• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Search results

  1. G

    Continental Defence Corvette

    That's an ambush hunter's terrain of choice.. Small coastal submarines,fast attack craft , mine layers , naval infantry armed with missiles .something alongthe lines of the CB 90. Drones..yes what a wonderful hunting ground that map shows.
  2. G

    Continental Defence Corvette

    They have two things going for them . One they go really, really fast, they look absolutely bad ass just standing still. As recruiting tool for young people what's not to love . Besides Coastal Forces tend to attract young people with a slightly feral and buccaneering sort of...
  3. G

    CAN-USA Tariff Strife (split from various pol threads)

    Well at least we now know what the going rate is . The real question is is there any sort of tax advantage to leasing a President as opposed to buying one ?
  4. G

    CMMA - replacing the CP140 Aurora

    The way Canadian procurement works or so I was told. Is that a project office studies an issue and determines how many widgets, warships or tanks the military requires to do the job understand the bare minimum. And they cut a little more . It goes up the Department food chain and gets...
  5. G

    Trump administration 2024-2028

    The Trump administration seems to be of the opinion that there's not much point in being in government if you can't hurt people.
  6. G

    Trump administration 2024-2028

    If Im not mistaken there are at least one or more Prison Barges in US in the United States. Riker's Island in New York state comes to mind.
  7. G

    CMMA - replacing the CP140 Aurora

    It is the curse of Canadian Defence procurement . We tend to not only purchase less then absolute minimum but most often will cut those purchases to even smaller levels . It's small wonder that our operatiing costs tend to exceed those of our allies operatiing similar equipment.
  8. G

    Canada opens new residency paths for military recruits, other workers

    Yeah , but where does Carney stand on alien space lizards ? Everybody know they're the real threat !
  9. G

    Liberal (Minority/Majority) Government 2025 - ???

    Truly ,this the end of Civilization as we know it !
  10. G

    CAN-USA Tariff Strife (split from various pol threads)

    Good choice , whatever they're paying her however...it's not enough.
  11. G

    El Paso airport and airspace closed without warning for 10 days for ‘national defence’

    From what Ive been reading and hearing . It turns out that the device in question had been turned over the ....wait for it ! The Department of Homeland Security. Supposedly for testing and use against Mexican cartel drones ,which actually do exist and are a real threat (albeit minor at...
  12. G

    Trump administration 2024-2028

    Didn't they cease publishing last year 🤔?
  13. G

    Indirect Fires Modernization Project - C3/M777 Replacement

    We also have to relearn the concept of time as near as I can tell currently CF when it comes to deployments Immediately seem to be a fairly nebulous concept as in anytime within 6 to 8 months..
  14. G

    Naval Lessons from Ukraine/Russia

    Worked for Jack Churchill...
  15. G

    TKMS Type 212CD (Victoria class replacement megathread)

    I hate to even think it. But I suspect the Chinese might decide to err on the side of their own security and basically level any military target on the West Coast. For which I fairly sure they'll be quite apologetic. It might also be done as a warning for us to remain neutral.
  16. G

    Funny Pix & Video Thread

    Highest sales growth, staff gets a pizza party usually followed by layoffs. The scary part is I could see our head of HR doing just that....
  17. G

    Police Folk Allegedly Behaving Badly

    The few times I saw Fantino on the tube I got the feeling that he only answered to God ....or was the other way around ....hmm?
  18. G

    Continental Defence Corvette

    Actually we lost the ability to design in house just after we completed the 280's. And to be honest I suspect a fair bit of the City class design probably went out of country.
  19. G

    2026 US-Denmark Tensions/End of NATO

    For the first time in my life, I am actually hoping that a politican is lying through his teeth.
  20. G

    Army Reserve Restructuring

    I can still the Jr . Ranks was where I purchased my first beer or at least semi legal beer. It's funny for the longest time I still couldn't believe that on top of all this funstuff they were actually paying me !
Back
Top