Author Topic: Sweden bomb attacks reach unprecedented level as gangs feud  (Read 1276 times)

Offline daftandbarmy

• Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
  • The Older I Get, The Better I Was
And just think of the GHG emissions....  8)

Sweden bomb attacks reach unprecedented level as gangs feud

Most of the blasts have occurred in big cities, authorities said. Almost a third have taken place in Malmö, scene of a string of increasingly violent gun and bomb attacks that rightwing politicians have linked to the large flows of immigrants who arrived in in Sweden during the 2015 migration crisis.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/nov/04/sweden-bomb-attacks-reach-unprecedented-level-as-gangs-feud

"The most important qualification of a soldier is fortitude under fatigue and privation. Courage is only second; hardship, poverty and want are the best school for a soldier." Napoleon

Online Chris Pook

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • Wha daur say Mass in ma lug!
Re: Sweden bomb attacks reach unprecedented level as gangs feud
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2019, 10:30:03 »
When does a "migration crisis" become an "invasion"?
"Wyrd bið ful aræd"

"If change isn’t allowed to be a process, it becomes an event." - Penny Mordaunt 10/10/2019

“Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards” ~ Soren Kierkegaard

Offline daftandbarmy

• Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
  • The Older I Get, The Better I Was
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2019, 10:44:08 »
When does a "migration crisis" become an "invasion"?

When your xenophobic little country is essentially aryan, and had been for millennia, and one ‘person of colour’ settles there?
"The most important qualification of a soldier is fortitude under fatigue and privation. Courage is only second; hardship, poverty and want are the best school for a soldier." Napoleon

Offline YZT580

• Rate Post
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2019, 10:56:37 »
When your xenophobic little country is essentially aryan, and had been for millennia, and one ‘person of colour’ settles there?
Have you lived in Sweden?  I have, and in Malmo to boot and I can tell you that it was anything but xenophobic.  It's doors were wide open to everyone and mixed marriages were extremely common.  What you are witnessing is the result of immigrants not wishing to assimilate but instead to convert their host nation into a replica of their home state.  It is the same issue that we may have to deal with if the hyphenated community don't become Canadian in attitude.

Offline Colin P

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • Civilian
    • http://www.pacific.ccg-gcc.gc.ca
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2019, 12:07:45 »
Problem is not immigration, the problem is how much and whom you let in. You don't let people into your house without some sort of assessment and you mange the numbers as well based on your resources and what they are bringing and how well they get along. Immigration is the same way.

Offline YZT580

• Rate Post
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2019, 16:25:17 »
Agreed.  We need young people with a desire to improve their lot and coincidentally improve our lot at the same time.  Generally, first generation immigrants maintain many of their homeland's habits, culture and outlook.  Second generation should be starting to blend in and becoming Canadian, Swedish, British or whatever.  If the second generation isn't blending in then I believe that is when the cultural problems begin.  I accept that this may appear overly simplistic but if you look at the history of our Italian community or Ukrainian community and contrast it with the Jamaican or Chinese  immigrants in Toronto one begins to see the problems that can develop.