Author Topic: New Ontario Government 2018  (Read 60812 times)

Offline BeyondTheNow

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
Re: New Ontario Government 2018
« Reply #350 on: May 18, 2020, 18:43:43 »
BTN,

I totally see myself in that article.  But I am not reluctant to credit Ford.  I’ve even defended his trip to his cottage. 

Strange times...

Agreed! I’ve defended him a few times myself.

It’s probably most fitting to describe myself as a bit left of centre. I’m not so engulfed in any of my political standings that I’m unable to see/acknowledge issues with either major party, and I hold personal ideals that fall into one side or the other depending on the particular issue. But as touched on in one of my posts further back, I was...very disappointed, shall we say...when Ford won. (Reasons are sundry.) But for where Ontario is right now, I’m pleased with where things are. Perfect? No. But no politician can make anyone 100% content at all times when conditions are normal, let alone what we’ve been wading through these last months.
”You don’t have a right to the cards you believe you should have been dealt. You have an obligation to play the hell out of the ones you’re holding. ”
~Cheryl Strayed

“The aim of argument, or of discussion should not be victory, but progress.”~Joseph Joubert

Offline Remius

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #351 on: May 18, 2020, 18:52:29 »
The Ontario Liberals had to go.  I voted NOTA.

When he mishandled the Franco file I vowed to never vote for his party after that.  They%u2019ve walked a lot of that back though.

I don%u2019t agree with everything he%u2019s done but he has shown great leadership in all of this.  I only hope the federal conservatives are watching.  Doesn%u2019t look like it though sadly.

He%u2019d have a solid  chance at the federal level if he were to make that jump.

Spelling edit.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 19:27:50 by Remius »
Optio

Offline BeyondTheNow

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #352 on: May 18, 2020, 19:16:07 »
Absolutely. I wasn’t impressed with Wynne, and I’m not sorry that she’s not leading the province through this.

Unfortunately, I don’t think they are either—or rather, if they are, only passively. They need to get themselves figured out and are too occupied with that. Bluntly, the federal Conservatives are a disaster...but I agree he’d hypothetically have a reasonably competitive shot also, and he’s loosely teased about that path.

For now, though, before I can make any concrete decisions as to the absolute level of confidence I’m ready to place in him, I’d like to see how he leads and the decisions he makes post-pandemic. The effects of this will no doubt impact the structures of some of his previous policies/agendas. So I’m curious to see how that will all play out. Of course, it’s going to be quite some time yet before any of this slows down and Ontarians are well-situated into our new ways of life.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 19:20:25 by BeyondTheNow »
”You don’t have a right to the cards you believe you should have been dealt. You have an obligation to play the hell out of the ones you’re holding. ”
~Cheryl Strayed

“The aim of argument, or of discussion should not be victory, but progress.”~Joseph Joubert

Offline mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • Keep 'em rolling.
    • The job.
« Reply #353 on: May 18, 2020, 19:18:11 »
A double culinary delight for Ford Nation fans. Mikey in, what looks to be, the same kitchen.  :)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 19:33:06 by mariomike »
In any war, there are two tremendous tasks. That of the combat troops is to fight the enemy. That of the supply troops is to furnish all the material to insure victory. The faster and farther the combat troops advance against the foe, the greater becomes the battle of supply. EISENHOWER

Offline Xylric

• Rate Post
« Reply #354 on: May 18, 2020, 20:30:48 »
The cheesecake my twin brother and I made for Mother's Day (as we have been living with our parents for a number of reasons during this pandemic, the largest being the fact that my father is a cancer survivor with other health issues) was simply the no-bake jello mix with fresh homemade whipped cream and strawberries. The real gift was the chicken wings she requested. It's very nice that the restaurants I used to work at all said the same thing when I moved on to other things - I was welcome to any of the recipes I wanted, if I could reverse engineer them from taste alone. So far, I've only succeeded with a total of three things, all sauces. They got used.

So, as a baker, I appreciate the effort of Ford to make himself seem more typical an Ontario resident. There were times where I idly wondered if he'd been abducted and replaced, either by aliens or the illuminati (possibly both).  :rofl:

Offline mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • Keep 'em rolling.
    • The job.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 15:19:19 by mariomike »
In any war, there are two tremendous tasks. That of the combat troops is to fight the enemy. That of the supply troops is to furnish all the material to insure victory. The faster and farther the combat troops advance against the foe, the greater becomes the battle of supply. EISENHOWER