Author Topic: IR Postings [Merged]  (Read 41688 times)

Offline Pat in Halifax

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
  • Jackwagon
Re: IR Postings [Merged]
« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2013, 08:30:30 »
Unless this has changed:

Dependants who visit, reside with or occupy overnight at the temporary accommodation location can do so to an accumulative period of 30 days in a 365 day period. At the 30 day cumulative period, the entitlement to separation expense for that restricted or prohibited posting terminates.

Refs: CBI 208.997(5)(l) and QR & O 26.02

http://www.cmp-cpm.forces.gc.ca/dgcb-dgras/ps/db-as/faq/se-faf-eng.asp

Moe:
That was purely for the daily separation expense which no longer exists for those on IR. Prior to it's demise, If your spouse visited, on the form you submitted at the end of the month (can't remember the form #), you had to indicate this, and those days were abated from your daily allowance. Some didn't do this but for the sake of a few bucks, I didn't bother risking it.
Hulk:
I am going to suggest that you could probably ask a real estate freind/family member this exact question, no?
"No ******* ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making some other dumb ******* die for his"
George S. Patton

Offline HULK_011

• Rate Post
« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2013, 08:38:43 »
You make a good point on asking a realtor friend, but so many are on IR, and pretty much everyone is told to have an escape clause, that Im sure someone has a solid example that they have had to use.

Offline Pat in Halifax

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
  • Jackwagon
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2013, 09:09:39 »
'Most' places leasing to DND/gov't employees (in Ottawa anyway) are aware of this and should have one ready to add. I actually looked for my rental agreement from when I was in Ottawa (I am anal about keeping stuff like that!) but couldn't find it. If you don't get a response in the coming days, I still keep in touch with the landlord I had there and I can ask her to email the form she used. Her building (about 150 units) was about 60% CF on IR! She knew the rules and what was coming down the pipes better than the majority of us!
Good Luck.

I really didn't look forward to going and struggled a bit while I was there but looking back on the near 2 years, it wasn't so bad. Many will tell you it is a beautiful city and I wont argue that fact but I bet you Beijing is a beautiful city too but I wouldn't want to work there for two years!!!

Pat
"No ******* ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making some other dumb ******* die for his"
George S. Patton

Offline HULK_011

• Rate Post
« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2013, 10:08:01 »
The escape clause I wrote is one I saw from a local IR rental unit in Ottawa. So Im fairly confident its a well written clause, but would love a second opinion! Appreciate the advice... and I dont agree with the Ottawa/Bejing comparison.. I love Ottawa!

One of the places I was looking at renting is apparently an apt for a Senator... I jokingly asked if it was Mike Duffy's...

But I love Ottawa; The nightlife, the culture, and the political intrigue... and ill be in the middle of all of it!

Offline DAA

Administration is not an exact science..

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2013, 11:08:19 »
I have a place I'm ready to rent, but there are two questions I need to figure out before I can give a definite answer to the Realtor.
1. Anybody have an example of a good escape clause? An example I have is "a 30 day notice is accepted upon proof of purchase of a new home, proof of cancellation for a military course, or proof of posting relocation." Any other suggestions or things I should include?
2. Im not posted tell 21 Jul, but for obvious reasons the owner would like someone in immediately. I already told her June will be no go, but is it possible to have the move in date 1 Jul for IR, IOT to close the place?

Check with your current Base as I believe that CFIRP Art 7.04 (Rent in Advance) does apply to personnel proceeding on IR.  At least it did when I was posted to Ottawa years ago.

Your 30-day clause looks good.  Just a basic statement within the paragraph dealing with "Early Termination" needs to read "........can be terminated on 30-days written notice".
Got a question that you're afraid to ask online?  PM me!  I don't bite........

Offline HULK_011

• Rate Post
« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2013, 11:12:50 »
Thanks for the help again DAA. First and Last is approved, I was more wondering if they will let me rent the place for the whole month of July, vice just providing enough to cover when I move to Ottawa on the 21 Jul. I cant see why they wont, but didn't want to commit to something I couldn't back up.

Offline tijutk

• Rate Post
« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2018, 18:37:16 »
I moved with wife and 2 kids to petawawa in April 2017. My wife couldnt find a job in petawawa and she wants to move back to Toronto and get back to work. will i be eligible for IR if she moves back to toronto?

Offline garb811

• MP/MPO Question Answerer
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2018, 19:28:30 »
No.  IR is only applicable if you move and your family stays in location.

Offline Mediman14

• Rate Post
COS Question
« Reply #58 on: June 05, 2018, 15:27:51 »
Does anyone know the location of the policy/ direction on COS dates? I have a subordinate who is asking how long a COS date can be postponed due to the inability to get an PMQ. I have been trying to find the policy on this. I have checked the CBI'S etc, but I can't seem to find it.

Thanks in advance

Offline dapaterson

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
Re: COS Question
« Reply #59 on: June 05, 2018, 15:32:34 »
As I recall: Between commanding officers, a month; more than that and DGMC gets involved.

Don't have the reference handy, sorry - but it may be on the message.
This posting made in accordance with the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, section 2(b):
Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms: freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication
http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/charter/1.html

Online kratz

Summer. Finally!

• Float, Move, Fight
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #60 on: June 05, 2018, 15:52:32 »
The IRP Directive 11.2.02 states:

Unaccompanied moves

When accommodations have not been secured or they are not available prior to COS or RFD, CF members, who intend to relocate their dependants and/or HG&E to the new location, may proceed unaccompanied to the new place of duty on a restricted basis for a maximum period of six months. This does not apply to Reserve Force members serving on Class “B” reserve service. Reserve Force members on Class “B” reserve service shall relocate immediately as per Statement of Understanding (SOU).

CF members shall request an Imposed Restriction (IR) through the approving authority, as soon as it is known that the unaccompanied period will exceed six months. IR is administered by the support base. This does not apply to Reserve Force members serving on Class “B” reserve service. Reserve Force members on Class “B” reserve service shall relocate immediately as per Statement of Understanding (SOU).
Quote from: Pipe *General Call*
"Tanning Stations on the flight deck"

Remember, this site is unofficial and privately owned. The site benefits from the presence of current members willing to answer questions.

Offline Mediman14

• Rate Post
« Reply #61 on: June 05, 2018, 15:57:54 »
The IRP Directive 11.2.02 states:

Is IR request ever denied? What happens if it was denied?

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #62 on: June 05, 2018, 17:13:25 »
COS will be the responsibility of the Gaining Unit.  I have had a COS date strictly adhered to, when I asked for a change of dates, due to the Gaining Units requirements.
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline garb811

• MP/MPO Question Answerer
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #63 on: June 05, 2018, 17:22:56 »
Is IR request ever denied? What happens if it was denied?
As stated in the policy, providing the intent is to move their family once they get an RHU the first six months are automatic.

Although the member has to apply after that, it won't be refused for a valid reason and not having secured accommodations for the family is one.  The member should apply to the CM via their CoC about three months out thru a questionnaire that the CM will provide if it already isn't at hand in the new unit. 

Of note, once the IR past six months is approved, if the member secures accommodation the CM must be asked to lift the IR in order for the move of HG&E to be authorized.

Offline Mediman14

• Rate Post
« Reply #64 on: June 05, 2018, 17:29:00 »
Thanks for the responses!

I don't feel comfortable asking my CoC, as they often break the rules to meet their own needs on a regular basis and the attitude "it's my way or no way" doesn't help any.

Offline Eye In The Sky

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • VP INTERNATIONAL
« Reply #65 on: June 05, 2018, 19:09:05 »
As I recall: Between commanding officers, a month; more than that and DGMC gets involved.

Unless it's changed since 2013, you can request to change your RFD (Report For Duty) date 30 days either side of your COS date, agreement between losing/gaining COs.  It was basically "if losing CO agrees to Change in RFD, losing unit will contact gaining" or words to that effect  (when a mbr requests).

To change your actual COS date, that is the career manager shop and that requires a new posting message;  subsequently, if you do this (change your COS and get a new posting message) and you are mid-point thru your move admin with BGRS, they will have to close the current file and start over again from scratch (at least, that was the way in '13).  I went thru this on my last posting and in the end, and sucked up some extra driving for a few weeks as my house wasn't going to be built and ready for move in at the COS date +30 point.

Don't have the reference handy, sorry - but it may be on the message.

Unless it's changed, or my memory is farther gone than I think it is,  it will be in the Military Human Resources Records Procedures (MHRRP) manual;  I don't recall the exact chap/article but might still have an electronic copy at work of my Change in RFD request.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 19:24:35 by Eye In The Sky »
Pilot, RADAR...turn right, heading...3-6-5...

Offline MCG

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #66 on: June 05, 2018, 23:33:48 »
COS will be the responsibility of the Gaining Unit.  I have had a COS date strictly adhered to, when I asked for a change of dates, due to the Gaining Units requirements.
No.  COS is set by CM.  RFD (Report For Duty) is agreed between gaining and losing COs and may be 30 days +/- of COS.

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2018, 04:20:02 »
No.  COS is set by CM.  RFD (Report For Duty) is agreed between gaining and losing COs and may be 30 days +/- of COS.

Sorry.

Got my COS and RFD mixed up; the Gaining Unit would not change my RFD.

(It was back in '89)
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline kev994

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
IR Postings [Merged]
« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2018, 09:55:27 »
One of the clarification bulletins where you get the link to the CFIRP policy reminds COs that to the max extent possible they are to allow a change in RFD (up to 30 days). That said I have had it denied for operational reasons, this alleviated the need for a door to door move even though I had set one up.

Offline Mediman14

• Rate Post
« Reply #69 on: July 12, 2018, 19:06:10 »
I asked one of the RSM's at the mess today about what is the max a Mbr can ask for a Change of COS Date. Apparently, there is no min or max time frame a Mbr could ask for. Nor is there any direction/ order/ policy indicating it. I didn't challenge him on this, but is this accurate? So a Mbr can ask for a 6 month change of COS date providing there is good reason? What is the Realistic request for Change of COS Date? Is it 30 days? 60 days?
Honestly within my 18 years plus, I never had any dealings or any subordinates who ever requested a Change of COS Date so I am unfamiliar with the subject!

Online PuckChaser

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • Peacekeeper's Homepage
« Reply #70 on: July 12, 2018, 19:17:22 »
You can ask for whatever you want, there's no guarantee it's going to be approved, though. 30 days left or right is usually just RSM to RSM email, anything else needs to go to the Career Shop and they'll be asking questions.

Offline SupersonicMax

is back home.

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #71 on: July 12, 2018, 21:15:23 »
COS does not change when CO’s (not RSMs) agree to change the RFD date.  Only if the RFD date needs to change by more than 30 days does the COS need to be changed.  It is a request that goes from requesting CO to other CO and approved by D Mil C.

Offline Simian Turner

is a veteran who enjoys oddities!

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Do the right thing; do the thing right!
« Reply #72 on: July 13, 2018, 00:10:42 »
Report Date Change  Policy:

http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/about-policies-standards-benefits-relocation/2009-clarification-chg-report-date.page

Commanding Officer's responsibilities
Commanding Officers have a responsibility to be as flexible as possible in the adjustment of reporting dates to enable CF members to coordinate their move effectively. Adjusting the reporting date represents one of the best ways of ensuring ILM&M is kept to a minimum and effect a door-to-door move.
The grand essentials of happiness: something to do, something to love, something to hope for.  Allan K. Chalmers