• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

1/35 MEWT Bison

Thanks, lead wire worked like a charm for the genny fuel hoses!

Two shots this morning, some new parts mounted;

SF8cQ.jpg

Muffler mounted, smoke launchers (rear of hull) mounted - both were scratch build parts as I couldn't find suitable ones in any kit.

tcODZ.jpg

C6 mounted w/ ammo box on the crew commander's hatch, tow strap attached to clavicle under the front hull and stowed above winch assembly. I want to take a second crack at the cam net, so hopefully in the next few days I will have a new one - the current one isn't quite stretchy enough to allow it to open all the way so I'll have to come up with a new pattern for the plotter to cut that hopefully alleviates that problem.

Still puttering away on this;

J7HPL.jpg

Crew painted along with the "terp" figure. Mounted the vehicle on it's display base and have been doing some work on the front hull to finish the mirror mounting assembly, as well as the wiring on top for some of the EW gear.

All that is left is two antennas and some mounts, then wire the main mast and it's done!

Going to build a nice base for this and then some plexiglass to go over top.

Holy moon dust! Looks great. Make sure you get that black jerry can by the wheel. And make sure you get some "moon dust" on the figures arse cracks too.

Macey said:
... And make sure you get some "moon dust" on the figures arse cracks too.

Here ya go!

Detail painting on figures finished; I took a week off before the "big push" to finish this to come at it with fresh eyes. This is scheduled to be on display @ the C&E Museum for 07 Aug 12 once my Unit SM approves it.

82KBB.jpg

Two operators featuring authentic "OP Athena Sandy Bums" ;)

8VH6f.jpg

And the interpretor, just chilling.... although to be authentic I might take a 1/32" drill bit to him and bore a whole in his mouth to put a cigar in...

Outstanding detail Kokanee.  Great job, the finer details and little things really makes it look realistic.

She`s done!

Here are some shots of the finished product;

7ukbZ.jpg

One of the antennas, I lathed this out of wood and here it`s pictured with a coat of white primer on it.

Here are some all around shots of the completed model;

THqyG.jpg

s4yZU.jpg

Leg9q.jpg

C5s6j.jpg

And some close up shots;

DvsQY.jpg

nO15E.jpg

Thank You to everyone here who offered advice, feedback and encouragement - nice to be finally done this build!

Might I ask what did you do for weathering? MIG Pigments.....? I got Gulf War Sand from MIG. And it looks bang on to the soil sample I have. AKA Moon dust.

@Macey: I used some vallejo pigments and some washes of paint for the weathering... Maybe I will pick up some of that MIG stuff to do a final coat before it goes under the glass.

Finally went into the museum last month;

lfkVk.jpg

Despite swearing that I was done with scale modelling; I've picked up a Trumpeter LAV III kit. Planning on adding some RealModel aftermarket kits and building it up as a companion piece to the MEWT.

Back