
No, that is just standard 5/4. I think.
We used both systems quite a lot; just from the 5/4.Oh interesting I thought the Javelin or Blowpipe was used inside the M113 from the air sentry hatch, we didn't really use either system all that much?
I think you are overthinking this.Or were AVGP best represented in NATO 3 color?
thats a good point actually, i was just curious because the AVGP seems to be the only vehicle represented in a different color scheme than Canada 3 color or NATO 3 color, im waiting on my RC M113 to get here so im just trying to paint my 1/35 Cougar and Husky to get some practice inI think you are overthinking this.
I have watched vehicle techs paint vehicles. Lets just say the official colour scheme was a “guideline”. And then once the vehicle sat in the weather for a while or got introduced to Gagetown mud, the colours would change again.
TL;DR- no two army vehicles ever looked the same.
The only time our vehicles looked correct was when they came out of 202 workshop. The introduction of IR reducing paint, made it much harder to upkeep vehicle appearances and very few units had airsprayers (We had access to one because our REME guy was a civilian mechanic and military vehicle collector (owned a Damilar scout car)i was also reading that we didnt start airbrushing our vehicles until the mid 80s, and brush painting would also be acceptable (i dont own an air brush yet sadly)
Thats actually pretty cool, I was trying to buy an LSVW a while back to make a camper withThe only time our vehicles looked correct was when they came out of 202 workshop. The introduction of IR reducing paint, made it much harder to upkeep vehicle appearances and very few units had airsprayers (We had access to one because our REME guy was a civilian mechanic and military vehicle collector (owned a Damilar scout car)
just how badly do you hate yourself?Thats actually pretty cool, I was trying to buy an LSVW a while back to make a camper with