• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

110V outlet in Coyote

88rustang07

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi, I have a 110V converter that has negative and positive clamps on it. I was just wondering if anyone knew what the best place to hook them up would be. I hear that I could use one of the done light wires, but I was thinking that it would blow the fuse. What about the vent fan, or something less important... Before anyone attacks me about doing this, its just so I know, I will make sure to ask before tampering with anything. Thanks

You do know that you are dealing with a 24v system, not a 12v system.  I would talk to a Mech first and see what to do, or if you really understand the wiring diagram for the batteries, hook up to the posts that would give you only 12 v. 

Best advice though is to ask a Mech.

Be warned though......even they can get it wrong.

I had the Mechs wire in a Cell Phone in the Div Comd's Iltis in 1990 while in Germany.  They blew the thing up, and had to install a second one.  This time they got the wiring right.    ;D

88rustang07 said:
Hi, I have a 110V converter that has negative and positive clamps on it. I was just wondering if anyone knew what the best place to hook them up would be. I hear that I could use one of the done light wires, but I was thinking that it would blow the fuse. What about the vent fan, or something less important... Before anyone attacks me about doing this, its just so I know, I will make sure to ask before tampering with anything. Thanks

Seeing as most of the MMSS either have a converter in them next to the OCS station or are being modified to have one in the near future I'm sure your unit mechs will have the know how.

That being said, the electrics in that area are a bit finicky and are prone to problems even on a good day. Splicing directly in is not a good/ recommended thing. Try finding a spot to plug in and get a proper modified cable built so you can connect your converter properly.

Just out of curiosity, what are you planning on plugging in?

Seeing as you just got to the Regiment I wouldn't be doing anything to your Coyote that your Crew Commander/ Troop WO doesn't sign off on.

Regards

Better yet draft a service paper about putting Prosine 5000s in them....hehehehe.

Don't ask a mechanic, ask an EO Tech. Most likely you will be told that it cannot be done as this is an illegal mod to the vehicle, no matter how small.

Guys wiring in inverters is pretty common. Steroes are often seen too. Be sure to check with your crew commander first. And if you have zero mechanical knowledge go ask a veh tech to help you out. Its really quite simple, just need to get to the vehicle batteries. And be sure to run an inline fuse!

Back