Vehicles are already troubleshooting nightmares with the ungodly amount of electronics
That being said the only other vehicle sensors that I could see linking in is the Thermal drivers aids not exactly aimed in a useful direction. As for receiving data from other sources I feel like the "ping"...
So not really a practical solution for our current vehicles already equipped with the rs4.
The acsv when equipped with the rws must be operated hatches down. (You really shouldn't be shooting over your own head with the hatch open) This mean's you wont be able to realistically notice loitering...
I'm curious how this setup functions.
Do you put it on detect mode and it just scans continuously? Do you have to manually target off that?
Anyone have details?
Any AD folks here?
That's some serious change in requirements. My black hatted soul loves it.
Tbh I think we'll need the reserve weight/power capacity for an effective APS system mounted to every Frontline combat vehicle.
There's been lots of work on cognitive load and afv crews. If you want a vehicle that can effectively conduct defensive or offensive ops you need 3 crew: driver, Gunner and commander.
Automated defensive aids(APS and automated smoke launchers) may be able to at least give some survivability to...
There are design considerations that can assist with maintenance.
I agree procurement of simpler vehicles overall is not likely. However if we become embroiled in MCO we will not be able to produce the same vehicles we are currently using in time to maintain the vehicle consumption.
Relatively...
Can only speak on LdSH(RC)
Edmonton is a good city but the tempo is high. You will most likely get a deployment to Latvia as a Troop leader. If you want to be on a tank you must go there...for now.
Long term deployment prospects let's dig out our crystal balls...hmmm looks like a bde with the...
Not saying it's a good option with all the variables considered just speaking to personal bias and tastes. They do see a fair bit of use in the mining sector in this country which is notoriously hard on equipment.
Honestly the Milcot (aside from bizzaro electrical issues) has done stellar...
Compared to BAE, GD, KNDS and Rheinmetall it is a small company with barely 1 billion euros in revenue.
Clean sheet is just A new purpose-designed vehicle from scratch, as opposed to adapting or modifying an already completed design. A clean sheet has higher development risk as opposed to the...
I bring them up as an example of a clean sheet design by a "smaller" defense company. Though I'm not sure you can call the roshel clean sheet with the COTS recycling.
I'll have to look it up but there was a northern European nation that purchase a tranche of them sub 1mil in euros.
What's your...
The US used iterative procurement for the ISV. Though too late for this project this is what should be used for "consumable" projects.
I'm going off on a tangent however.
I am afraid we'll end up with a mrap only suitable for hardpack that's not very user friendly.
I don't think that you understand where I'm coming from. I'm all for a domestic design that fills the role and gives good value for the taxpayer dollar. The gwagon is worn out and was pushed into roles it really had no business doing.
Now I don't know the cost per unit...but to compare the...
The cage on the gwagon is the worst...but the senator doesnt even have a radio rack installed. So It's going to have something similar. They are very apples and oranges. Hiding this MRAP is going to be much more difficult then the little gwagon and require a lot more pers with Cam nets etc...
Like I'm no systems engineer and definitly no artist but shouldnt controls be recessed or have guards so when I jump into this tghing with my rifle I dont break the controls?
It would cost very little top add little metal bars to protect these pieces from getting damaged.
but yeah my rifle is...
I'd hate to be in logistics in Poland
That country seems to buy some new equipment every time they get more room on their Canex plan European Union loan ceiling and its whatevers in stock at the moment.
Are APS systems needed for C-UAS? Yes of course.
Do these exercises also give the drone team too much credit? Also yes. I've seen it on several Exs now. There is an OCT embedded with these crews that "destroy" ground vehicles then reset and 10 min later they're "destroying" more vehicles with...
Projectile too small for this capability to be feasible
Haveing the DRWS being a subcontracted part of the TAPV was a big oversight. That being said the small ammo capacity and bigger logistical burden of the .50 doesnt leave me convinced its the right play.
I've used both systems and the...
The MRAP apparently.
Ever done an exercise in a rental while wearing FFO?
Civilian vehicles aren't designed to be operated with all that gear. The G-Wagon isn't amazing but you don't destroy the dash getting in and out.
I got to see the Roshel Senator at the Nat War Museum a couple weeks ago and it was quite crude in comparison to other military vehicles.
For example the spare tire mount was just 3 wheel studs aprox 6' up on the side. Now not as bad as the TAPVs solution tbf but still not user friendly at all...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.