There are no Rotary Wing SAR ACSOs.
Anecdotally, the FW SAR job for ACSOs is a bit thin.
The majority of ACSOs are doing ASW in either LRP or MH. LRP has better hotels, but the job is probably more varied and requires more physical fitness to do MH. Really comes down to would you rather fly...
Please read the Aeronautics Act. Especially article 4.31. And the meaning of Minister under “interpretation”. I never argued DND was under TC for airworthiness. The Act delegates that to the MND.
https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/ACTS/A-2/page-2.html#docCont
As for how the new AME trained...
A couple things:
The conversion training thing (type courses) is already causing some issues as the fleets wrestle with how to type qualify someone who is not an AVN or AVS Tech. The simple solution is couple week course to show them how the tech manuals and record keeping works (all fleets...
My understanding (possibly incorrect) is that the RCAF is providing the AME training to all future air techs, but the AME accreditation is on the individual. Since we (DND) own our own Airworthiness, we can “accredit” any way we want to.
This would not be much different than pilots challenging...
Remember that the White House just this week warned Canada to not interfere in the US mid-terms.
Seems that anytime they make warnings, it is a tell….
So, what does Canada intend on doing about it? I could have told anyone who cared to listen, months ago, that Alberta Separation was code for...
Some of the professional HR (or lack there of) criticism is warranted.
However, I would also point out that a pure Civ HR solution to the CAF is no panacea as many of the Military’s HR challenges just are not replicable in the Civilian world (ie, an actual functioning casualty replacement...
I think you are overthinking this.
I have watched vehicle techs paint vehicles. Lets just say the official colour scheme was a “guideline”. And then once the vehicle sat in the weather for a while or got introduced to Gagetown mud, the colours would change again.
TL;DR- no two army vehicles...
I think I see the problem, now.
In your mind, do you see CF-18s today flying “patrols” anywhere in or around Canada?
I can assure you most emphatically that fighters do not sovereignty patrol anything, ever. They launch when a potential threat is detected. Therefore, FLIT aircraft would be...
No, that is just standard 5/4. I think.
The Blowpipe SEV kit had a box on the bed of the truck that held 8 missiles. Plus a bunch of brackets and tiedown points for the aiming unit case, lantern, stove, shovel, axe, etc, etc…
I am not even sure where to start with this post.
The Jet A1 bit alone has left me near speechless. And it betrays that you do not have any experience in a military aviation milieu.
The F35 may or may not be exactly what Canada needs in a fighter. The problem is: it won the competition. And...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.