints (middle and top).
I can do anything with my hand, even boxing is not a problem. I just can't form a perfect fist with my hand.
Would that be a reason to reject my application?

Offline mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
Re: Small finger issue
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 12:32:28 »
Would that be a reason to reject my application?

That would be up to Recruiting.

Get on the bus. Take a ride with us.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2lSGnPl-ww

Offline Loachman

• Former Army Pilot in Drag
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 12:35:46 »
Nobody here can give you an answer, anymore than anybody could or would attempt to provide answers to previous questions regarding other medical/health issues. Your only way to find out is to apply, and see what happens, as mariomike said.

Offline Buck_HRA

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
    • CAF - Find a Recruiter
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 11:32:12 »
Good Day,

During the application process, the recruiting medical personnel will assess your unique medical situation.  A complete medical examination is necessary when assessing medical fitness for the Canadian Armed Forces.  At that time, the Forces will be able to determine if any existing medical conditions would preclude you from joining.  This is also important when restrictions may limit the career choices being considered.

If you have specific medical questions you should contact the recruiting detachment nearest you and ask to speak with a member of the medical staff directly.

Best Regards