• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2010 Airshow Season Thread

Baden Guy

Seem rather short for an airshow especially on the price of the tickets is there any ground display aircraft that you can look at ?

Loachman said:
More people believe me when I say that the pointy things sticking out of the nose of the Griffon are lasers than that they are part of the airspeed indication system. The explanation of pitot and static pressures is apparently presumed to be a deception/cover story.

You should tell them it's a chemtrail maker.

karl28 said:
Baden Guy

Seem rather short for an airshow especially on the price of the tickets is there any ground display aircraft that you can look at ?

I am really sad to report there is no static display as the aircraft originate from Pearson International Airport.
As for price join the crowds and go to one of the Toronto parks along Humber Bay or Marilyn Bell park and watch for free.  :)

SupersonicMax said:
You should tell them it's a chemtrail maker.

Some old lady not far from here called to complain that we were flying low and spraying her house with agent orange after she saw the 4 black smoke trails behind us.

CDN Aviator said:
Some old lady not far from here called to complain that we were flying low and spraying her house with agent orange after she saw the 4 black smoke trails behind us.

Does the guy with the sheep farm at the end of the runway still whine about us making his sheep retarded and their wool fall out? ;D

CDN Aviator said:

It never changes.... Someone called the MPs on us once for driving through town in a Bison. It was blowing black smoke from the exhaust. Just so happened, we called that Bison "Old Smokey".

As expected, the winds wreaked havoc on the show today with white caps on top of 6-10ft waves which were swamping the markers out in the water.  The Arcturus did a few passes and then the show was called due to conditions.  Weather looks better for the next couple of days.

Arcturus flight today:

IMG_6235.jpg

IMG_6230.jpg

Media flight from Friday:

IMG_6111.jpg

2010 Canadian International Air Show
Sunday Show Schedule

CF-18 Hornet 12:30
CP-140 - Aurora # 1 12:38
Rob Holland - MX2 12:45
Cadets - Glider 13:10
Air & Navy Demo 13:30
Harvard Aero Team 13:40
Mike Wiskus - Lucas Oil 13:56
B-25 14:13
F-16 Viper 14:32
Heritage 14:50
Corsair 14:55
Rob Holland  15:15
Snowbirds 15:43

* Schedule Subject to Change without Notice!

Enjoy the Show!

18 Sept there'll be an airshow near Gatineau Que, many aircraft will be flying in over the whole 17-19 Sept gathering.

The vintage wings warbirds will no doubt be on display, always worthwile to go and see them gorgeous old girls

https://www.vintagewingsmembers.ca/eventsDetail/eventDetails.cfm?eventIdEnc=20EA

http://www.thestar.com/fplarge/photo/857135

CNE airshow photo viewer.

A couple more with many more to follow...posted some shots of the HMCS Fredericton in the General Navy forum.

IMG_6520.jpg

IMG_6112.jpg

IMG_6347.jpg

Wings Over Gatineau
The list of performers have been posted for the Vinae Wings of Canada September 18th air show.

FORMATION FLIGHTS:

Battle of Britain

Lancaster Canadian Warplane Heritage (CWH)
Mustang Vintage Wings (VWC)
Corsair VWC
Spitfire VWC
Hurricane VWC

Victoria Cross Flight

Lancaster CWH
Canso CWH
Corsair VWC

Victory Flight

P-40 VWC
Spitfire VWC
Hurricane VWC

BCATP Flight

Harvard VWC
Tiger Moth VWC
Fleet Finch VWC

AEROBATIC PERFORMANCES:

Harvard VWC
Pitts Classic Wings (CW)
Christine Eagle
Sukoy (sp)
Mustang VWC

FORMATION AEROBATICS:

Harvards CHAT

JETS:

Hawk One F-86 VWC
F-86+L-39 CW
L39 CW
T-33 (Turbo) NEW

Parade:

Lysander VWC
Staggerwing VWC
Focke Wulf
Beaver VWC
Fox Moth VWC
Tiger Moth VWC
Fleet Finch VWC

MILITARY AIRCRAFT:

C-17
C-130

OLDE:

Bleriot

SKY DIVERS:

Go Skydive

What an awesome day in Gatineau yesterday - the warbird formations were just out of this world and it was totally worth the 10 hour round trip drive from Toronto.  I only wish I could have spent some time with the warbirds on static as they were all on the active, but such is life!

Great job, hats off to you all! 

More photos at my gallery:  Vintage Wings of Canada Open House

Back