• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2 Mounties Shot in Saskatchewan

Bruce Monkhouse

Pinball Dude
Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Reaction score
http://news.sympatico.msn.ctv.ca/TopStories/ContentPosting.aspx?newsitemid=CTVNews%2f20060708%2fmounties_shot_060708&feedname=CTV-TOPSTORIES_V2&showbyline=True

Police in Saskatchewan are searching for a suspect who is considered armed and dangerous, after two Mounties were shot Friday night in the small farming community of Mildred.

CTV.ca News Staff

Curtis Alfred Dagenais, 41, is seen in an undated police handout photo. RCMP have issued a warrant for the arrest of Dagenais in connection with the shooting of two RCMP officers near Prince Albert, Sakatchewan. (CP PHOTO/HO) 
The officers, a male and a female, were shot in the town of Mildred, a small farming community located about 140 kilometres west of Prince Albert, Sask.
They were taken to a Saskatoon hospital and are recovering after undergoing extensive surgery.

Cpl. Keith Bott of the Spiritwood RCMP said the next 48 hours will determine the severity of their injuries.
"They've completed surgery and we've just basically been advised that it's just ... sit back and a waiting game now," Bott told The Canadian Press.
The officers were shot while pursuing a suspect.

According to reports, three officers were investigating an assault complaint at about 9 p.m. when a suspect fled in a vehicle.
The officers reportedly followed the vehicle, and were fired upon when the suspect stopped.
The third, uninjured officer returned fire on the suspect who then fled on foot and is still on the loose.
Police have set up roadblocks, established a no-fly zone and are using a plane as part of efforts to capture the suspect, who is described as armed and dangerous.

"We're trying to keep people out. This individual is considered dangerous for obvious reasons, so we're trying to locate him before he gets back into the public again,'' Bott told CP.
Police were searching for 41-year-old Curtis Alfred Dagenais, who is described as a white male with brown hair and green eyes.
Dagenais, who is five-foot-11 and weighs 158 pounds, was last seen wearing blue jean cutoffs, a short-sleeved shirt and a baseball cap.

Police were asking anyone with information about his whereabouts to call their local RCMP detachment.
The Saskatoon major crimes unit was helping search for Dagenais.
The injured officers are based out of the RCMP detachment in Spiritwood, Sask.

In March 2005, four RCMP officers were shot and killed in Mayerthorpe, Alta. by James Roszko while they were on his property to investigate stolen parts and a marijuana grow operation.
Roszko then took his own life.

...and hopefully this clown will do the same.......

Probrably the wrong thread....thought it was worth making note of....

http://www.canada.com/topics/news/national/story.html?id=ae44099b-6bc2-43d6-9b15-1328ec8ff114&k=21258

My wife has been watching RCMP vech.  traveling north all afternoon.  The shooting was about an hour Norttheast of my location.

:cdn: :salute:My thoughts and prayers go to the officers and the families for a speedy recovery.

my prayers are with those RCMP officers....

may the waste of air that did this be caught and have justice dealt to him swiftly

Prayers for a speedy recovery for Const. Robin Cameron and Const. Marc Bourdages.

Hope a speedy and full recovery to the injured officers, as well as justice to be served to the sick man who did this.  :cdn:  It is definitely a tragedy when an officer of any force is injured. Tragedies like this one serve to remind all of us of the dangers faced by our truly brave officers, and put into light the need for all of us civilians to be grateful of the sacrifices made, and dangers faced by our police officers on a daily basis.  :salute:

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20060716/mounties_dead_060716/20060716?hub=TopStories

RIP  :salute: :cdn:

This is awful news.  Just read about it on http://www.cbc.ca/news  God Awful Shame.  I wish the families of these members my sincere condolences.  I also wish that the person who attacked our very way of life by shooting and killing two of those meant to protect us meets his justice.

:salute:

This pisses me off, if the suspects father knows where he is and isn't talking all we can do is charge him with obstruction of justice?

I say torture the piece of crap and make him talk.  This should apply to all criminals who know information and refuse to talk. 

Seems like everyday I get a piece of bad news lately

:salute: :cdn: RIP :cdn: :salute:

RIP  :salute:

While I am all for taking a black and decker power drill to the suspects father's knees  -- I doubt that is what the fallen members would appreciate. 

My wife and I offer our deepest Condolences to the families of Const. Robin Cameron and Const. Marc Bourdages.  Also to the extended family of the RCMP  What a waste of two lives of police officers simply doing their duty.  Apparently the father is blaming the Mounties for his son's actions.  GRRRR.  Its time for responsibility to be placed directly on the shoulders of the perpetrators.  The excuse that he had a rough upbringing just doesn't wash.

The same here.. from my family and me, the deepest condolences.

Deepest condolences to family and colleagues....

our thoughts and prayers are with their friends and family.........RIP  :salute: :salute:

http://www.pm.gc.ca/eng/media.asp?category=3&id=1250

Statement by the Prime Minister on the death of two RCMP officers
16 July 2006
Ottawa, Ontario

Prime Minister Stephen Harper today issued the following statement on the death of RCMP constables Marc Bourdages and Robin Cameron. Constable Cameron died in hospital late yesterday evening, and Constable Bourdages died in hospital early this morning, as a result of injuries sustained from gunshot wounds on Friday, July 7 during a pursuit near Mildred, Saskatchewan. 

“Today, on behalf of all Canadians, I wish to pay tribute to both Marc Bourdages and Robin Cameron. They have made the ultimate sacrifice in the service of their fellow Canadians.

“Constable Bourdages and Constable Cameron have been members of our national force for five-and-a-half and five years respectively. Throughout their careers, both officers brought a level of professionalism, commitment and courage that was admired and respected by their colleagues, friends and the lives of other Canadians they touched.

“I express my sincere condolences to the families, friends and fellow colleagues of these brave officers who have been touched by this terrible tragedy. This is truly a sad day for all Canadians.

“This tragic event is a sad reminder of the sacrifice and bravery of the men and women who serve in our national police force and all those who dedicate their lives to protecting our country and our communities, often working under extreme circumstances, and in conditions of great danger.

“Our thoughts and prayers are with their families and loved ones in this, their time of need.”

My condolences to the families of the couragous mounties killed in the line of duty. :salute:

Back