• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Search results

  1. Harris

    Domestic Terrorism/Public Attacks on CAF Personnel

    Actually it is closer to 2 in 5 as per Employment and Social Development Canada: http://well-being.esdc.gc.ca/misme-iowb/[email protected]?iid=76 See what I did there?  Disagreed with you and provided proof.  You should do the same sometime.
  2. Harris

    SYR Refugees to Canada (split fm SYR refugees thread)

    Camp Argonaut in Gagetown has three nearly new accommodation buildings that hold 300+ each.
  3. Harris

    Non-Effective Strength (NES): Minimum Attendance

    Not quite true.  I am on a BOI right now for a Cpl who was released 5f late 1990s from Cornwallis.  Was re-enrolled into the regular force 7 years ago.  Only required a waiver from the CDS's office.  No other hoops to jump through other than the "normal" stuff.
  4. Harris

    questions about officer duties, and pay grade

    Seriously?  All your questions have been answered a lot on these boards. Please use the search. Quick and dirty answers: 1.  Depending on Rank and trade you could have anywhere from none to ~10 direct reports.  Also depending on rank you could have none to thousands working FOR you.  Pro tip...
  5. Harris

    General CFRC Questions – Regular Forces

    BMOQ is offered on weekends, but your trade crse(s) are not.  You will still need to take training during the summer (time dependant on trade). I'm not in the units in Toronto, but my understanding is that they only get a very few jump spots a year.  Who gets to go is/should be based on merit...
  6. Harris

    recruiting system inept - Report by Christie Blatchford

    I've never seen recruiters from Halifax recruiting center anywhere near my armouries (Annapolis Valley/South Shore).  The only recruiters I do see are the Brigade funded ones and my own Class B guy supplemented by the Class A folks I pay for out of my training budget. The Halifax staff at the...
  7. Harris

    All Things Vegetarian/Vegan (merged)

    You've summed up my intent 100%.  I couldn't find a sarcasm smiley for that line in my post. Everyone needs to do their fair share of the work.  If you can't do that because you have some objection to food, light, or some other issue, then please reconsider your prospects with the CAF. ...
  8. Harris

    All Things Vegetarian/Vegan (merged)

    OK, I wanted to resist, but I cannot. First off are you vegan, or not?  Your quote above seems to imply you are vegan sometimes, but if that makes eating too hard, then you "give in", and eat non-vegan items.  Isn't that like saying your, "kind of pregnant"?  I admit, I don't see what the big...
  9. Harris

    Divining the right role, capabilities, structure, and Regimental System for Canada's Army Reserves

    We normally do at least one per year on public lands.  As mentioned above it is a lot of work.  One exercise involved over 200 land clearance forms be signed. (We learned not to do that again).
  10. Harris

    Divining the right role, capabilities, structure, and Regimental System for Canada's Army Reserves

    Totally agree.  In my Unit, nearly all of my leadership staff work Class B in Aldershot and volunteer with the Unit.  For example, OC A, CSM A, all 3 Pl WO's, and all my Sect Comd less two, and up until last year myself were filling at least two roles.  The Unit has had only 3 officers make it...
  11. Harris

    Airfield defence role for PRes? (From: "Re-Royalization")

    Don't get me wrong, if a re-role is necessary, I'm good with it.  What I fear is that if we can't even get the basics right equipment wise, how would making a Unit re-role help?  Still not likely to get the proper equipment.
  12. Harris

    Airfield defence role for PRes? (From: "Re-Royalization")

    Before we look at giving Pres Units another role, how about we sort out the basics first?  For example there are no C6's in Newfoundland.  None.
  13. Harris

    Improved Combat Uniform

    If you think you have it rough now, wait until your Units troops are in three different color t-shirts.  The SSM will likely have to put in for stress leave.
  14. Harris

    Injured on Class A Duty - Compensation and Benefits

    Reserve Froce Compensation Claim is what you need to submit as per http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/caf-community-benefits-ill-injured-deceased/guide.page: Reserve Force - Compensation During a Period of Injury, Disease or Illness (RFC) References Compensation and Benefit Instructions (CBI) 210.72...
  15. Harris

    Which board would be best for question about a military phrase?

    Canadians call the first part of a fighting trench system a shell scrape, which is the first stage in creating a slit trench.
  16. Harris

    Posting Policy-Restricted (IR) & Prohibited moves [MERGED]

    I believe that the issue is actually that the OP has proof and wants to "show" it but his instructors are telling him that he is not allowed to.
  17. Harris

    Total amount that Reservists make in a year

    Agreed with everything above.  For example in my Unit I've got soldiers who have worked 12 days or so, and a couple who are available for everything who just broke 100 class A days.  Depending on what courses you take in the summer or what staff position you get, you could easily tack on another...
  18. Harris

    Trailer for "Weekend Warriors" a new TV sitcom about Canada's part-time soliders

    Here's an interview of one of the "soldiers".  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpO-VC1kqkc  Very funny.
  19. Harris

    Mess dues preauthorized withdrawals

    Not sure how other locations do it, but I have personally seen cheques from CFB Greenwood, submitted to the Unit Mess for deposit, with an attached list of names printed onto the cheque stub(s).
  20. Harris

    Mess dues preauthorized withdrawals

    I can state 100% that this has not been implemented at Camp Aldershot in NS.  We signed a form that has our mess dues come off our pay twice a month years ago.
Back
Top