• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

1st Contact Email was never received.

HaZarD SFD

Inactive
Reaction score
Just called the Ottawa Recruitment Office 1hr ago and found out that I have been sent 2 emails.  I have done a thorough search of my emails and found nothing but the eRecruitment emails.  I was told to contact Appointments ASAP.  Emails were sent on the 19th of November.  Thank god I called today to find out why its taking so long. 

Mind you my motivation to call was from reading others missing the email and being in the same boat.

I hope this doesn't impede my application too much.  I have taken the CFAT before and my scores were pretty high. 

Overall i'm pissed off that this happened and my motivation has not been changed.  I still highly want to join the CAF.

Check your spam folder. I didn't see my first contact email until it was almost deleted by the 30 day spam filter.

Its not in my Email at all.  I dont know how this could happen.  I also know that I would of never missed it.  I check my email daily and have not deleted anything since I applied.

What email provider and where are you checking your email from? I only ask because many phones/tablets have settings to only show so many days of email and it's possible that it could still be in your junk mail but just too far back for the device to see.

It's also possible, with POP accounts, that the email was removed from the server from another device that could have been on and checked for new mail first.

These are just a couple of possibilities anyway. All in all, I'm glad that you were still able to get in touch with your recruiting office and can hopefully get things sorted out.

I have Rogers.  I never delete from my phone.  I always do that from my PC. 

Sent the Email to Appointments.Ottawa as per the Recruiter.  I explained what happened and noted my high motivation to still join.  I have yet to get anything.  I have called in to the Recruiter today to just make sure an email didnt get sent today and I missed it.

Just a heads up, the folks here in Ottawa usually take a week or so to respond to emails. Just an FYI so you don't think you missed something again! Make sure you add them to your contacts as well so it won't slip into your spam folder.

HaZarD SFD said:
I have Rogers.  I never delete from my phone.  I always do that from my PC.

I don't think you are listening to what people are saying.

Have you checked your SPAM folder, typically these delete automatically. Mine at work deletes in 10 days, my personal in 30 days.

Sometimes emails aren't spam end up there. It is possible that it was sent there in the past and is now deleted based on your spam settings.

I know someone is going to be upset by this.... but, I am the only one seeing the irony in a want to be Jimmy Officer having comms problems?

Check your spam folder.. if it's not there. Call them back and ask them to check your email on file. Action will always get you farther than compaining on a message board!

Good luck.

soccerplayer131 said:
A word to the wise: my file manager informed me that sometimes, forces.gc.ca emails don't always work when it comes to sending e-mails to certain providers. I know that they had issues sending me a message to my Apple iCloud account (@me.com), but I received e-mails to my @hotmail.com address just fine, though apparently sometimes the CF addresses and hotmail/gmail don't always talk to each other so well.

Please.  Everyone commenting here.  Stop and think of what is actually going on and perhaps you will realize that if you are using some form of system such as iCloud that is not known for its 'security', then perhaps you are not going to get messages from a 'Government' site due to the firewalls and security protocols they have put in place to protect themselves. 

After calling every week to push on my file as much as I could.  I finally had a recruiter/office person push my file into someones hands.  I dont have to complete my CFAT again as I aced it last time.  I now have my TSD test this week.  I am amped as hell right now.  I cant wait to get this process going.

Please Delete this thread.  Its of no use to anyone and its dead.  thanks.

Back