• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2014 Ontario General Election

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disgusted, ashamed, and disappointed. Hope everyone has their $3400 set aside for the Liberal Pension Plan!

Recceguy I am looking your way.

;) Obama may be less than ideal but I would trust the Americans I've served with on average more than the Canadians. Michigan is basically free these days…

One further ( and, I hope, final) comment:

web-radwanski17nw1.jpg

This guy, Peter Wallace, the Secretary of the Cabinet matters at least as much as any minister except Wynne, herself.

My guess is that Wynne wants him in his role as "Doctor No" because she can manage her larger, often left leaning caucus ~ and break election promise after election promise ~ by telling them, and the voters, that it is the big bad financial wolves, not the Liberals, who are cutting jobs, freezing wages and with-holding promised money.

I cannot resist posting the Globe and Mail's Brian Gable's opinion:

webfriedcar.jpg

Source: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-debate/taking-action-for-our-veterans/article18949202/

Spectrum said:
If anyone is interested, you can get close to 50 acres and a beautiful home in certain parts of the USA for less than a townhome in your average Ontario city…

Willing to sub-divide land at a fair price for the right person ;)

Cheap beers and AR-15 practice every weekend guys!

Sounds good.  I awoke this morning thinking I was having a nightmare about the Liberals winning a majority government.  After three coffees, I am convinced I am awake and it really did happen.  This confirms my thoughts as I age that the majority of people in this province are morons.  The older I get, the stupider I think people are. 

I now suggest that we change the saying of Ontario's population centered on Toronto from "The Center of the Universe" to "The Triangle of Stupid".  Like the Bermuda Triangle anything that enters the Triangle will disappear without a trace.  OPP investigations into Gas Plant Scandal, Government emails, ORNGE, etc. will disappear into thin air.  Hard earned incomes will disappear into thin air through higher taxes, fuel costs, Hydro costs, etc.  Jobs will move to the US.  People with brains will migrate to Alberta.  Yup.  We now live in a province that prides itself as being a "Have Not Province".  THE TRIANGLE OF STUPID.

Do you have anything larger than 5.56?

E.R. Campbell said:
I agree with whisky601 (I know he misspells whisky, it's only a venal sin).

Venal?  Was he bribed?  I think you meant venial....  ;)

Thucydides said:
Well, when I'm done in the Forces, my future course is now set: Alberta or perhaps Saskatchewan.

Pity, I really like Kingston and had been thinking about this as a future home and base of operations....

My plan is not retiring in Canada. 

George Wallace said:
Sounds good.  I awoke this morning thinking I was having a nightmare about the Liberals winning a majority government.  After three coffees, I am convinced I am awake and it really did happen.  This confirms my thoughts as I age that the majority of people in this province are morons.  The older I get, the stupider I think people are. 

I now suggest that we change the saying of Ontario's population centered on Toronto from "The Center of the Universe" to "The Triangle of Stupid".  Like the Bermuda Triangle anything that enters the Triangle will disappear without a trace.  OPP investigations into Gas Plant Scandal, Government emails, ORNGE, etc. will disappear into thin air.  Hard earned incomes will disappear into thin air through higher taxes, fuel costs, Hydro costs, etc.  Jobs will move to the US.  People with brains will migrate to Alberta.  Yup.  We now live in a province that prides itself as being a "Have Not Province".  THE TRIANGLE OF STUPID.

Do you have anything larger than 5.56?

Anything for you George. If you can find something big enough to drive, I'm sure I can figure out how to make it go bang. Hopefully we can find someone else to back us up, sleeping 1 in 2 gets old fast  ;)

I was born and bred here in Ontario but sometimes you have to observe the way the wind is blowing and adjust…

Spectrum said:
Anything for you George. If you can find something big enough to drive, I'm sure I can figure out how to make it go bang. Hopefully we can find someone else to back up us up, sleeping 1 in 2 gets old fast  ;)

I was born and bred here in Ontario but sometimes you have to observe the way the wind is blowing and adjust…

In Texas you can legally buy a tank, licence it and drive it on public roads.  Sleeping on the back deck can be therapeutic ( engine heat off the deck is very comforting on an arthritic back. )  Not sure on how legal it is to have 105mm ammo, and whether you need a licence to carry  ;D , but you will not have to worry about 'Road Rage" ( the other guys would )  >:D

Any more Dvrs and Gnrs interested?

PMedMoe said:
LOL!  No.  Central America seems pretty likely.  :nod:

Moe

I have a friend who left the Regiment years ago and started up a small Computer company.  Ontario and Canadian taxes gradually caused him to downsize and downsize his small business to the state that he was working in his basement with no employees (At his peak, he had a couple locations in Pembroke and up to five employees).  He finally had enough and moved to Panama.  He is now in Columbia and loving it. 

Prepare for the next string of broken promises once the Liebrals get slapped into reality.

http://ww2.nationalpost.com/m/wp/blog.html?b=fullcomment.nationalpost.com%2F2014%2F06%2F12%2Fmatt-gurney-cheer-up-tories-wynne-will-impose-austerity-for-you-she-has-no-choice

Journeyman said:
You wouldn't be a betting man, would you?  ;)

I think you are showing admirable restraint in the face of the comments being made.  :)

Baden Guy said:
I think you are showing admirable restraint in the face of the comments being made. 
I was just commenting on the hope of ERC that the comments would end soon.  I have no doubt that this thread will go on as long as "pips & crowns."

... regardless of my thinking that the results in both topics aren't particularly good.  ;)

I find it interesting that I have not seen anything but negative comments online, and heard nothing but negative comments on Talk Radio, on the election results.  Makes one wonder.

Now I voted, and am disappointed with the results, but with the amount of negative comments, I am wondering how many of those people did not exercise their rights to vote.

George Wallace said:
I find it interesting that I have not seen anything but negative comments online, and heard nothing but negative comments on Talk Radio, on the election results.  Makes one wonder.

Now I voted, and am disappointed with the results, but with the amount of negative comments, I am wondering how many of those people did not exercise their rights to vote.
If the (still unofficial) numbers from Elections Ontario can be extrapolated to the commenters, a bit less than 1/2 didn't vote.

Well, the negative comments here could be due to you all being a bunch of grumpy old nay-sayers    :pop:

......not being upbeat, considerate, and nurturing like me.   :nod:

Journeyman said:
Well, the negative comments here could be due to you all being a bunch of grumpy old nay-sayers    :pop:

......not being upbeat, considerate, and nurturing like me.   :nod:

Just being a 'realist'; something that the Liberals don't seem to be.

I am noticing a lot of comments of people who are seriously starting to contemplate voting with their feet and moving out of Ontario. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back