• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2011 CFL Playoff Thread

Zartan

Inactive
Reaction score
The Last 3 weeks of the Canadian football season are upon us and at the last moment, the schedule has been decided. Next Sunday we have Hamilton in Montreal, and Calgary in Edmonton. I myself will be cheering for the away teams (and wishing for them to play in the Grey Cup). The Calgary-Edmonton game should be especially competitive, but here's to a great playoff!

Also next week, in the CIS we have UBC @ Calgary, Montreal @ Laval, SMU @ Acadia and McMaster @ Western. Go Dinos!

Well today's the day! Hamilton and Montreal should be kicking off shortly, while Calgary will be playing in Edmonton in a matter of hours.

With regards to the CIS, next week it will be Calgary hosting Laval, while Acadia will be hosting McMaster in Moncton.

Hamilton is really playing like they want this one.  They seem to have Calvillo's number...

Hamilton's heading to Swaggerville..........wasn't sure about it for a while there, could've gone either way.  Looks chilly in Edmonton!

I was down in Saint John watching the Seadogs play Baie Comeau.  (Saint John won in a pretty good game, 5-3).  I missed the Montreal/Hamilton game.  Just watching Calgary/Edmonton now.  My team (Toronto) has been out of it since about week 6, so, I don't really have a dog in this fight.  But part of me wants Winnipeg to swagger into the Grey Cup.

So, tomorrow, Winnipeg takes on Hamilton at home.  I'm saying Winnipeg by less than a touchdown.
Later, Edmonton will fall to BC.  So, I predict Winnipeg and BC, and BC taking it this year at home. 

Thoughts?

yeah, that's what's probably going to happen

I'm biased, but I wouldn't count Hamilton out just yet.  If Glenn can use the entirety of his backfield and receivers, and work on moving the sticks instead of big gains, they can pull this one off.  Should be no problem keeping the beer cold in the stands, no matter what happens!

I'm with the BC over Edm cadre.

Occam said:
I'm biased, but I wouldn't count Hamilton out just yet.  If Glenn can use the entirety of his backfield and receivers, and work on moving the sticks instead of big gains, they can pull this one off.
I'm not 100% sold that Winnipeg will win this one; however, they have the advantage of hosting.  And though they had a week off, sometimes that can cause complacency.  This is why I "predict" less than a touchdown. 
(And last week, I was *certain* that Montréal was going to win)
Occam said:
Should be no problem keeping the beer cold in the stands, no matter what happens!
The forecast for today?  Sunny, -10 degrees.  Yep, that beer will be nice and cold!

Technoviking said:
(And last week, I was *certain* that Montréal was going to win)The forecast for today?  Sunny, -10 degrees.  Yep, that beer will be nice and cold!

That's one of the things that I will always love about Canadian football - the weather factor when you're playing in the outdoor venues towards the tail end of the season.  It always makes for interesting football.

I've got my spot reserved in the queue for season tickets for the Ottawa CFL team already...still on track for 2014, hopefully!  Can't wait.

Well, there's no doubt the best team won there.  Hamilton just wasn't playing like they wanted it.  You actually have to have possession of the football if you want to win the game.

Weather can certainly make it interesting - I just can't watch it, haha! I got hypothermia at the west final last year - and there were plenty of folks sitting in their cars listening to the game on the radio rather than watching from the stands. I have to say I'm envious that Regina and Winnipeg will be getting something to mitigate those extreme cases.

Weather won't be a factor now though - both the Vanier Cup on Friday and the Grey Cup on Sunday will be in BC Place. All my teams lost last weeks, so its Laval vs McMaster and BC and Winnipeg. While I hope McMaster wins, Laval is just beastly. I'm also rooting for Winnipeg on Sunday, but BC just keeps on getting better, week after week.

By the way, that's awesome, Occam! I can't wait to see Ottawa back

FlyingDutchman said:
I am rooting for the Bombers, so sadly that means the the Lions are going to win.

Lions leading 10 - zip and they just made an interception. Challenge flag has been thrown.

14-9 in the third.    Anyone's game, but BC is looking a bit tighter!  I'm no Nickelback fan, but they sounded fantastic at the half.

Agreed that Nickleback put on a decent show.  The highlight of the game for me was the outfits the BC Lions cheerleaders wore. I could have spent the whole game just watching them.

Back