Author Topic: CEOTP (Continuing Ed Officer Trg Plan) 2003-2018 [Merged]  (Read 424810 times)

Offline aviatrixx

• Rate Post
Re: CEOTP (Continuing Ed Officer Trg Plan) 2003-2018 [Merged]
« Reply #450 on: September 26, 2013, 17:03:35 »
Heff, my pleasure. This forum served me well in the past when I was looking for info. It's the least I can do!
Head in the clouds...but my heart is still at sea.

Offline MikeD

• Rate Post
« Reply #451 on: September 26, 2013, 19:41:22 »
Thank you for the information.

You said you were a 2Lt. Is everyone else in the course one as well? I was thinking everyone would be an officer cadet?

Offline aviatrixx

• Rate Post
« Reply #452 on: September 27, 2013, 10:58:50 »
Yup. Everyone is a 2Lt. I just held my rank when I  CT'd from the NavRes (mere weeks away from S/Lt, but oh well, they probably wouldn't have let me keep it anyway!)

I'd imagine this is so because upon the completion of Basic in the Reg Force, obviously you are commissioned.  And since basic and PFT are requirements for the Seneca program, you're a 2Lt throughout your training. I think you're given back pay to the date you were eligible for Lt, but the next promotion you see is Captain once you've got your wings. **Not sure on this...**

Regardless, unless they decide to start withholding commissions until completion of additional training like Reserve MARS, you won't stay an OCdt like a lot of CEOTP program entrants. Which is nice!

Thanks!

Offline MikeD

• Rate Post
« Reply #453 on: September 29, 2013, 05:36:31 »
Thanks a lot for the information. Do you have to be in uniform for school? Also, are you staying at the Newham campus for the duration of your education? I know that the aviation program is moving to Seneca's new Peterborough campus next year but since this is a special program I wasn't sure if students of this program had to move as well?

Offline aviatrixx

• Rate Post
« Reply #454 on: September 29, 2013, 16:43:12 »
MikeD,

You are indeed in your 3's for class, except on Fridays when flight suits are permitted.

We will stay in Newnham for classes, as far as I can tell. The move to Peterborough only affects the civvie students in second year and beyond as they commence their flying at that time. We don't do any flying with the school, so we stay at the main campus.

Hope this helps!

Offline MdB

• Rate Post
  • Foot borne!
« Reply #455 on: October 01, 2013, 21:17:26 »
Actually, all CFRCs have received the documentation on AEAD. Those who answer that they don't know is because they did not prepare adequately.

It's good to hear from someone who is actually in the program. There is few positions and CAF did have a hard time to fill them because of the selection process.

The program is very streamlined and offers noticeable advantages over ROTP, but if you fail, you cannot change to any other CEOTP because none are available, but for Nursing Officer, all others are currently closed. The program offers no leeway whatsoever because all courses are prerequisites for the next ones. The remaining option when you fall off the imposed academic calendar is to go NCM trade.
Heroism is endurance for one moment more.
- On Combat, Lt-Col Grossman

Offline s2184

• Rate Post
« Reply #456 on: October 01, 2013, 23:19:14 »
Hi Aviatrixx, I am in Seneca; doing commercial pilot program. What is included in your curriculum? How many and what courses you have to finish in Seneca? Thank you!
Courage is not the absence of fear, but the mastery of it.

Offline aviatrixx

• Rate Post
« Reply #457 on: November 07, 2013, 01:42:14 »
Hi, the courses mentioned in the post are what we are required to take for this semester. Next semester is the roughly the same though this hasn't been confirmed.  When we get back from Moose Jaw after our first two semesters, we're here for another year and a bit but I can't confirm what we will be taking nor how many credits we will be required to complete. Sorry, that info just ins't available; to me anyway!

Offline s2184

• Rate Post
« Reply #458 on: December 13, 2013, 13:55:25 »
Thank you for your information. Today I saw around 7/8 students (with their uniform) in Markham campus. The courses you are taking are part of the Aviation Technology full-time program (is moved to Peterborough). http://www.senecac.on.ca/fulltime/FPR.html
Courage is not the absence of fear, but the mastery of it.

Offline aviatrixx

• Rate Post
« Reply #459 on: January 14, 2014, 10:17:57 »
Thanks S2184,

Well I'm aware of the program than I'm in but thanks for the link!  ;) However, we're not following that outline exactly nor are we in Peterborough for any portion of our training. We don't take electives, so for semester 2 we are taking:

Mechanics 200
Math 200
Physics 200
Material Sciences 300
Electronics 200

If you see us again, come say hi!

Offline DAA

Administration is not an exact science..

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
Got a question that you're afraid to ask online?  PM me with an email address!  I don't bite........

Offline hootbag

• Rate Post
« Reply #461 on: February 23, 2014, 00:42:09 »
Are they really required to wear uniforms on campus!?

Offline maverick230

• Rate Post
« Reply #462 on: February 26, 2014, 22:29:35 »
Do you know if living on Campus is required?  Currently posted to Hamilton.
Thanks!

Offline Proud_Canadian

• Rate Post
« Reply #463 on: March 04, 2014, 01:01:10 »
Thanks for posting on this subject.  I helped recruit a couple awesome people for that program but ended my time at CFRC before ever finding out if the program was a success!  Thanks!

Offline RobOfstie

• Rate Post
  • UBIQUE!
« Reply #464 on: March 04, 2014, 14:56:35 »
Hootbag-

Yes we are required to wear our uniforms Monday-Friday.  We are mixed in with the civilian candidates who are required by the college to wear a professional standardized uniform. As such we are required to wear them as well.  It's really not as bad as you think.  You eventually get used to wearing/maintaining 3's Mon-Thurs and it really becomes a non-issue. 

Cheers,

Rob

Offline I_A_N

• Rate Post
« Reply #465 on: April 13, 2014, 17:52:30 »
I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I have been looking around and haven't been able to see the answers I am looking for.

I was a MCPL in an infantry reserve unit. I have been in for just over 10 years and a couple of years ago I was asked by my unit if I would consider taking my commission. Long story short I went through the whole process and last week I became an OCDT. I was told when I started the process that I would be a 2LT and have to complete DP1.1 It has been confirmed the next course I need to be promoted is DP1.1 and I was written off BMOQ or CAP, what ever it is called these days so I'm just wondering if anyone can shed some light into why I am a OCDT and not a 2LT? Apparently my unit is looking into what it will take now to promote me but no one seems to really be sure why.

Thanks

Offline Brihard

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Non-Electric Pop-Up Target
« Reply #466 on: April 13, 2014, 17:58:59 »
I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I have been looking around and haven't been able to see the answers I am looking for.

I was a MCPL in an infantry reserve unit. I have been in for just over 10 years and a couple of years ago I was asked by my unit if I would consider taking my commission. Long story short I went through the whole process and last week I became an OCDT. I was told when I started the process that I would be a 2LT and have to complete DP1.1 It has been confirmed the next course I need to be promoted is DP1.1 and I was written off BMOQ or CAP, what ever it is called these days so I'm just wondering if anyone can shed some light into why I am a OCDT and not a 2LT? Apparently my unit is looking into what it will take now to promote me but no one seems to really be sure why.

Thanks

PM inbound
Pacificsm is doctrine fostered by a delusional minority and by the media, which holds forth the proposition it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Offline NFLD Sapper

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • CFSME STAFF
« Reply #467 on: April 13, 2014, 18:05:50 »

Thanks

From DAOD 5002-6

Rank

A selected applicant must be enrolled, appointed or component transferred as an officer cadet/naval cadet effective the date of enrolment, rank change or component transfer.

The rank of officer cadet/naval cadet is held until the date that BMOQ or an equivalency is granted, upon which promotion to second lieutenant/acting sub-lieutenant occurs. No promotion to commissioned rank must be back-dated prior to the date the CEOTP officer is granted the BMOQ or an equivalency.

Promotions to a higher rank may occur on enrolment, promotion, occupation transfer or component transfer under CF promotion policy.
CHIMO!
First in, Last out
Sappers Lead the Way

Just tell your wife she owes your life to some Muddy Old Engineer,
Some dusty, crusty, croaking, joking Muddy Old Engineer

Offline Crispy Bacon

• Banned
  • Rate Post
« Reply #468 on: April 14, 2014, 08:24:45 »

Thanks

From Land Force Command Order (LFCO) 3-1-002:

(read in three columns): Entry plan - Requirements - Rank on Enrolment
RESO - Must be attending or registered in full-time post secondary - OCdt
DEO - Must possess a recongized degree from a college or university - 2Lt
OCTP - includes those applicants with no former service, soldiers who do not qualify for CFR, and former cadets - OCdt
CFR - Must have eight years of service, be qualified for Sgt or above, and have at least two years before CRA - Lt, A/Capt or Capt (depending on quals)

Which commissioning plan were you under?  If you already have your degree, it seems like you would have been under DEO, in which case you'd commission as an OCdt with an instant promotion to 2Lt. If you're working on completing your degree, you'd fall under RESO, in which case you'd be an OCdt.
Banned for registering when already banned, among other things.

Offline Ranger Rick

• Rate Post
« Reply #469 on: April 14, 2014, 09:24:10 »
No one is commissioned as an OCdt, they don't hold commissions.

Offline Kirtaries

• Rate Post
« Reply #470 on: April 23, 2014, 08:09:59 »
Hey everyone,

I have a few questions regarding a CT from army reserve to the CEOTP partnership with Seneca.
Current Quals (BMQ,BMQ-L,404's,DP1,DP2,PLQ complete)

Status: Currently being Processed Awaiting Air Factor Medical

Questions: 1) What if any courses would I bypass changing from Army Res NCM to AF Reg Pilot. AKA does PLQ write off any of the officer courses?
                 2) Who am I competing against for a position, Just current military pers that are doing a CT or am I thrown in a pool of all applications?     
                 3) Do CEOTP pers do all there french training through Seneca? As I noticed in the first semester you have to take French.
                 4) If all french training is done by Seneca then would anyone be able to hazard a guess as to what courses I would need to get before heading to my first semester of Seneca?  ( If I get selected at all  ;D)

Thanks in advance for any/all of your input.

Cheers, :salute:

Offline Ostrozac

• Rate Post
« Reply #471 on: April 23, 2014, 08:19:57 »
For the longest time SLC/ILQ/ILP was required in order to bypass BMOQ, but lately PLQ graduates have been applying for and receiving (through the PLAR process) complete BMOQ bypasses. That's the situation I was in when I commissioned under CEOTP about five years ago -- PLQ qualified and I didn't go to CFLRS St Jean at all, not even for the short Officership Seminar.

In addition, your quals should allow you to be qualified BMOQ(Land)/CAP -- but as I understand it that's not required for Pilots, not even those assigned to Tac Hel squadrons.

Offline Loachman

• Former Army Pilot in Drag
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #472 on: April 23, 2014, 12:16:08 »
In addition, your quals should allow you to be qualified BMOQ(Land)/CAP -- but as I understand it that's not required for Pilots, not even those assigned to Tac Hel squadrons.

Well, if I ever get my way...

I am not certain, but I do not believe that CEOTP applications for Pilot are being accepted - or is Seneca a different situation? I do not monitor that.

Offline Hatchet Man

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #473 on: April 23, 2014, 12:28:07 »
Well, if I ever get my way...

I am not certain, but I do not believe that CEOTP applications for Pilot are being accepted - or is Seneca a different situation? I do not monitor that.

There is an agreement between Seneca and the CAF for CEOTP entry.

http://forces.ca/en/job/pilot-32#ceotp
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 12:30:40 by Hatchet Man »

Offline Loachman

• Former Army Pilot in Drag
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #474 on: April 23, 2014, 14:22:47 »
Ack. Thanks.