Author Topic: BMOQ 2019 - Regular Force  (Read 883 times)

Offline Mahbub9803

• Rate Post
BMOQ 2019 - Regular Force
« on: December 03, 2018, 13:45:59 »
I got selected as a Communication Electronics Engineering Officer (CELE) in the Airforce. I am going for my basic training at the BMOQ on Feb 25th, 2019. Is there any others are going for the training on that date? Is there any group in the Facebook or some other places that I can talk who will join soon!

Offline Hedvig

• Rate Post
Re: BMOQ 2019 - Regular Force
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 17:11:15 »
Hello There,

Congrats on the selection Mahbub9803!
I'm heading to CFLRS Jan 7 as Combat Engineer.
I would be interested in hearing from anyone going at the same time. Any special way you are preparing for BM(O)Q?
I am a bit concerned getting sick...but that about it.

Cheers!

Offline tribry

• Rate Post
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 19:22:09 »
I'll be on the BMOQ course with you Feb 25th! See you there!

Offline Mahbub9803

• Rate Post
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2018, 11:41:10 »
Hi Hedvig I am trying to do some exercise almost everyday to prepare myself for the training. I am not very good at swimming and mostly I am scared of that! I am trying to learn swimming but not sure how much I can do till the last time! If you do exercise I think you will not become sick. So try to start from now as we do not have much time! If you can send me a personal message then we can talk and when you will be there I will try to find you (if it is possible) when I will be there for the training.

Hi Tribry I am happy that at least I found one person who will join with me on the same date. I am very excited to go for the training! Hope we will complete it successfully and follow out path what we always wanted! Please send me a personal message then we can talk before we go to the BMOQ.

Offline Xylric

• Rate Post
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2018, 02:51:51 »
Damn glad to hear this. :)

Was a pleasure meeting you in Toronto.

Offline Mahbub9803

• Rate Post
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2018, 10:04:45 »
Hi Xylric same here bud. I hope you will get some good news soon. It would be fun if we could start our BMOQ all together!

Offline Xylric

• Rate Post
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2018, 01:35:28 »
Hi Xylric same here bud. I hope you will get some good news soon. It would be fun if we could start our BMOQ all together!

Would be nice and helpful - a stressful environment like that, having at least someone you already know in it alongside you definitely isn't a bad thing. Unfortunately, I'm still waiting to hear back as to whether or not I'm medically fit - a surgery I had in childhood *may* be an explicit problem for a pilot (though not necessarily for the Navy). Regardless of how things pan out on my end, I wish you luck.

Offline wannabeofficer

• Rate Post
Do women also have to do 5km march wearing 35kg of gear?
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2018, 23:49:23 »
I know this question may sound sexist, but CF DOES employ a different minimum fitness standard for males and females, with the female standard being a lot more generous.

So with the 5km march wearing 35kg of gear thing in the BMO training, does it also apply differently for the female members? or will I be asked to do exactly the same as men when marching? (The kg of gear I have to wear, time limit, etc.)

Offline BeyondTheNow

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
  • Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
Re: Do women also have to do 5km march wearing 35kg of gear?
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2018, 00:06:02 »
I know this question may sound sexist, but CF DOES employ a different minimum fitness standard for males and females, with the female standard being a lot more generous.

So with the 5km march wearing 35kg of gear thing in the BMO training, does it also apply differently for the female members? or will I be asked to do exactly the same as men when marching? (The kg of gear I have to wear, time limit, etc.)

Your pl does it together, all the same weight requirements.
"Stop worrying about getting back to who you were before it all went wrong. To heal is to understand that the person you've since become is the one who's most capable of doing whatever it is you were put here to do."~SR

Offline MCG

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2018, 00:13:55 »
This is wrong.  There is one minimum fitness standard for the CAF.