Author Topic: 1/35 Leopard 2A6M Cdn in plastic  (Read 25266 times)

Offline GINge!

• Rate Post
1/35 Leopard 2A6M Cdn in plastic
« on: June 30, 2010, 01:56:59 »
Looks like the Hobbyboss kit will be out soon, around August.

http://www.hobbyboss.com/82458.html

Looks like everything we need to make the Cdn version is in the box - slat armour, Cdn markings, GPMG, "T" Antenna mounts.

No word on a price, but previous iterations of their Leopards (2A4, 2A5) can be had for around $25.
It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required.

Offline Big Beef

• Rate Post
  • Fortes fortuna adiuvat
Re: 1/35 Leopard 2A6M Cdn in plastic
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 03:55:17 »
/begin phase "the little boy inside me who loves toys"

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

Screw buying Nutella, Minute Rice, Pork Chops and Eggs this week... I'm buying THAT!  ;D

/end phase

That's actually really amazing!

I have a couple of HobbyBoss kits already, a German Pz.Kpfw KV-1 756 and a Russia T-34/76 (1942). I love hobby model kits, keeps my hands busy on my days off... the fiancee can keep her sanity for another hour or two  ;)
UP THE DUKES!

"TROOPER! THERE'S A SNAKE IN THE BUCKET!" "Then deal with it Private!"
Ah, the good ol' bootlace trick! >:D

Offline GINge!

• Rate Post
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 16:25:19 »

Offline ModlrMike

: Riding time again... woohooo!

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
    • Canadian Association of Physician Assistants
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 17:16:00 »
I'm not so much into armour right now, but I see myself building one of these.
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may create the illusion that you are tougher,smarter, faster and better looking than most people.
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. (H.L. Mencken 1919)
Zero tolerance is the politics of the lazy. All it requires is that you do nothing and ban everything.

Offline Nerf herder

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • The usual suspect.
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 17:33:59 »
Is there a photoetch set for it? If so I'll be building my old C/S.

Regards
Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who kept their swords.--Ben Franklin

"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion."
    -Norman Schwartzkopf

Offline Tow Tripod

• Rate Post
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2010, 17:44:09 »
The model of the Leo tank is incomplete. It has to have that huge combat umbrella covering the crew commander when they are going down the river bed 
TOW TRIPOD

Offline Nerf herder

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • The usual suspect.
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2010, 17:47:02 »
The model of the Leo tank is incomplete. It has to have that huge combat umbrella covering the crew commander when they are going down the river bed

Part of the Barricuda kit. An add on package from one of the TAVs in '08.

Regards
Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who kept their swords.--Ben Franklin

"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion."
    -Norman Schwartzkopf

Offline Michael O'Leary

• The moral high ground cannot be dominated by fire alone, it must be occupied to be claimed as held.
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The Regimental Rogue
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2010, 18:50:38 »
Is there going to a be a Lawfield Corrider detailing package with beer coolers and a hibachi?    ;D

Offline GK .Dundas

• Rate Post
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2010, 19:01:53 »
ah c'mon Michael  admit it you're just jealous !
"Norman. You know my policy on arming morons.If you arm one you have arm them all. Otherwise it 's just not sporting!"

Offline Nerf herder

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • The usual suspect.
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2010, 20:06:43 »
Is there going to a be a Lawfield Corrider detailing package with beer coolers and a hibachi?    ;D

With the additional miniatures of the CC and loader pouring out extremely hot coffee on the ground...while an infanteer sadly looks on in the winter scene.

Then there is the added tank telephone being stretched too far by a section commander while the tank driver runs over a tree diorama as well.

Regards

-Norman Schwartzkopf

Offline Petamocto

• Banned
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Thank god the Taliban doesn't use attack dogs.
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2010, 20:17:35 »
With the additional miniatures of the CC and loader pouring out extremely hot coffee on the ground...while an infanteer sadly looks on in the winter scene.

Just that you know these incidents actually take place has raised your stock value a lot with me.

While we're at it, why not include the miniatures of the infanteer shaking himself awake at night fighting frostbite while the tanker racks out on his back deck sweating down the side of the tank because the engine is still radiating too much heat hours after it shut down.
"Do what you feel in your heart to be right - for you'll be criticized anyway." - Roosevelt

Offline Nerf herder

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • The usual suspect.
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2010, 20:36:35 »
Just that you know these incidents actually take place has raised your stock value a lot with me.

While we're at it, why not include the miniatures of the infanteer shaking himself awake at night fighting frostbite while the tanker racks out on his back deck sweating down the side of the tank because the engine is still radiating too much heat hours after it shut down.

You've dated yourself.

We rarely ever get the chance to do that anymore. More often that not, we're on the ground too.

Most guys that have less than 10 years in don't even know what it's like to live on the tanks, sleep on the back deck, refuel a tank using the hoppers while the thing is still rolling through the running resupply or cook up a crew serve breakfast.

/tangent

So anyone know of any photo-etched parts?

Regards

-Norman Schwartzkopf

Offline GINge!

• Rate Post
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2010, 23:13:57 »
I don't think the HB kit will come with PE.

There is PE available, but its designed for the Tamiya kit. You can make a 2A6M CDN from the Tamiya kit, but in addition to the slat armour PE, you'd need the Storm Mini's resin bits, and some Echelon decals (not that there's many markings). I'm going to build both - the Tamiya + etch + other bits for a 'serious' attempt, and the HobbyBoss one as a weekend or "Hooray, I'm on TD in Valcartier" slammer.

The coleman coolers are out there, along with 1/35 cans of TimHo's.

Woohoo, looks like the care packages arrived:

Can't forget IMP's. Sadly, no gravy for the Strats.

Offline mover1

• Rate Post
  • I wasn't looking at anybodys birthmark man........
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2010, 00:48:18 »
Wow..what a great day....this is making me well up with tears. Finally Canada has made such an impact on the world stage that model companies around the world are making model kits and Canadian Accessories for said kits.  :salute:
proud day folks proud day

Well not really proud. but surpized and kida stoked at the same time.
 Is there going to be a  resin kit of a CP  where a Task force commander is putting the blocks to an NCM?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 00:55:15 by mover1 »

Offline GINge!

• Rate Post
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2010, 01:38:35 »

So anyone know of any photo-etched parts?

Regards

Kit comes with 2 frets of PE. One covers the perforated turret basket walls & floor, the other has the two circular engine deck grilles, the convoy-white-cross-on-a-shield frigamajig, some gunner sight frames, and what I think might be a guard for the SGL.

Offline Nerf herder

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • The usual suspect.
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2010, 06:07:51 »
Kit comes with 2 frets of PE. One covers the perforated turret basket walls & floor, the other has the two circular engine deck grilles, the convoy-white-cross-on-a-shield frigamajig, some gunner sight frames, and what I think might be a guard for the SGL.

I give up...what is that? Seeing as I've commanded one, instructed the conversion course, even I don't know of this part nor the acronym.

Regards

-Norman Schwartzkopf

Offline Tango18A

• Rate Post
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2010, 08:25:01 »
Smoke grenade launchers (MBGD/MBGL)??

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2010, 14:05:19 »
MBGD  =  Multi Barrel Grenade Discharger
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline GINge!

• Rate Post
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2010, 20:47:32 »
Smoke grenade launchers (MBGD/MBGL)??

^ what he said

Offline Tango18A

• Rate Post
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2010, 20:55:48 »
The correct term is Multi Barrel Grenade Discharger or Multi Barrel Grenade Launcher dependant on platform.

Offline tango22a

Just \"LOVES\" being kicked to the curb!!

• R011C Dinosaur
  • Rate Post
  • Lurker in the shadows
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2010, 21:25:22 »
When still on Cougar they were called "Multi-barrelled Smoke Grenade Dischargers"

tango22a
DISCLAIMER: THE IDEAS AND OPINIONS EXPRESSED HEREIN ARE MINE AND MINE ALONE! NO ONE OTHER THAN MYSELF IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THEM!

CYNIC .... with a CAPITAL C
Character assassinations a specialty
Still crazy after all these years!!!

Dead Horse Beater......Par Excellence!

Offline Nerf herder

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • The usual suspect.
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2010, 21:56:44 »
When still on Cougar they were called "Multi-barrelled Smoke Grenade Dischargers"

tango22a

I remember that as well. When I leaped from Cougars to the Leo I asked why the were called MBSGDs on them and MBGDs on panzers....the reply was "It's cause they just are!". I now know better.        ;)

Thanks for clearing that up T18A.

Regards

-Norman Schwartzkopf

Offline Tango18A

• Rate Post
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2010, 22:20:06 »
No issues. Seems that someone in DLR land always feels the need to introduce new designations every so many years just to keep the troops from knowing exactly what they are using.

Offline daftandbarmy

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • The Older I Get, The Better I Was
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2010, 23:54:10 »
MBGD  =  Multi Barrel Grenade Discharger

Having seen the 16/5 in action, I'm pretty sure that the 'B' stands for 'beer'. Not sure about the rest.

Vulgar fractions, indeed...  ;D
"The most important qualification of a soldier is fortitude under fatigue and privation. Courage is only second; hardship, poverty and want are the best school for a soldier." Napoleon

Offline Tango18A

• Rate Post
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2010, 00:28:16 »
Leave it to the Brits to gravitate towards beer. ;D

Offline Jungle

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2010, 07:19:45 »

And I thought MBGD stood for "Miller Beer Genuine Draft"...
"I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."
- John G. Diefenbaker. July 1, 1960. From the Canadian Bill of Rights.

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2010, 12:41:20 »
I remember that as well. When I leaped from Cougars to the Leo I asked why the were called MBSGDs on them and MBGDs on panzers....the reply was "It's cause they just are!". I now know better.        ;)

Thanks for clearing that up T18A.

Regards

One only fired Smoke (Chemical or WP), while the other fired Smoke or HE.  No need to call it a "Smoke Grenade Discharger" if you have loaded it with HE.    ;D
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2010, 12:43:23 »

WHAT !

We never moved without a case of "Green Grenades" per man, and at least one 1.5 lt bottle of Baileys to keep our coffees to the NATO Standard.

Offline Tango18A

• Rate Post
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2010, 20:25:57 »
George,

You would die of thirst these days. Even smokers have been cut back to end ex only.

Offline GINge!

• Rate Post
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2010, 14:26:59 »
No issues. Seems that someone in DLR land always feels the need to introduce new designations every so many years just to keep the troops from knowing exactly what they are using.

It's how one gets 'points' for 'leading change' when tasked to work in a HQ.

Gotta love it when a TLA like MBSGD takes the same time to say out loud as "Smoke Grenade Launcher"!

Offline recceguy

A Usual Suspect.

• At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child – miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats. -P.J. O’Rouke-
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
  • doddering docent to the museum of misanthropy
    • Army.ca
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2010, 15:06:21 »
I'm not disputing the present nomenclature, but having served in Centurion, Ferret, Lynx and AVGP family, we  always referred to them as MBSGD.
“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.”

John G. Diefenbaker

Offline Tango18A

• Rate Post
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2010, 17:33:12 »
Were there any 76mm HE grenades back then?

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2010, 17:43:05 »

Yes there were.

(And as recceguy can attest, one did not want to be down range when a Lynx fired off its Smk (WP).  )

Offline tango22a

Just \"LOVES\" being kicked to the curb!!

• R011C Dinosaur
  • Rate Post
  • Lurker in the shadows
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2010, 18:07:28 »
Late one summer the powers that be decided to fire SMK(WP) grenades from the MBSGDs on a troop of Cougars. Unfortunately they set fire to the grass at the North end of the Mattawa Plain and more than a few people spent several hours putting out the fire.

Rather than unload the other unfired MBSGDs the Cougars were driven down to the shore of the river and the remaining WP was fired out over the river.......into about a 40km HEADWIND!!! The grenades were blown backwards and most exploded BEHIND the firing vehicles.

I must say it led to a mad dash by several people (myself jncluded) to dodge the burning fragments of WP!

tango22a

RG: Sorry for Tangent
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 18:56:01 by tango22a »
DISCLAIMER: THE IDEAS AND OPINIONS EXPRESSED HEREIN ARE MINE AND MINE ALONE! NO ONE OTHER THAN MYSELF IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THEM!

CYNIC .... with a CAPITAL C
Character assassinations a specialty
Still crazy after all these years!!!

Dead Horse Beater......Par Excellence!

Offline recceguy

A Usual Suspect.

• At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child – miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats. -P.J. O’Rouke-
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
  • doddering docent to the museum of misanthropy
    • Army.ca
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2010, 23:56:47 »

The Cent and Ferret fired strictly Brit WP grenades. They were typical hand thrown variety and we used a separate squib charge that we had to wire into the tube to launch them.
“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.”

John G. Diefenbaker

Offline Tango18A

• Rate Post
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2010, 00:10:16 »
So then MBSGD were the appropriate term back in the day. And MBGD/MBGL is proper for now as there is now more than one flavour of 76mm grenade.

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2010, 10:49:43 »
So then MBSGD were the appropriate term back in the day. And MBGD/MBGL is proper for now as there is now more than one flavour of 76mm grenade.

I suppose it would also depend on whether you had a lisp or some other speech impediment as well.    >:D

Offline mover1

• Rate Post
  • I wasn't looking at anybodys birthmark man........
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2010, 11:19:26 »
I suppose it would also depend on whether you had a lisp or some other speech impediment as well.    >:D

There was a MCpl in the Hussars in Germany that had a bit of a speech impediment. He would do  his CC drills and when he got to the MBGD he would yell "moke - no moke"

In fact once when in Bergen we were doing an ex with the Brits. Some infantry climbed his tank and he was yelling over the net.
"HONA F@#$ DEY ON MA DANK THEY ON MY DANK....."silence.
Followed by the gunner laughing.. "1 this is -- they got my crew commander over"

Good fun.

Offline rocnrol

• Rate Post
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2015, 13:17:28 »
ok...... I've said it before replying to some of these posts, I apologize for bringing up an old post, but this one has me laughing pretty hard!!! why??? be cause I WAS that gunner that was on the radio laughing about them taking my crew commander! if I may ask, what is your name Mover1?