• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Search results

  1. Harris

    Federal Government & Union spar over returning to office

    Yep. I worked there at Carling just before the final curtain. I was with the IT security group at the time. We told our bosses it was a bad idea having tons of Chinese students working there, and all of the Chinese "delegations" touring, but the Chinese were throwing $ around like they were...
  2. Harris

    Benefits for Army Class A Reserve Officers

    So non-Duty travel is still a thing. The site I listed above has all the details. I used it a couple of times but be aware, depending on that is going on, you may have to pay for a commercial flight if you get bumped at the last minute. DAOD 2016-0 lays out who can travel and who must...
  3. Harris

    Benefits for Army Class A Reserve Officers

    Hey, I'll try to answer your questions to the best of my ability and I welcome anyone with more knowledge than me to correct. If we're talking about Officers (or any Reservist in fact) on Class A service then the answers are: 1. No Medical benefits while not on duty. So if you fall of the...
  4. Harris

    COURSE UPDATES - Armor

    I would suggest that your first action should be to contact your Unit and ask about possible upcoming courses. That being said, the summer is winding down now so it is unlikely you will be offered a course soon. I'm assuming your a reservist, so your Unit should be in touch soon with a date to...
  5. Harris

    32nd Brigade Strength?

    We don't number Units in Canada the same as in other countries. So there isn't a 32nd Brigade, there is however a 32 CBG (Thirty Two Canadian Brigade Group) as listed in one of the links above. Your best course of action is to select three trades that interest you in order of priority, see if...
  6. Harris

    Sunglasses

    Well obviously if you have your toque on, you also have gloves on to pick up the badger.
  7. Harris

    Sunglasses

    No eyepro?!?!? :eek: I hope you at least have gloves on.....
  8. Harris

    PRes to CIC for Medical Reasons

    The three links below lay out the regulations around Cadet Organizations Administration and Training Service (COATS) (No longer CIC) enrolment. There is still a requirement to meet, but it is much lower. As I'm not a Dr., nor do I play one on the Internet :sneaky:, You best bet is to read the...
  9. Harris

    Reconstitution

    Not great where I'm at. Lots of pers, both uniformed and not, who are on various accommodations. Many work less than 3 days a week if that. OT "Work from Home" yet never answer Teams or respond to emails for days. I am seeing another trend as well. More and more "Uniformed" jobs are being...
  10. Harris

    New accommodations facility at CFB Esquimalt and plan to build more homes on military bases

    While I like your idea, I see some pitfalls: 1. What is the criteria for being allowed to rent one? ie. So many days attendance a month? Valid Force test? Green on ARV? etc...? You can't just allow reservists to rent them as you'll get people joining to get a place and never showing up (or...
  11. Harris

    Reconstitution

    I can assure you that in 5XX at least, there has not been any reconstitution activities taking place (or not taking place as it were). As a matter of fact, our tempo has actually increased. Sure we cancelled a few gun salutes, but overall, there is still way more work than people to do it...
  12. Harris

    Funny Pix & Video Thread

    Here you go: https://www.amazon.ca/Handbook-Explosives-Farmers-Planters-Ranchers/dp/0282515097
  13. Harris

    LGBTQ Stuff (split from other political threads)

    From what I see, it's not the middle-of-the-road types that care. It's the attention whores and holier than thou types that just seem to like to rile things up just because. The first group don't bother me (I will admit I used to be bothered, but life's too short to get riled up about others...
  14. Harris

    Soldiers Banned From Military/Veterans Themed Motorcycle Groups or Events?

    Each of the Divs was directed to produce an alcohol policy. AFAIK each Div may be different.
  15. Harris

    Type 31 for Canada?

    Ack all, but do you honestly think all 3000 will go towards new platforms? We'll still be losing people that need to be backfilled. Where I work, we don't care about retention yet. It's all about recruiting. The questions I get today is how is recruiting going, not how are we retaining pers...
  16. Harris

    Attempted assassination of Donald Trump 13 July 2024

    Maybe he was prepared for an eclipse?
  17. Harris

    Indigenous self-ID/"Pretendians" (merged thread)

    Can I have an autograph?
  18. Harris

    The "Did Minister Sajjan 'Order' Sikh's To Be Airlifted?" Merged Thread

    Ha, tell that to the QM pers that pick up lunch and supper box lunches at breakfast for the drive home from Gagetown after a CT Ex. (As one of many examples). I know your correct in the 4 hour thing, but I rarely ever saw it happen.
  19. Harris

    Current Dress Regs

    Rifles Units, Various fancy hats across the country, Bands to add a few more.
  20. Harris

    Hamas invaded Israel 2023 Megathread

    So, in your opinion, would that be worse than kidnapping people and raping and killing them in cold blood? Not saying I condone what was done to that house, but if you fly the symbols of an organization that has a large contingent that does bad things to people, you have to somewhat expect...
Back
Top