• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

1, 2, 3 RCR

Michael O'Leary said:
How do I get a copy for the regimental journal?    >:D

I believe you mis-spelled the word. ???  I think it's spelled b-l-a-c-k-m-a-i-l 

Blackmail. Ensuring postings of choice for hundreds of years!
Now back to your regularly scheduled thread.  ;D

Yeoman said:
I heard about the whole '2mech and 1light' when I showed up to the regs three years ago ...
Interesting.  I had heard this was only announced at Army Council early last fall.  Maybe this was an RCR or 2 CMBG idea that has finally migrated its way to the top.

must have been *shrugs*
I recall hearing about it when I was in Dukes Coy back in 04.

Yeoman I think your confusing the LAV shortage after we sent a large amount of the fleet to Wainwright and how the mech Bn's were told to rotate a Light Coy amongst the Bn to compensate with the new Army directive that all Bn's will be 2 Mech Coy's and 1 Light. In 04 as you say it was a stop gap measure to compensate in the Mech Bn's for a LAV shortage, the Light Bn's were not affected in anyway. Where as Now in essence there are no Light Bn's just Light Coy's and the 3rd Bn's retaining the Para capability.

*shrugs*
hey I don't get how you remember stuff like that man. I just recall 1RCR was going into that direction back then. Then again, I wasn't exactly in the best mindset back then either. Thanks for the clearning up of that. My bad then.

*laughs*

Man it's my job to remember stuff like that, to tell you what happened in your life :D

In all seriousness I am pretty sure that is what you were talking about. The Army Directive is new and affects all aspects of the Infantry whereas that quick stop gap measure was CLS driven and just effected the Mech Bn's after CMTC raped our LAV fleet.

and that's why you'll be an old crusty bitter RSM in 20 years, and I'll be an old, lost, bitter Cpl. CFL!

Back