• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Search results

  1. Harris

    Leasing a Car

    I'll second that.  I recently bought a 2015 Dodge Journey Crossroad edition (so all the bell and whistles) that would have been $40k off the lot last year for 26k this year.  In great shape with 20k km on it.  I know your budget is lower than that but check autotrader for some price indicators...
  2. Harris

    BMQ Regular Force 2005 - 2017 [Merged]

    And don't forget the single red rose for the Commandant's wife.  She will then be on your side if you have issues on course.
  3. Harris

    Using POMV to fulfill you job requirement

    Just to make it clear to the OP you are responsible to get yourself to your work place and that is it.  (Bus, POMV, walk etc...)  Once you are at your workplace it is the employers responsibility to get you around if required (unless of course the terms of your hiring involved having your own...
  4. Harris

    Army mess dress jacket white only for officers?

    It's Australian, but you get the picture.  http://www.blacktieguide.com/Supplemental/Military/defence_gov_au-army-collage.jpg
  5. Harris

    AB Wildfires 2016: Def Min Asked for Help

    Warning: Operation Honour violation in progress.  You may be offended. Didn't see this anywhere else, but I'm told this will likely not go well for the airperson (?) involved.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eemin7DNvYg
  6. Harris

    CAF Combat boots policy 2005-2018

    Received my first pair of LOTB Thur.  Refused the zippered version and received the other style. First issue - The mondo point size I'm supposed to wear doesn't fit.  In fact the opening to insert my foot is too small for me to do so due to high arches.  The supply pers said that that was...
  7. Harris

    Summary Trial Question & Discussion

    Just so it's clear, as I understand it whether the charge is electable or not can result in one of four outcomes: a.  less than a year has passed and the charge is not electable the soldier goes to ST; b.  less than a year has passed and the charge is electable the soldier picks his poison; c. ...
  8. Harris

    Summary Trial Question & Discussion

    Unfortunately the MPs and their system dealing with MP reports frequently cause delay which results in something that could have been handled by a ST, going to CM.  I have routinely received MP reports 8 or more months after the incident happened.  One time at band camp the MP report didn't show...
  9. Harris

    All things CF98 (merged)

    Some suggestions in order of preference (Ignore those you have already tried)  Document everything and don't take no for an answer: 1.  Ask your CoC, Pl WO, Pl Comd or equivalent and have them ask higher for it.  (Including CSM and/or OC) 2.  Ask to have an appt with the Chief Clerk and ask...
  10. Harris

    Armed Forces Consider incentives to keep soldiers fit

    And PSP is exempt from this?  Oh I get it, they have no friends.  [Xp
  11. Harris

    Armed Forces Consider incentives to keep soldiers fit

    Interesting.  I wonder who ordered that?  I just did mine today with my Unit Qual guy (one of three).  They do everyone in the Unit and for many other pers on Camp as well.  No PSP in sight.
  12. Harris

    Armed Forces Consider incentives to keep soldiers fit

    Glad it's a Reg force thing.  [:D  Merit points mean nothing to a reservist.  The bag would be nice though.
  13. Harris

    The Defence Budget [superthread]

    "we remain committed to our commitments." - What the heck does that mean?
  14. Harris

    Posting everything on social.....bragging and seeking likes

    OPCOUGAR, Is there anything you are happy about in life?  I don't recall any of your posts on here that aren't you ranting about something.  A favorite saying around my home is, "If you can't say anything nice, shut up." Seriously, I challenge you to tell us about something positive that has...
  15. Harris

    Cosplay costume, really?

    Cheap way to get Mess Kit I guess.  >:D
  16. Harris

    Divining the right role, capabilities, structure, and Regimental System for Canada's Army Reserves

    Before we decide what training the reserves do, shouldn't we determine what mission we have first?  As far as I see we currently have none.  Based on some of the comments upthread, we don't even have a standardized training regimen within Divs, not alone across the country.  For example I ran...
  17. Harris

    Divining the right role, capabilities, structure, and Regimental System for Canada's Army Reserves

    An example of the problem: For 5 Div "ARCON" in Aug the Div Comd has asked for 2 RCR (and others) to support the trg.  Apparently this received a yes from 4 Div Comd.  So far so good. I attend the IPC and I see things fall apart as follows: 5 Div wants 2 RCR to basically run a giant gun camp...
  18. Harris

    The Trudeau Liberals 2016 Tax Plans

    Recceguy for Prime Minister.
  19. Harris

    Redress of Grievance – Mega thread [MERGED]

    Actually, I've seen plenty of redresses asking for a position someone didn't get.  In all of the successful cases one of two things happened: 1. The member was given the position he applied for and the person who originally got it was removed; or 2. The member was "found" as similar position for...
Back
Top