Author Topic: Fitness for Operational Requirements of CAF Employment ( FORCE )  (Read 789629 times)

Offline dapaterson

Halfway to being an idiot-savant.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
Re: Fitness for Operational Requirements of CAF Employment ( FORCE )
« Reply #1025 on: May 21, 2015, 19:16:30 »
So I heard something today.

The CF fitness test is changing again.  There will be 3 levels.
CF PT test/fitness level
Army PT Test/fitness level
and a 3rd level, possibly trade or unit.

*mic drop*

There is discussion about adding incentive levels to the FORCE test.  Any environmental or Trade standard would have to be established in a way to ensure it is supportable and defensible in the event of a grievance; it can't merely be someone declaring "I think this is the standard".  FORCE was researched and established based on evidence, with CAF SMEs identifying the tasks and standards that must be achieved, and the sample exercises and standards that make up the FORCE test were set as scientifically valid predictors of performance in those tasks.

The Army merely has to identify a reasonable, defensible standard and determine what is a sound, supportable predictor of success of that standard.
This posting made in accordance with the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, section 2(b):
Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms: freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication
http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/charter/1.html

Offline Bird_Gunner45

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #1026 on: May 21, 2015, 19:17:36 »

CF PT test/fitness level

*mic drop*

In Shilo the head of the PSP briefed us that the army would in fact have its own PT test within 12 months. What was briefed was:

- The BFT and FORCE test would be merged into 1 test for the army. The BFT would become a 5km march to the gym and the FORCE test would be done immediately afterwards. Each person would receive a score in 1 of 4 possible quadrants, being (not literally named but to get the idea across...) fat-unfit (member is overweight and failed the FORCE test), fat-fit (member is overweight and passed the force test), not-fat-unit (member is not fat but failed) and fat-fit. So, based on your overall score you'll receive a patch for your uniform also, with platinum being the highest (and he said only achievable by .2% of the CF).

You will also be scored as a collective with the rest of your unit, so leadership will be evaluation on the effectiveness of their PT plans based on the Coy/Bty/Sqn scores, the Regt/Bn score, the Bde score, and the Div score.

Offline LunchMeat

• Banned
  • Rate Post
« Reply #1027 on: May 21, 2015, 19:26:16 »
In Shilo the head of the PSP briefed us that the army would in fact have its own PT test within 12 months. What was briefed was:

- The BFT and FORCE test would be merged into 1 test for the army. The BFT would become a 5km march to the gym and the FORCE test would be done immediately afterwards. Each person would receive a score in 1 of 4 possible quadrants, being (not literally named but to get the idea across...) fat-unfit (member is overweight and failed the FORCE test), fat-fit (member is overweight and passed the force test), not-fat-unit (member is not fat but failed) and fat-fit. So, based on your overall score you'll receive a patch for your uniform also, with platinum being the highest (and he said only achievable by .2% of the CF).

You will also be scored as a collective with the rest of your unit, so leadership will be evaluation on the effectiveness of their PT plans based on the Coy/Bty/Sqn scores, the Regt/Bn score, the Bde score, and the Div score.

CF PT test/fitness level

*mic drop*

:facepalm:

"The most important six inches on the battlefield is between your ears.” ~General James "Mad Dog" Mattis, USMC

Offline Dimsum

West coast best coast.

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • I get paid to travel. I just don't pick where.
« Reply #1028 on: May 21, 2015, 21:47:53 »
So, based on your overall score you'll receive a patch for your uniform also, with platinum being the highest (and he said only achievable by .2% of the CF).

:facepalm:

And here I was, quietly laughing to myself that the RAAF has a "battle budgie" pin on service dress that shows they are fit for deployment. 
Philip II of Macedon to Spartans (346 BC):  "You are advised to submit without further delay, for if I bring my army into your land, I will destroy your farms, slay your people, and raze your city."

Reply:  "If."

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #1029 on: May 22, 2015, 00:26:42 »
Why does that saying about the Boy Scouts having adult leadership come to mind?
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline daftandbarmy

• Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
  • The Older I Get, The Better I Was
« Reply #1030 on: May 22, 2015, 00:45:33 »

Great! A new pin!

Maybe someday they'll be worth 15 bucks on e-bay, just like this little beauty  ;D

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Canada-Canadian-Armed-Forces-95-BRONZE-WARRIOR-badge-pin-/330714047445?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d0017e3d5
"The most important qualification of a soldier is fortitude under fatigue and privation. Courage is only second; hardship, poverty and want are the best school for a soldier." Napoleon

Offline Pusser

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #1031 on: May 28, 2015, 05:21:02 »

I like it!  A badge for being fat!
Sure, apes read Nietzsche.  They just don't understand it.

Offline c_canuk

• Rate Post
« Reply #1032 on: May 28, 2015, 13:05:31 »
Where the hell is this kindergarten-esque thinking coming from?

What level of isolation are these people in who think this is a good idea.

I've met no one who thinks bling for passing a mandatory test is a good idea.

We seriously need more incentive to pass a pt test other than, pass it or get out? We need achievement pins?

This is what people are spending time on when we have so many other issues that need attention?  :facepalm:
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
-John Stewart Mill

Offline Humphrey Bogart

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #1033 on: May 28, 2015, 13:11:36 »

We seriously need more incentive to pass a pt test other than, pass it or get out? We need achievement pins?

This is what people are spending time on when we have so many other issues that need attention?  :facepalm:

Nobody says you need to wear it on your uniform.  I certainly won't be  :)

We can pool them all together and sell them to the Walter Mitty's of the world.  I'm sure Franck Gervais would love a nice fitness pin to go along with his Pathfinder badge and Medal of Bravery  ;D

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #1034 on: May 28, 2015, 13:37:42 »

Gold Star for you..... ;D
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline Humphrey Bogart

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #1035 on: May 28, 2015, 13:42:19 »
Any takers on what the badges will look like?

I'd go with this  ;D

I envision being a little bigger than the 1812 Pin and also keeping the aforementioned pin's spinning feature!

Offline Oldgateboatdriver

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #1036 on: May 28, 2015, 13:45:58 »

I agree. Bling is ridiculous. We should issue ribbons instead, like the US, so it can go right beside the ribbon for "I crossed the street without my sergeant's assistance".  /SARC OFF

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #1037 on: May 28, 2015, 13:47:38 »
I agree. Bling is ridiculous. We should issue ribbons instead, like the US, so it can go right beside the ribbon fro "I crossed the street without my sergeant's assistance".  /SARC OFF

"Raincoats On! - Raincoats Off!" comes to mind.

Offline PMedMoe

is retired and loving it!

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #1038 on: May 28, 2015, 14:45:42 »
Any takers on what the badges will look like?

Why not just use these again?

With Velcro, of course....

;D
"A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving".
~ Lao Tzu~

Offline c_canuk

• Rate Post
« Reply #1039 on: May 28, 2015, 15:05:29 »
perhaps something like this?
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
-John Stewart Mill

Offline Brasidas

• Rate Post
« Reply #1040 on: May 28, 2015, 15:13:40 »
Why not just use these again?

With Velcro, of course....

;D

Hi-vis and subdued versions?

Offline PMedMoe

is retired and loving it!

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #1041 on: May 28, 2015, 15:34:35 »
Hi-vis and subdued versions?

Nah, take them off for operations...
"A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving".
~ Lao Tzu~

Offline Humphrey Bogart

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #1042 on: May 28, 2015, 15:36:46 »

We need a coloured one for garrison use and a CADPAT one for Ops!  I love it

Offline Bird_Gunner45

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #1043 on: May 28, 2015, 17:24:53 »

Agreed. If the enemy can see my PT badge it just lets him know how much he needs to lead.....

Online Hamish Seggie

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • This is my son Michael, KIA Afghanistan 3 Sep 08
« Reply #1044 on: May 28, 2015, 21:43:01 »
We don't need no stinkin badges.....
Freedom Isn't Free   "Never Shall I Fail My Brothers"

“Do everything that is necessary and nothing that is not".

Offline AllSmiles

• Green around the ears... and everywhere else
  • Rate Post
« Reply #1045 on: December 15, 2015, 12:54:09 »
I thought the beep test was retired from CFLRS and they used the sandbag relay now?
My package from recruiting says
Sandbag Drag
20m Rushes
And Shuttle run

I take it the sandbag relay is too easy?
Recruiting Center: Vancouver
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: Infantry
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date: January 12, 2015 (Online)
First Contact: January 26, 2015 (Email)
Aptitude Completed : September 2005
TSD/PI: April 15, 2015
Interview Completed: August 20, 2015
Medical Completed: October 2015
Position Offered: November 12th 2015
Sworn In: December 1st 2015
Basic Training Begins: January 11th 2016

Offline PuckChaser

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • Peacekeeper's Homepage
« Reply #1046 on: December 15, 2015, 13:06:43 »
20m rushes is not the 20m shuttle. They are a sprint, with a drop to your stomach every 10m. There's YouTube video out there of the FORCE test.

Offline Loachman

• Former Army Pilot in Drag
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #1047 on: December 15, 2015, 13:56:08 »
Another merge...

Offline AllSmiles

• Green around the ears... and everywhere else
  • Rate Post
« Reply #1048 on: December 15, 2015, 14:14:03 »
20m rushes is not the 20m shuttle. They are a sprint, with a drop to your stomach every 10m. There's YouTube video out there of the FORCE test.

I know. The 20m rushes and the shuttle test are on my sheet from Vancouver recruiting center Hodor.
Recruiting Center: Vancouver
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: Infantry
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date: January 12, 2015 (Online)
First Contact: January 26, 2015 (Email)
Aptitude Completed : September 2005
TSD/PI: April 15, 2015
Interview Completed: August 20, 2015
Medical Completed: October 2015
Position Offered: November 12th 2015
Sworn In: December 1st 2015
Basic Training Begins: January 11th 2016

Offline mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post