• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Search results

  1. Harris

    Army Reserve Restructuring

    Ack all, but apparently things are not the same in all Brigades apparently (Shocker I know). I can only speak to my former Brigade 36 CBG, but the policies you talk about were/are different here: Pay is allocated based on the effective strength at a unit which was calculated by taking that...
  2. Harris

    Army Reserve Restructuring

    I'm not saying I agree with that. I'm saying the CoC wants a large number of troops on paper. Whether they are TES seems to be a non-requirement due to numbers dropping. Yes there is a training funnell currently, but there is also lack of will at senior levels. For example we (Former 5XX)...
  3. Harris

    Army Reserve Restructuring

    That is the crux. According to the Army G1 shop we have 22,570 reservists of which only 10,325 are trained effective strength. That's only 45%. The problem I see is no one wants to enforce a trg standard because the numbers will drop. A high non-trained number total is better then a low...
  4. Harris

    Too old for combat trade?

    IMO, you are borderline on suitability as you currently are (given the limited information). Combat Arms are typically a young man's game and Basic can be tough for some. But. You can likely do this if you put the effort in. Others here may have some additional/better suggestions, but I would...
  5. Harris

    Upholder/Victoria Class 3D Printed Sub model

    How much filament did that take? And is the file available for free?
  6. Harris

    Informing the Army’s Future Structure - CAMO Discussion

    The locations of elms (at least as of last week) are: Battle School HQ - D201 4th Floor. Along with 2 Div pers, Sustainment Div pers, HS, PA, Int, lay back org (for the next year), and apparently a small slice of Navy pers. A Coy (36 CBG) - 2x Class B Pl: Sydney and Halifax, 2x Class A Pl...
  7. Harris

    Informing the Army’s Future Structure - CAMO Discussion

    That was the ceremonial stand down. Actual TOCA isn't until the 9th Sept. Most of the senior staff are/have moved on this month. There will be a "rear party" team that is keeping the lights on with all HQ pers either being posted, finding new jobs, or laid off/contract not renewed between now...
  8. Harris

    3 VP CO & RSM relieved of duty

    I wonder if the "Pass the Globe and Mail test" had anything to do with it?
  9. Harris

    The WTF News Files

    Any satan worshippers out there? Hamtramck City Council passes religious animal slaughter ordinance https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/wayne/2023/01/11/hamtramck-city-council-approves-religious-animal-sacrifices-slaughter-home/69797191007/
  10. Harris

    Tent City

    Definitely way better than many reservists get for BMQ. A cot off in the corner of the drill hall. If your lucky it might even have a shower.
  11. Harris

    The Great Gun Control Debate- 2.0

    So <10 in Nanuvut? How do they not know the actual number? Isn't this a computer based system? Or at least shouldn't they know exactly what the number currently is? I wonder if the real number is 0?
  12. Harris

    Boomers, Gen-X, Millennials and Gen-Alpha Politics Split from The vibe shift, end of "wokeness"?]

    I read an article a while ago (I don't remember the name), but it talked about these things and also made the point that while home prices relative to income have increased, society too has changed. How many people are regularly buying $10 starbucks every day? (I admit, I get TIms every day...
  13. Harris

    The Great Gun Control Debate- 2.0

    Interesting point. So of the 25 turned in, he was 2-3 of those. So not even 25 different people participated. I wonder how many people vice firearms participated?
  14. Harris

    Army Reserve Restructuring

    So have the Messes and Unit short hallways GTG? :cool:
  15. Harris

    2026 US-Denmark Tensions/End of NATO

    I'll be there with you, but from Middle Sackville.
  16. Harris

    Army Reserve Restructuring

    Isn't that what the "combat bus" is for. (Sarcasm)
  17. Harris

    Army Reserve Restructuring

    Yes it was reversed after I handed over command as the person who implemented it as a Maj (after convincing the Bde Comd it was a great deal) became the CO of one of the Units that had to live with it. Surprise, she thought it was great when it wasn't her problem, but apparently it sucked when...
  18. Harris

    Army Reserve Restructuring

    As CO of the Halifax Rifles, I had 0 clerks or OR of any type. The OR was centralized for 3 units and I was not the CO of the OR. The Unit that was in charge chose a 2Lt to "command" it. It was an abject failure. I complained when I took over to no avail.
  19. Harris

    "Even top generals are looking to AI chatbots for answers"

    Oh ye of little faith, "Digital Sovereignty" will sort all of that out for us.....eventually. Just ask the cohere team.
  20. Harris

    SWIPE SYSTEM

    There are definitely those on here with more experience/knowledge than I, but your story has a few holes they will need filled in so I'll start that process. 1. Just to confirm, you are being released 5D from the CAF and you are/were at CFLRS taking recruit training? 2. You talk about...
Back
Top