• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

1st & 2nd Line Gear - what do you carry

Aus-Tac

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi,
With all the combat experience that the Canadian Army has notched up - I was hoping that some of you might wish to share what gear you carry as 1st and 2nd line.

Thanks

Mission dependant -- do a search ;)
There is a LOT of differences

If you want specific answers - ask a specific question.  Most of the info is specific to role and mission.

Ok, fair point. Let's assume the kit is for light infantry in a MOUT/ FIBUA type role.

coming tour in afghan in feb 06 im a gernadier, so it pretty much limits me to a 203 vest and the old webbing with 5 mag pouches :p

awp50 said:
coming tour in afghan in feb 06 im a gernadier, so it pretty much limits me to a 203 vest and the old webbing with 5 mag pouches :p

Just wondering how you would be constrained that way?  Granted the TV isn't the greatest (read crap) for C9 gnrs and M203 guys, I'm not quite following your logic for picking the old webbing considering there is better stuff out there.

BTW where are you in the TF?

Although I'm not light infantry, I'll chime in anyways.:D  SO Tech Callahan, I find that the integrated Hellcat bib is it's best feature, holding six mags which frees up a lot of real estate on the vest.  Also, creative pouch selection and piggy backing some pouches(malice clips) allows more room to be saved.  PALS/MOLLE on the front and back and it'll carry ballistic plates.  As long as your carrying just mission essentials, you'll have enough room.  What more do you need?

Back