• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Recent content by medicineman

  1. medicineman

    Navy Badges on Army / Air Force DEUs

    Thanks
  2. medicineman

    Navy Badges on Army / Air Force DEUs

    I don't know how many times I'd heard this very thing in Command CPO/CWO meetings of putting people in for the MSM/MSC/MMM that weren't Senior NCO's or Officers...in fact, this was a direction coming from NDHQ, yet it seemed the goal posts for those awards were always different for a "normal...
  3. medicineman

    Funny Pix & Video Thread

    https://www.facebook.com/share/r/14nT4CT6zVx/?mibextid=wwXIfr
  4. medicineman

    India building 70mm rockets and missiles

    The layout I saw had rocket pods and I want to say there was a gun pod...the Strikemaster has/had 7.62mm GPMG's internal and could put gun pods on the hardpoints. I remember reading an account of how those guns helped save an SAS detatchment in a little town in Oman in the 70's.
  5. medicineman

    India building 70mm rockets and missiles

    I remember many years ago seeing a Tutor in CAF livery with the full weapons suite laid out like for a kit inspection - was I. believe, to be based off the BAC Strikemaster or the Cessna A-37 Dragonfly...or they were based off the Tutor 🤷‍♂️ .
  6. medicineman

    India building 70mm rockets and missiles

    Use the retiring Snowbird Tutors
  7. medicineman

    Harry and Meghan step down as senior royals

    Makes sense, most of the stuff I'd seen had been US...the main issues being the choppers having to land in areas with tight nets of high voltage lines and such with minimal night vision equipment. I kind of laugh at the "Trauma Flight" folks in Island Lake - didn't take them much not to fly...
  8. medicineman

    Harry and Meghan step down as senior royals

    Did that after a SAREX in '98 IIRC - which was made all the more somber (and drunker) by the fact that a SAR Labrador out of Greenwood crashed in Gaspe, killing the whole crew. I seem to recall there was a time when being a medevac crew in North America was considered one of the top 10 most...
  9. medicineman

    Bariatric emergencies

    Pretty sure they do, just never actually seen one identified as such.
  10. medicineman

    Bariatric emergencies

    I remember helping transfer a patient from KGH to the airport when doing routine ride alongs with Kingston EMS - didn't have bariatric stretchers then (around 1999/2000 IIRC) and the security straps wouldn't stretch - I basically secured the patient to the airevac cot and ambulance stretcher...
  11. medicineman

    Bariatric emergencies

    That they are...because of the difficulty transporting them emergently. If they're in need of ALS care or greater, an ALS paramedic or critical care RT goes as medical escort.
  12. medicineman

    Bariatric emergencies

    Bariatric = Mr Creosote/disc popping...Barometric=ear popping The pink "Technical Transport Unit" , so as not to advertise it's a bariatric patient. I thought when I first saw that rig it was the paediatric/neonatal critical care transport unit.
  13. medicineman

    Get the basics right - like ERs staying open & ambulances arriving on time

    Was $350 when I was in Portage la Prairie in 2011...without the mileage tacked on.
  14. medicineman

    Get the basics right - like ERs staying open & ambulances arriving on time

    They're frequent visitors to YWG...the bird parks often near one of the air ambulance carriers at my end of the airport.
  15. medicineman

    Get the basics right - like ERs staying open & ambulances arriving on time

    More often than not, if you go to LotWH in Kenora, if you need specialist care urgently, you go to Winnipeg - it's the nearest cath lab, stroke centre and trauma surgery facility, as well as pediatric and ICU care...
Back
Top