Author Topic: Monthly Pay after deductions - Questions [Merged]  (Read 223497 times)

Offline krystofurr

• Rate Post
Re: Monthly Pay after deductions - Questions [Merged]
« Reply #250 on: October 18, 2012, 08:27:36 »
 Just wondering if someone can give a breakdown of the payrate with deductions for 1st year in BMQ ( single and married ).  I found a post with the deductions but it was from 2006. 

Offline Sizzle

• Rate Post
« Reply #251 on: October 18, 2012, 19:37:06 »
I believe you may be pulling in roughly $1200 every two weeks

EDIT: Misquote, look down two posts.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 15:56:30 by Sizzle »
"Keep your head up, stick your chest out and handle it."

Offline Sizzle

• Rate Post
« Reply #252 on: October 18, 2012, 21:28:23 »
wrong.   I made $600 every two weeks after rations and quarters were paid.  (Single)  Not sure about married... But it's not $1200.   That's what a OS2 takes home.

(Also... You said "I believe you may"... aka I have no idea, better to just not reply I'd say)

I misquoted.

$660 rations and quarters (Single)
+ addition $275 every two weeks for rations and quarters totaling $550 a month.

Atleast that is how it was when I was there last August.

So add the extra $275 onto each payday and bam. $935. (If married) It could be different now.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 12:11:24 by Sizzle »

Offline Dragoonh

• Rate Post
« Reply #253 on: October 19, 2012, 01:46:34 »
I was told when I got sworn in that $500 would be taken off for rations and $100 for quarters monthly.
if that is true and you get paid every two weeks then you will be making $1000 minus any other fees / taxes

Offline TPJR

• Rate Post
« Reply #254 on: October 19, 2012, 01:48:57 »
Rations and Quarters is approx $640 per month for a single person, plus Supperanuation of another $225 or so.  Semi-monthly take home pay is around $600 so $1200 per month

Offline krystofurr

• Rate Post
« Reply #255 on: October 19, 2012, 13:50:11 »
I misquoted.

$660 rations and quarters (Single)
+ addition $275 every two weeks for rations and quarters totaling $550 a month.

Atleast that is how it was when I was there last August.

So add the extra $275 onto each payday and bam. $935. (If married) It could be different now.

Hey Sizzle, what do you mean by " additon $275 every two weeks.  You mean that's extra pay for being married? 

Any chance someone can post a pay statement showing everything?  :D

Offline Sizzle

• Rate Post
« Reply #256 on: October 19, 2012, 15:54:26 »
Hey Sizzle, what do you mean by " additon $275 every two weeks.  You mean that's extra pay for being married? 

Any chance someone can post a pay statement showing everything?  :D

Yes, you don't have to pay rations and quarters if you're married or Common law and as Stacked said No one is going to post a pay stub/not allowed to disclose a paystub.

aesop081

« Reply #257 on: October 19, 2012, 15:59:59 »
not allowed to disclose a paystub.

Take a breath for a second and think a little.

There is no rule/regulation that prohibits disclosing your pay statement. That's an individual choice as it is an individual's personal information on the document. I'm pretty sure i "disclosed" mine a few times in my life (car loan, mortgage, etc....).

No one should post their personal stuff like that on here, that's just common sense. That being said, there's no rule against it.

Offline krystofurr

• Rate Post
« Reply #258 on: October 19, 2012, 16:20:20 »
Oh k.  I didn't mean to ask for any personal info.  I just figured if everyone's pay is generally the same it wouldn't matter.  Really appreciate the info.

I still sorta don't understand the $935.  If you aren't charged for food and rations if you are married/own your dwelling then shouldn't you not have to pay $640 or do you still pay a portion of it.  It would be $1240 biweekly wouldn't it? 

What province is used for taxing purposes?  When I use the payroll calc it gives different amts for Ontario and Quebec. 

aesop081

« Reply #259 on: October 19, 2012, 16:23:54 »

What province is used for taxing purposes?   

Quebec.

Offline DAA

Administration is not an exact science..

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #260 on: October 19, 2012, 16:27:23 »
What province is used for taxing purposes?  When I use the payroll calc it gives different amts for Ontario and Quebec.

Taxes will be deducted based on your location of employment, Quebec....

Your best off to ask this question here ---->  https://www.facebook.com/groups/canadianforcesapplicants/?ref=ts&fref=ts

As there are people in this group at St Jean right now, who I am sure will be more than happy to share their "wage" experiences with you.
Got a question that you're afraid to ask online?  PM me with an email address!  I don't bite........

Offline krystofurr

• Rate Post
« Reply #261 on: October 19, 2012, 16:43:04 »
Oh k.  Thx Daa

Offline ExquisitelyChic

• Rate Post
« Reply #262 on: October 21, 2012, 13:07:40 »
Note: They will no longer be allowing you to take home full pay if you're COMMON LAW. My fiance's platoon/sister platoons were the last this would apply to since the information didn't reach recruiting centers in time for them to be notified. You will now have to pay for barracks and rations.

Offline krystofurr

• Rate Post
« Reply #263 on: October 22, 2012, 09:56:52 »
Don't get ur panties in a knot Stacked.  I'm just trying to get a straight answer.

When you get 6 different answers from different sources it's kinda hard to know what is what. 

I asked on facebook group and the only answer I got was $600 a month regardless of married or single.  I want to know for sure what is what b/c I am paying all bills at home and own my place and am married.  My own recruiting office told me I would be paying $640 regardless as well but I wanted to ask here to see from people who have already been to BMQ recently

I know it's not hard to understand.  But it's difficult to get a confirmed answer.  Thanks for your info though.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 10:01:32 by krystofurr »

Offline kratz

Summer is here...and more rain.

• Float, Move, Fight
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #264 on: October 22, 2012, 10:22:34 »
The reason it's difficult to get a confirmed answer is that you are asking a bunch of anonymous people on line (ie: Navy.ca or Facebook) and not directing your questions to the people who can provide you with the precise level of information you seem to be expecting.

Unofficial sources are only worth what you paid for them.
Quote from: Pipe *General Call*
"Tanning Stations on the flight deck"

Remember, this site is unofficial and privately owned. The site benefits from the presence of current members willing to answer questions.

Offline krystofurr

• Rate Post
« Reply #265 on: October 22, 2012, 11:06:09 »
Because they didn't sound very sure of the amounts.  And I need to be sure.

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #266 on: October 22, 2012, 11:18:37 »
Because they didn't sound very sure of the amounts.  And I need to be sure.

This sounds so wrong......If you think that joining the CF is going to make you tonnes of monies when you first join; think again.  You don't join the CF to become a millionaire.  Just rest assured that you will no likely have to sit on a claimed corner of Bloor and Dundas with a tin cup.
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline krystofurr

• Rate Post
« Reply #267 on: October 22, 2012, 11:39:32 »
George, don't assume.  It never gets you anywhere.

I know there isn't alot of money in the military.

Offline Journeyman

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #268 on: October 22, 2012, 11:46:42 »
It sounds like krystofurr is merely seeking as much clarification as possible, given the responsibility of financial obligations on the home front -- sounds commendable to me.

Hang on. Did I just come across as supportive in a Recruiting thread?!  :orly:

What I meant to say is, you will not always have answers/explanations spelled out for you, and if you can't deal with surprises and inadequate info, then go work at Burger King.  ******' new guys.   ::)

~whew~    ....the universe is in balance again.  ;)

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #269 on: October 22, 2012, 11:57:42 »
George, don't assume.  It never gets you anywhere.

I know there isn't alot of money in the military.

Perhaps I can as you a question then.   At the end of this month what exactly can "I" ( and I mean "ME") expect to see deposited in my bank account?  That is the type of question you are asking everyone here, and you are coming across as an "***".  Numerous posters have replied and you have been given "general" answers which give you a "round figure" as to what you could "possibly" expect to see.  Until such time as you are enrolled and actually being paid by the CF, DO NOT expect ANYONE to be able to give you an EXACT figure as to how much you will earn. 

Is that clear enough for you?

As for "assume"....You just made an *** out of YOU and me.   If you really want to start to lecture people at this stage of the game, expect the worse.

[Edit to add]

Perhaps I missed your point on the "do not assume" statement.  I apologize.  If you do land up taking the claiming a piece of turf on the corner of Bloor and Dundas, then I was wrong to assume that you can rest assured that you would not.  Sorry for assuming that.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 12:02:36 by George Wallace »
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline krystofurr

• Rate Post
« Reply #270 on: October 22, 2012, 12:07:33 »
Wow George.  You have issues man...

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #271 on: October 22, 2012, 12:11:46 »
Gee thanks.......Now put a cork in it.

Offline GAP

• Semper Fi
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #272 on: October 22, 2012, 12:11:54 »
Question has been asked and answered.....now it's just poking between the bars....time to shut're down......
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I´m not so sure about the universe

Offline Mattygu

• Rate Post
« Reply #273 on: October 29, 2012, 23:57:01 »
What is the pay during basic training?

Offline MeatheadMick

• Rate Post
-- “There are a terrible lot of lies going about the world, and the worst of it is that half of them are true.”

Sir Winston Churchill