• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2 Family Names : Can I have only one on my name tags ?

Stockyrock

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I have 2 family names : one is french and the other one a popular english family name. People always have difficulties to pronounce the french one. Therefore, I would like to know if it is possible to have only my english family name on my nametags so people will find it easier to say my name. Also it would be a very long name tag to have both. I know its a very low priority question but maybe somebody experienced the same situation.

Thanks

What is your legal last name? The one that is on Government ID (driver's licence, passport).

As dangerboy has said, you're going to be restricted to your current legal name. It is possible to have a double-barreled name on your nametag, but you imply that it would be too long. Your choices are to keep what you have, or start the process for a legal name change. I've seen other do it, so it's not that complex.

I've seen someone with a 24 character name tape, don't sweat it.

Thanks everyone for your answers, they make all sense. I was asking because when I did the first enrollment step they were asking for my first name, last name and my preferred name. Therefore, I was wondering if my preferred name (in which I removed the french family name) was what would be on my nametags. Anyhow, thanks again to all of you!

Preferred name refers to which of your given names you prefer to be addressed by.

Back