• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2006 Census Deadline is *TODAY*

T

TMM

I just wanted to remind everyone that if you received a census form, today is the due date.

I submitted mine online at www.census2006.ca and it took less time than a well thought out post to this site.

I know it seems like a hassle to some, but really, a few minutes every five years isn't much.

There will be people that come back to check-up on people who haven't sent them in or did them online.

I never got the census forms in the mail and I called Census Canada and they told me that I don't need it because the base has all my records and will send them my info.  Does anyone know if that's true? 

Greywolf said:
I never got the census forms in the mail and I called Census Canada and they told me that I don't need it because the base has all my records and will send them my info.  Does anyone know if that's true? 

I doubt its true..here the base has distributed the census in the quarters for all to fill out and has sent out an base-wide email saying that they will follow up and "visit" those who did not fiull them out. If you live off-base you are required by law to fill the census out either by mail or online as well

Yes, I believe that's the number I called...1-877-594-2006.  I live in the shacks in Petawawa, but I never got the forms distributed to my quarters and I did not get an email saying they will follow up and visit those who did not fill out the forms. 

Phone again to see if you get the same answer. As far as I know in Petawawa, you either got your forms mailed to you, or someone came to your door either talking in person to you or left a package in a plastic bag on your door. I don't know why the shacks would be any different.

Thanks for the reminder TMM. I just did mine online, wasn't too bad.

Thank you for the reminder, my first Canadian census.  I have 23 months left until I am eligible for citizenship and after filling out a simple on line form I feel some how a little bit more a Canadian.

It's Census Day and the online website where we can fill out the form is down!  :mad:

van Gemeren said:
Phone again to see if you get the same answer. As far as I know in Petawawa, you either got your forms mailed to you, or someone came to your door either talking in person to you or left a package in a plastic bag on your door. I don't know why the shacks would be any different.
In Shilo I believe it was base accommodations people who delivered the census forms to all the guys and girls who live in the shacks.

Hey there, I work for Stats Canada. I am working with the Census here in the CFB Gagetown area.

It is true, if you live in shacks on base, there is a central person on base, likely the G1 Pers Srvcs officer that is making sure that everybody who lives on base is enumerated as part of a "collective collective" (a Stats Canada term)

Anyone who lives outside the base gates or in PMQs were either sent a census form or it was hand delivered. It is law for everyone in the country to participate. If you live on base in shacks and want to be sure that you were included in the Census, I suggest talking to the G1 Pers/Srvcs officer or your Adjt or Accomodations to see if you were captured in the "collective collective"

That's a better answer than I could could give. I had the job of hand delivering around 240 forms for the last two weeks.

Greywolf said:
It's Census Day and the on-line website where we can fill out the form is down!   :mad:
Yes it is...and I don't have time to do the paper and mail it...or I don't want too...if the service is supposed to be available...then why can't I access it...

HL

You still technically have time to send it in. Stats Canada was expecting alot of people to drop their Census in the mailbox on 16 May. We all know how speedy Canada Post is, so if you drop it in the mail today or tomorrow you should still be okay.

And if not, you will get a friendly visit from a Stats Canada representative in your area any time after 1 June. If they manage to contact you and you still haven't "counted yourself in" they will remind you to send it in. They will come back up to three times before having to call in their supervisor to give you a less friendly reminder. It is only if you totally and utterly refuse to participate that you will face a fine and/or jail time.

Note: I have been told that if a person does refuse to participate and pays the fine, and does the jail time, they will still have to participate eventually, falling into a downward spiral of fines and jail time until the questionaire has been completed. Even if this takes until the next Census. Essentiallly, resistence is futile.

Just did mine on-line - it took less than 5 minutes.  I must confess, the not so veiled threats about fines etc peaked my interest!  Now I just have to do my taxes...

Dave

PPCLI Guy said:
Just did mine on-line - it took less than 5 minutes.  I must confess, the not so veiled threats about fines etc peaked my interest!  Now I just have to do my taxes...

Dave

LOL ;D

I found the Census kind of useless. I must say that I have a feeling that part of the information is in fact going to be used to cross check information provided by tax payers on the income tax form.

Back