Author Topic: Redness of Face  (Read 3762 times)

Offline 123jack

• Rate Post
Redness of Face
« on: March 19, 2011, 12:00:38 »
Any Afghanistan veterans developed severe/permanent rash on face and eyes, in particular anyone from TFK R3 or the Kandahar TAT...

Offline Strike

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Welcome to the Dead Parrot's Society.
Re: Redness of Face
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 16:09:38 »
Any Afghanistan veterans developed severe/permanent rash on face and eyes, in particular anyone from TFK R3 or the Kandahar TAT...

Yes, and it was caused by the sunlight and wind along with the dust hitting my face.  The only way to keep it from happening is to wear sunblock and keep your face covered.  If you already have it you can get it treated at any spa.  It's not cheap and can be a little painful (think someone poking your face with pins) but I've seen the results.  I'm going through treatment right now.  Just had a session today as a matter of fact.

If you're looking to get a claim out of it good luck.  Having a red face does not prevent one from doing their job.
Stop assuming I'm a man!

Don't know how long I want to keep playing this game...

Offline Nerf herder

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • The usual suspect.
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 16:20:06 »

Only the troops in KAF.

MSG / PBSG / FW / FF / HeM / Gundy troops are GTG!
Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who kept their swords.--Ben Franklin

"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion."
    -Norman Schwartzkopf

Offline NinerSix

is getting the itch to deploy.

• Has been
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Retired!
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 16:22:35 »
No one from the MP Coy AFAIK.
The process is not the mission.

Offline ArmySailor

• :D
  • Rate Post
  • Living for the good times....
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, 03:25:05 »
I was with TF - Tim Hortons ( ::)) and I came home with a red face. I'm heading to the spa tommrow to see what they can do for me :)

Offline CanadianTire

• Rate Post
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 09:55:33 »
I've noticed my face tends to be a bit more ruddy, but its nothing I'm worried about. There's no irritation or anything like that. Mind you...I did have a tan from when I got to KAF until the winter after I got home.
"Theirs not to reason why/Theirs but to do and die." - Tennyson