Author Topic: AF beret + Metal Capbadge  (Read 21707 times)

Offline Strike

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Welcome to the Dead Parrot's Society.
Re: AF beret + Metal Capbadge
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2008, 13:31:43 »
and where has this kit been made mandatory?  If the CO had said you will wear OG107 and you will wear it with beret then the argument is valid. The CO has not said you must wear OG107 - s/he has said IF you want me to authorize you to wear this optional kit then you will need this optional kit to go with it.  Still all optional - don't want to acquire the beret then wear your regular issued kit.

CountDC,

Sorry, but this is where the pilot in me kicks in.  When you use the word will, then you are giving an order.  You would have been better served wording it this way:  "If the CO has said you are allowed (iow, authorized) to wear OG107, you will wear it with the beret."

When you follow it up with your next sentence you end up contradicting yourself by saying the CO has not said you must wear it.  In your previous sentence that is exactly what has been said.

I live my life by checklists where there is a huge and very important difference between "will" and "may".  It may be semantics to others but not me.  Sorry about being so tight on this.  Maybe that's why I flew of the handle a bit.
Stop assuming I'm a man!

Don't know how long I want to keep playing this game...

Offline CountDC

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2008, 13:40:17 »
CountDC,

Sorry, but this is where the pilot in me kicks in.  When you use the word will, then you are giving an order.  You would have been better served wording it this way:  "If the CO has said you are allowed (iow, authorized) to wear OG107, you will wear it with the beret."

When you follow it up with your next sentence you end up contradicting yourself by saying the CO has not said you must wear it.  In your previous sentence that is exactly what has been said.

I live my life by checklists where there is a huge and very important difference between "will" and "may".  It may be semantics to others but not me.  Sorry about being so tight on this.  Maybe that's why I flew of the handle a bit.

read the whole thing and go back through the prior posts  -not contradicting. 

first sentence I am saying "IF the CO had said you will" as in IF the CO had ordered then the argument is valid. 

second sentence I am pointing out that in the case in question the CO has not done this but left the option open.

The way you have worded it is what the CO in this thread has said which corresponds to the second sentence and makes the argument invalid.  Wording semantics is actually what is driving this thread and as a clerk I look carefully at those little words in the regulations while others run off personal opinions.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 13:58:09 by CountDC »
“non-commissioned officer (NCO)” means a member holding the rank of sergeant or corporal.

QR&O's

Offline g_star15

• Rate Post
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2009, 14:45:18 »
I have a question. Does anyone know where to get capbrass's from?, because i am looking for the MP cap brass and i cant find it.

Offline NFLD Sapper

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • CFSME STAFF
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2009, 14:49:33 »
If its for cadets, then ask through your local unit.
CHIMO!
First in, Last out
Sappers Lead the Way

Just tell your wife she owes your life to some Muddy Old Engineer,
Some dusty, crusty, croaking, joking Muddy Old Engineer

Offline Bomb Disposal Bob

• Rate Post
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2012, 18:19:48 »
Your CO cannot mandate that you must purchase a piece of non-issue kit. i.e. OG 107 or a beret.  The authorized headdress with OG107 field dress is a wedge or beret.  However, as the beret is not issued, there no authority for anyone to mandate its wear, unless of course the local sponsor purchases berets with non-public funds for those cadets who have acquired OG107.

"Cadets are authorized to wear the OG107 uniform during sqn survival exercises when authorized by the sqn CO. Headdress (the wedge or blue beret with the Air Cadet hat insignia, wide-brimmed tan summer hat or toque) and cadet rank slip-ons shall be worn with the OG107 uniform."

AF Berets can be issued. Just go to your Supplies Officer down at the QM, and ask them to order a beret. They will fill out an order from Logistiks and get them shipped it. And little known fact you can also wear berets with your DU's.
Nos Mos viam invenient - We Will Find A Way.

Offline PViddy

• Rate Post
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2012, 21:55:37 »
AF Berets can be issued purchased. Just go to your Supplies Officer down at the QM, and ask them to order where to purchase an AF blue  beret. They will fill out an order from Logistiks and get them shipped it. And little known fact you can also wear berets with your DU's. 

Fixed that for you.

AF berets for Air Cadets are not issued at the LHQ.  They are optional for wear with OG 107's and so therfore can be purchased from a CANEX or sites like Joe Drouin.  Berets are NOT authorized for wear with any other part of the uniform except Cadet Field Uniform as noted in CATO 55-04 para E.

PV
PER ARDUA AD ASTRA