Author Topic: Safe injection?  (Read 3015 times)

Offline Nemo888

• Banned
  • Rate Post
Safe injection?
« on: June 01, 2008, 16:44:44 »
I am a little biased being a Reserve Medic and working in a civvie hospital. We give out free condoms to soldiers who bang skanky prostitutes no questions asked. One step further up the chain would be 10cent needles to the prostitutes themselves. I see it as a form of disease prevention. It's not about helping addicts, though having a medical professional around with 02 and Narcan can save a few lives a year. Maybe keep a few needles out of the children's playgrounds and alleys as well.

Diseases see no difference between good or bad people, at least that is how I have been brainwashed by my medical training. Stopping the spread of disease saves millions annually and when the costs of loosing productive citizens is included billions of health care dollars are saved.

It saves money and prevents the spread of disease. Jails are actually vectors for Hep C and AIDS now, so jail only makes it worse and is very expensive. Executing them would be effective, but good luck with that.

If anyone has better solutions let me know.

Offline PMedMoe

is retired and loving it!

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
Re: Safe injection?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 17:06:51 »
We give out free condoms to soldiers who bang skanky prostitutes no questions asked.

That's quite the assumptive statement.  How do you know they're having sex with prostitutes?
"A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving".
~ Lao Tzu~

Offline Nemo888

• Banned
  • Rate Post
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 17:13:37 »
I know people in the Army who bang skanky prostitutes. They have told me so in my private life. They are also cheap bastards and use the free MIR condoms.
I have seen the prostitutes at work on bases and in the shacks as well. I'll be tactful and not mention any names or places.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 17:16:48 by Nemo888 »

Offline Zell_Dietrich

• Rate Post
  • I’ve earned every scar I have by surviving.
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2008, 17:14:42 »
I think you're talking about 'Harm Reduction'.  Which almost everyone would agree to.  The problems come with implementation.  They've done the free handouts for needles, and suddenly there are lots of needles that kids get poked on.  Solution safe injection sites - which come with lots of issues.  (both in the big and small picture)

http://www.vch.ca/sis/  http://www.canadianharmreduction.com

“Men regard it as their right to return evil for evil and, if they cannot, feel they have lost their liberty” -  Aristotle

(If you feel forced to return evil with evil,  how much liberty do you have?)

aesop081

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2008, 17:17:23 »
I know people in the Army who bang skanky prostitutes. They have told me so in my private life.
I have seen the prostitutes at work on bases and in the shacks as well. I'll be tactful and not mention any names or places.

Prostitutes have clients from ALL walks of life. Its not limited to soldiers. Its not limited to military bases.

I'll be tactful and not tell you what to shove up your rear end.

Offline Nemo888

• Banned
  • Rate Post
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2008, 17:19:21 »
With a free MIR condom no doubt.

aesop081

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2008, 17:21:07 »
With a free MIR condom no doubt.

You are assuming that soldiers with free MIR condoms are doing something illegal. I have used them and it was never with hookers down the street. The difference is that those safe injection sites and needle handout operations are supporting something that IS illegal in any case.

Offline Nemo888

• Banned
  • Rate Post
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2008, 17:30:21 »
This is to protect the guy banging infected prostitiues and his wife if he has one. Really don't care much about the addicts personally. I am also cheap with my healthcare dollars. I'd rather not spend it on long term care and disability caused by preventable diseases.

aesop081

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2008, 17:32:38 »
This is to protect the guy banging infected prostitiues and his wife if he has one. Really don't care much about the addicts personally. I am also cheap with my healthcare dollars. I'd rather not spend it on long term care and disability caused by preventable diseases.

PM me your adress and i will mail you a free box of condoms. THAT seems to be the sore point in your life. You also seem to think that every single guy in the military, married or otherwise, spends his time screwing around with cheap hookers.

That my freind, makes you an idiot.

Offline Nemo888

• Banned
  • Rate Post
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2008, 17:34:22 »
It is really. Seen a few people die of stupid preventable infections. I really don't equate having a disease with a moral failing. Makes no sense to me.

Offline Nemo888

• Banned
  • Rate Post
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2008, 17:39:23 »
I really don't understand how an old crank like you ever became directing staff. Calling me an "idiot". So old an yet so immature.

Offline Sigger

• Rate Post
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2008, 17:48:40 »
Executing them would be effective, but good luck with that.

If anyone has better solutions let me know.

Methinks those diseases are there for a purpose... If one is so frigged up to inject ones self with drugs, they should reap the consequences.. natures way to ridding of those types.

That my freind, makes you an idiot.

I, finally, find myself in agreeance with CDN Aviator
-VVV-

Offline Fishbone Jones

MSC -7245.

• "Some people will only like you if you fit inside their box. Don't be afraid to shove that box up their ass."
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
    • Army.ca
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2008, 17:57:13 »
So, Nemo had his little rant and got it off his chest. As this is already spiralling and has no redeeming discussion properties, it's locked. If you want to discuss it further with the author, go to PMs.

Milnet.ca Staff
Corruption in politics doesn't scare me.
What scares me is how comfortable people are doing nothing about it.