• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

15 April 2013 - 2 Explosions at Finish line of Boston Marathon

"I'm pretty sure the brown pant and black jacket guys are cops."

100 % sure they were National Guard CRBNE teams.

There is a great picture of a team mbr rushing headlong into the chaos of the blast with his meter to determine if it was a dirty bomb or conventional. 

MISSION: Support civil authorities at a domestic CBRNE incident site by identifying CBRNE agents and substances, assessing current and projected consequences, advising on response measures, and assisting with appropriate requests for additional support.

TM

http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/1-dead-1-captured-profiles-of-boston-bombing-suspects-1.1246305

The tango is in critical condition.He has a story to tell,I hope he is able to tell it.

tomahawk6 said:
The tango is in critical condition.He has a story to tell,I hope he is able to tell it.

After they introduce him to the pliers and the waterboard, hopefully.

Raising a beer in the direction of the people and authorities of Boston now, out.

:cheers:

The secong and third order effects on the families of these two. I sympathize with their uncle; he seems like the sort of man who should be a respected elder or mentor. Now he will probably be hounded by media for weeks and months to come:

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/2013/04/19/boston-bombing-suspects-uncle-a-voice-of-sanity/

Christie Blatchford: Ferocious uncle of Boston bombing suspects a voice of sanity on an extraordinary day

Christie Blatchford | 13/04/19 9:15 PM ET
More from Christie Blatchford

On one of the most extraordinary days in modern American history — a great old city under lockdown, its people ordered to stay in their homes as thousands of police and military searched for the younger of two Boston Marathon bomb suspects — one man stood as a beacon of hope and clarity.

Ruslan Tsarni is the uncle of 19-year-old Dzhokar Tsarnaev and his older brother Tamerlan, 26, who was killed in a shootout with police early Friday morning.

(The 200-round shootout was hardly unprovoked, but followed the apparently coincidental robbery of a convenience store, the murder of a Massachusetts Institute of Technology police officer and a hijacking. The brothers reportedly introduced themselves to the man in that vehicle as the marathon bombers. He emerged unharmed.)

As virtually anyone on the continent with that surname (whether the anglicized version or not) was quickly hunted down by either/or both police and the unofficial investigators of the press and duly surrounded, so was Mr. Tsarni assailed outside his home in Montgomery Village, Md.

Related

‘Suspect in custody’: Police say teen wanted in Boston bombing captured
    Give up, 'ask forgiveness': Uncle's plea to Boston bombing suspect
    ‘I want proof’: Canadian aunt urges Boston Marathon bombing suspect to explain himself
    Jonathan Kay: How Chechnya's culture of terror came to the streets of Boston

Almost everywhere else one looked, from Watertown and Cambridge to Toronto and New Jersey, there was professed bewilderment (the usual tired question, how two young men, apparently welcomed into the grand American bosom, could have become bombers), denial (from the Tsarnaev parents), flourishing conspiracy theories (the parents again, but also social media).

Mr. Tsarni came out to address the cameras.

A slim, fit-looking man, he first delivered condolences to the victims of the bombing and said he shared their grief. He called the attack an atrocity, which of course it was.

He immediately disassociated himself from this wing of his family, saying there had been a split with the suspects’ father, his brother, a schism of some duration. “We’ve not been in touch for a number of years,” Mr. Tsarni snapped. “They never lived here.”

If he’d had any inkling his nephews had been radicalized, or for some other reason turned to violence, he said, he would have been “the first one to bring them into responsibility.”

He was asked if he had any idea what could have led the brothers to do something like this. Mr. Tsarni snorted, “Being losers, hatred to those who were able to settle themselves [in the United States] … just hating everyone who did.”

Had the brothers perhaps been traumatized in their native Chechnya? Did this perhaps have something to do with Islam?

He was unequivocal. Anyone who claims this had anything to do with Islam, he said, “is a fraud,” and Chechens are “different,” peaceful, and besides, the brothers had spent little if any time in Chechnya. “He put a shame on this family and entire Chechen ethnicity,” Mr. Tsarni said. “Those who were able to make this atrocity are only losers.”

He was asked if he was ashamed. “Of course we’re ashamed,” he said. “Yes, we’re ashamed.”

What would he say to Dzhokar, who might be listening?

“Dzhokar,” he replied immediately, “if you’re alive, turn yourself in and ask for forgiveness from the victims, for the injured, ask forgiveness from these people.”

He was asked for his view of America.

“I teach my children and that’s how I feel,” he said, “this is the ideal…

“I respect this country. I love this country, this country which gives chance to everybody else to be treated as a human being, to feel yourself human being. That’s what I feel about this country.”

Then he begged for privacy — “I dearly ask you to respect our property” were his words, as if that would happen — and went back into the house.

Later, the cameras spotted him as he walked to the end of his little cul-de-sac and knocked on a neighbour’s front door to apologize for having attracted the media horde.

The woman who met him there listened for a few minutes, then, thank God, embraced him.

Meanwhile, social media conspiracy theorists raged about government being behind the attacks

It is this proud, ferocious man who best exemplifies the generations of immigrants — including Muslims of course — who have built this continent.

The brothers’ mother and father, apparently back in Russia now, respectively claimed that their kids had been framed or set up.

An aunt, who lives in Toronto — heartening to know that there’s a Canadian connection — repeatedly demanded to see “the evidence.”

She told reporters she suspected the pictures of her nephews strolling by the finish line with backpacks were “staged” and said, “I am used to being set up. Before I left former Soviet Union countries, that’s how it was.” She said that as a Chechen, she is used to having to prove herself by being “three times better” than anyone else. It seemed to me the chip on her shoulder was at least 26.2 miles long.

Meanwhile, social media conspiracy theorists raged about government being behind the attacks.

When, shortly after the bombing in Boston, a friend texted me about the California man who bought the domain name BostonMarathonConspiracy.com — purely as a way of preventing “some conspiracy kook from owning it” and asked readers to “Please keep the victims of this event and their families in your thoughts” — I thought little of it.

But Jamie Meuhlhausen, the man who did that, was much wiser.

I wonder if he, too, is tempted to crawl into a cave somewhere and not come out for several weeks, by which point perhaps some slight measure of sanity will have returned to Boston and the rest of the world. Only Ruslan Tsarni stops me from doing it.

Postmedia News
cblatchford@postmedia.com

The police and intelligence services are not exactly looking good in this affair, evidently they did have some warning or knowledge abut the perps (even if not the actual attack itself). The essay ahs a grave warning at the end: even a few incidents like this at shopping malls, sporting events or on transit has the potential to change things for the worse:

http://pjmedia.com/rogerlsimon/2013/04/21/boston-and-america-where-the-fish-rots-from-the-top/?singlepage=true

Boston and America … Where the Fish Rots from the Top

April 21st, 2013 - 12:17 am

Apropos of the #BostonBombers, CNN’s Jake Tapper tweeted this weekend: Big q is why FBI didnt keep an eye on/talk to Tamerlan Tsarnaev after he returned from Chechnya last year. So far from FBI: crickets.

Tapper’s right. The FBI is not looking particularly good as far as their surveillance of murderous Caucasian Islamists on our soil is concerned.  And Tamerlan, evidently , left quite a trail, from domestic violence to reportedly attacking an imam for holding up MLK as someone to emulate. Not exactly subtle.  They were even warned about Tamerlan by the Russians apparently.

The Feds must have been pretty clueless to ignore all this.

Probably. But I offer in their defense one of the hoariest of cliches: The fish rots from the top.

The Obama administration and most of those working for it have taken Islamic terrorism about as seriously as I am taking the Memphis Grizzlies/L.A. Clippers game  currently on my TV — in other words, at best mildly interested. Not being a fan of either team, I could watch — I could switch to something else.

And when Islamic terrorism does rear its head, as in Benghazi, the administration evinces something worse than disinterest — dishonesty, lies, coverup and prevarication (sometimes aided by Tapper’s CNN cohort Candy Crowley).

And they don’t stop. They haven’t offered anything yet even remotely resembling a transparent account of the Libyan events or of their motivation. The secretary of State has told us it’s not even important. (How does that look in the light of Boston?)

So why would we expect the nation’s police department — the Federal Bureau of Investigation — to take these matters with the requisite seriousness?  The message they are getting from the top is …meh.  Until something happens, Islamic terrorism is way down this administration’s list of priorities.  And when it happens, the “t-word” is only mentioned under the most extreme duress (or possible political fallout). And the word “Islam” is abjured even when someone yells “Allahu Akbar!” while shooting everyone in the room.

Do you think the FBI agent on the street doesn’t notice? Ah, let this Tamerlan guy go argue with his imam.  It’s lunch time.  Legal Sea Foods, anyone?

Well, to employ another cliche that has overtones of its own, the chicken has come home to roost.We are going to have to take these matters seriously from now on because what happened in Boston is arguably scarier than September 11, 2001, not in its headcount, obviously, but in its implications.

The attack on the World Trade Center may have been a one-off.  Hijacking 747s is not easy to do, less so now.  But blowing up folks at an event, or even a non-event like an average day at an average shopping mall, is much simpler and vastly more difficult to defend in a country the size of the USA. Even two or three incidents would change the character of our daily lives forever and lay waste to our already precarious economy, probably take the world economy along with it.

Is this going to happen? That depends on what’s hiding out there in our fair land.  Who knows how many Tamerlans and Dzhokhars lurk in the cities and suburbs of our country, waiting to explode?  Not the FBI, evidently.  And I doubt anybody else.

Meanwhile, we have the worst possible president to deal with the situation. And even after an event as heinous as Boston, he is supported by a media desperate to preserve his narrative at all costs. It’s already started.  On Saturday the Boston Globe published an article titled — I kid you not — “Islam might have a secondary role in Boston attacks.” (Don’t look for what might have the primary role.  You won’t find it.)  That stupefying essay is a harbinger of what’s to come as soon as the atmosphere dies down, perhaps as soon as next week.

Keep the truth alive. And your eyes open. Your life — or that of someone you love — may depend on it.

That qualifies for the stupidest thing I've read today..................

When we come up with a mind-reading machine maybe I could buy this kife, but for now it's just the "Blame Obama" for everything blogs that you live and breathe by my friend.

Here is a story that reports that the brothers did not have licences to possess firearms. The story, while factual, takes a large leap in logic when it states that under the propsed legislation that failed to pass the Senate, the brothers would not have been able to obtain firearms licences. The unproved assumption, I guess, is that they bought the firearms legally at a gun show or any of the other venues that do not require a background check. It is reproduced under the Fair Dealing provisions of the Copyright Act.

Boston Bombing Suspects Did Not Have Gun Licenses

Posted: 04/22/2013 10:29 am EDT  |  Updated: 04/22/2013 11:23 am EDT

WASHINGTON -- The Boston bombing suspects engaged in a deadly firefight with police last week, possessing six bombs, handguns, a rifle and more than 250 rounds of ammunition. But the Tsarnaev brothers did not have proper licenses to possess the firearms, according to the Cambridge Police Department -- a revelation that comes just days after the Senate voted against strengthening and expanding background checks for gun sales.

Cambridge Police Department spokesman Dan Riviello told The Huffington Post that neither Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, 19, nor Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26, appeared to have a license to own a handgun.

"The younger brother could not have applied as he is not 21 years of age and the older brother did not have a license to carry and we have no record of him ever applying," Riviello said.

Under state law, residents under 21 can obtain a firearms ID card that allows them to own shotguns or rifles that hold 10 rounds or less.

Reuters reported that the police in Dartmouth, Mass., where the younger brother was a student, also had no record of gun licenses or ID cards for either brother.

Last week, the Senate voted against expanding and strengthening background checks for firearms purchases. Under current law, people wishing to obtain a gun need to have a background check for certain types of purchases -- such as from a licensed dealer -- but do not have to go through that process for other types of sales.

A background check could have caused problems for Tamerlan. Department of Homeland Security officials decided not to grant him citizenship after what The New York Times called a "routine background check" revealed that FBI officials had interviewed him in 2011, at the request of the Russian government, which was concerned that he had ties to Chechen terrorists. He was also reportedly involved in an episode of domestic violence in 2009 against his girlfriend.

A majority of the Senate supported the legislation to strengthen background checks, but it failed to get the 60 votes needed to move ahead. The vast majority of the American public also backs expanding background checks.

Riviello said the Cambridge Police Department did not have information on how the brothers obtained their firearms.

The Tsarnaev brothers are also accused of shooting a Massachusetts Institute of Technology police officer, hijacking a car at gunpoint and shooting a police officer in Watertown, Mass.

Not so sure the article is that stupid, people take their cues from the bosses and it's pretty clear that Obama is not looking for any trouble, even if it's looking for him. He has his own agenda, which I am not even sure if that includes the Democrats

I am sure that if they ever got around to checking whether most criminals/gang members/et al have gun licenses the same would be true....

Background checks only work if the person is legal and lawful and buying a retail firearm from a legal source.

Criminals and terrorists like these two piles of excrement bypass the system and deal in the shadows outside of the law.

Obama is just trying to create hysteria so he can override the will of the people with executive privilege.

This just in, gun licensing only keeps honest people honest. In other news, the sky has been discovered to be blue.  ::)

PuckChaser said:
In other news, the sky has been discovered to be blue.  ::)

With or without the chemtrails? ;D

On another note, back in late March Hanover MA police were investigating reports of explosions around the area, along with finding some unexploded devices. There may have been a connection with the Marathon Bombers.

Hanover Police Trying To Solve Homemade Bomb Mystery

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/03/27/hanover-police-trying-to-solve-home-homemade-bomb-mystery/

Residents in that area have reported loud bangs and flashes of bright light.

On March 12, police found two unexploded bombs in a wooded area near Pine Street and Tower Hill Drive.

Captain Jim Gallagher says they want to get to the bottom of who is making them.

“They were simply small cardboard tubes, they are filled with what appears to be flash powder, they are sealed at the end with wax and they have a fuse inserted,” Gallagher told WBZ NewsRadio 1030. “We’re concerned they are able to get the components on the internet fairly readily and that’s what’s making it easy.”

Some of the devices have gone off and while the homemade bombs are small, they are powerful enough to kill someone.

“Our concern is that there could be others that we’re not finding that someone else could encounter, a child for instance,” Gallagher said.

“When they’re contained like that, they have a considerable impact. I believe they are large enough to be fatal if handled the wrong way.”

Gallagher said the suspects could face years in prison and fines if caught.

recceguy said:
Obama is just trying to create hysteria so he can override the will of the people with executive privilege.

It strikes me that even Fox News polls agrees with other mainstream pollsters who all agree that 90% of the registered American voters support background checks for all gun buyers.

How is Obama overriding the will of the people? It seems to me that some fifty GOP senators are the ones doing that.  :2c:

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2013/03/background-checks-polling-senate.php

:slapfight:

False Flags, Fake Blood, and Michelle Obama: A Guide to the Boston Marathon Conspiracies

Forget everything you thought you knew about the Boston bombings. The real story behind the attack involves not a pair of radicalized brothers, but a world-spanning conspiracy of Michelle Obama, a network of Russian oligarchs, and an army of stagehands armed with fake blood. Oh, and deceased suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev? He was taken alive. Naked.

Of course all this is true, it’s on the internet. And the internet’s conspiracy theorists have been hard at work the past week revealing the hidden secrets behind the Boston Marathon bombings. The reason for all the complexity and machinations between the rich and powerful: it’s a necessary measure before imposing martial law in the United States. Boston was merely the catalyst.

Before you dismiss all this, ask yourself: can you prove the Boston bombings aren’t part of a plan to impose martial law? Didn’t think so. Asking our audience to disprove non-falsifiable claims is also an essential part of Tinfoil Tuesday, Danger Room’s sporadic venture into the delectable lunacy of online conspiracy theories. That sleight of hand involving the burden of proof are central to the conspiracy theories about Boston.

The Boston Marathon bombings have become a conspiratorial cornucopia. One video circulating the web purports to show a stripped Tamerlan being taken into custody, after he died. Other theories focused on Abdulrahman Ali Alharbi, a student and Saudi national who was injured in the bombing — and incorrectly reported by the New York Post to be a “potential” suspect. “Why was the investigation of a mysterious Saudi national with familial links to al-Qaeda suddenly dropped shortly after the Saudi ambassador held an unscheduled meeting with Barack Obama?” blogger Michael Snyder asked yesterday. “Why did Michelle Obama subsequently visit that mysterious Saudi national in the hospital?”

Maybe because Alharbi was never actually a suspect? But the Obamas – mysteriously – visited injured patients at several Boston-area hospitals on Thursday — something you’d never expect presidents and their spouses to do after a national tragedy. It’s merely the perfect cover for Michelle Obama to visit the Saudi national to discuss her sinister plans.

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2013/04/boston-marathon-conspiracies/

Waltham police have stepped up their investigation of a 2011 triple homicide where a friend of suspected Boston Marathon bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev was brutally murdered, according to a relative of one of the victims who was interviewed by the Globe.

The relative said Sunday that police have renewed the investigation at the request of victims’ relatives who believe Tamerlan, and perhaps his younger brother, Dzhokhar, played a role in the homicides. Authorities have said the victims all had their throats slit.

Stephanie Guyotte, a spokeman for the Middlesex district attorney’s office, said, “We’re eager to pursue any new leads of information. It has been reported he knew one of the deceased victims. It remains an open and active investigation.”

Previously, investigators had said that Brendan Mess, 25, along with Erik Weissman, 25, and Raphael Teken, 37, were killed on Sept. 12, 2011, in Mess’s apartment on Harding Street, a quiet residential street in Waltham. They also said they believed drugs were involved.

But the relative interviewed by the Globe said the murders took place the evening before, on Sept. 11, the 10th anniversary of the attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon. The relative said he knew this because he was texting one of the victims about a Sunday night football game between the New York Jets and Dallas Cowboys when communication with the victims suddenly stopped at about 8:15 that evening.

“The three of them were definitely killed on Sept. 11,” the relative said. “They all stopped using their cellphones at about eight o’clock that night.”

Tamerlan had become radicalized in his religious and political beliefs shortly before the murder and was an accomplished amateur heavyweight boxer, while Dzhokhar was a former captain of the Cambridge Rindge and Latin wrestling team and was also known as an adept boxer.

Investigators probing the Marathon bombings have said Tamerlan visited Chechnya and neighboring Dagestan for six months following the date of the Waltham murders.

The Globe reported Saturday that Tamerlan had introduced Mess to John Allan, owner of Wai Kru Mixed Martial Arts in Allston, describing him as his “best friend.”

Records show that the Tsarnaev family and at least one member of the Mess family were neighbors in their Cambridge neighborhood.

Two years ago, the Globe reported that each of the victims had their throats slit. And friends of the victims have said their bodies were left covered with marijuana, according to the relative who was interviewed by the Globe.

Waltham police today referred questions from the Globe to the Middlesex district attorney’s office.

Michael Rezendes can be reached at rezendes@globe.com. Follow him on Twitter @RezGlobe.

http://www.boston.com/metrodesk/2013/04/22/police-probe-possible-link-between-marathon-bomber-and-unsolved-triple-homicide-waltham/T6MgaX0lur7plZrGj0HsvO/story.html

Boston bombs: the Canadian boxer and the terror recruiter who 'led Tsarnaev on path to jihad'

A Canadian boxer who was killed while fighting with jihadists in Russia has emerged as a key contact who may have set the elder Boston bomber on his path to violent extremism.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/russia/tom-parfitt/10024185/Boston-bombs-the-Canadian-boxer-and-the-terror-recruiter-who-led-Tsarnaev-on-path-to-jihad.html

Knew it wouldn't take long.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOR38552MJA

Back