Author Topic: Yikes ! (STAT)  (Read 38982 times)

tmbluesbflat

Re: Yikes ! (STAT)
« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2004, 05:32:00 »
I don‘t know how things compare today, however I qualified for cross rifle and crown every year 1962-1968 that was pretty good at the time. After I left the service. I of course hunted most every year until about 12 years ago, I reloaded, most mid size calibers, my favourite 8x57js best at downing bigger game min of angle accuracy, easy to shoot. I don‘t know how I would do these days, new types of gear different objectives. I prospect ,Geologist etc and carry a 357, scares teddies some. I was in good shape in ‘90 but today, run down I don‘t know but I would bet qualifing today would be some piece of work!

tmbluesbflat

« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2004, 05:40:00 »
Hey! anybody remember the backward forward action on the Fn C1A1, The trigger is depressed.....

tmbluesbflat

« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2004, 05:52:00 »
Slim I‘m not familiar with the glock, but the BHP is easy to get accurate with for people with fairly large hands, first thing to know is that the barrel must be as close to straight in line with the forearm and the wrist straight/flat as much as possible also with the forearm, an old Pistol Team 1PPCLI Cpl showed me that(Al Redman)
back in 63 get the but wedged into the web tightly between the thumb and forefinger, worked for me, and until it got lost in a river crossing I used my BHP for teddie duty for about 15 years, still miss it!

Offline Slim

• Just sliding along...
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Daylight in the swamp
    • Canadian Coast Guard Auxiliary
« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2004, 00:24:00 »
Originally posted by tmbluesbflat:
[qb] Slim I‘m not familiar with the glock, but the BHP is easy to get accurate [/qb]
I managed to get a few golds with the BHP but it took alot of practice. After that shooting a Glock 17 is so easy I almost don‘t have to open my eyes...!

Seriously, shooting with the BHP has given me the ability to really learn theory of pistol and marksmanship. I now concentrate on instincive shooting in real-world enviorments and settings rather than accuracy paper punching (which is still fun!).

Where do you shoot?

Slim
"The only thing required for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

Edmond Burke

tmbluesbflat

« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2004, 00:59:00 »
I rarely shoot anymore. I carry my .357 Smith in a shoulder rig when prospecting, scares teddies. But instinctive shooting is really what soldiers need to learn. When I was a kid, we lived in the bush(Blue River) and an old mtn man, Angus Horne Taught me to shoot when I was 7/8, with a.22, .22hornet and his ,45/70  the rifle he hunted with his philosophy was that you got it right the first time because mostly there was only one time. I have hunted most of my life and at one time was very proficient with all manner of weapons, from that time on.

Offline Slim

• Just sliding along...
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Daylight in the swamp
« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2004, 00:16:00 »
Bflat

I wish I could shoot more than I do now. We get to the range through work, now and again, but not nearly enough. The ammo is also creeping up in price!

Slim

Edmond Burke

Offline Slim2

• Proud Army Girlfriend
  • Rate Post
  • Army Girlfriend
« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2004, 06:23:00 »
I don‘t udnerstand you people, you‘re all basicly saying the same thing over and over...you‘re point was stated and then restated and so on. It‘s quite ridiculous considering how many people are complaining about all the space being taken up. You‘re all taking up space with the same point being stated over and over.
Katie Heaps
{Proud Girlfriend of a Queens York Rangers Soldier}

Offline Slim2

• Proud Army Girlfriend
  • Rate Post
  • Army Girlfriend
« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2004, 06:31:00 »
ignore my previous reply...i was out of hte room and my brother and sister like to mess around on my computer,
thanks
Katie Heaps
{Proud Girlfriend of a Queens York Rangers Soldier}

Offline Slim

• Just sliding along...
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Daylight in the swamp
« Reply #58 on: April 02, 2004, 00:20:00 »
you have the ability to remove your own posts if you don‘t like what is said.

Edmond Burke

Offline bossi

• "vae soli, vae victus"
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • The puck stops here ('War On Ice'!) Fight Smarter!
    • My pix (on MSN)
« Reply #59 on: April 02, 2004, 00:24:00 »
Oh, no - please don‘t remove what your brother/sister posted - it‘s entirely appropriate!

I don‘t udnerstand you people, you‘re all basicly saying the same thing over and over...you‘re point was stated and then restated and so on. It‘s quite ridiculous considering how many people are complaining about all the space being taken up. You‘re all taking up space with the same point being stated over and over.

Junior officers and NCOs who neglect to guide the thinking of their men are shirking a command responsibility.
-Feb 1955 Cbt Forces Journal
Those who appreciate true valour should in their daily intercourse set gentleness first and aim to win the love and esteem of others. If you affect valour and act with violence, the world will in the end detest you and look upon you as wild beasts. Of this you should take heed.
-Emperor Meiji: Rescript to Soldiers and Sailors, 4 January 1883