• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2018 Logistic Officer Training

spacey

Inactive
Reaction score
Good afternoon all,

I am considering a VOT from SigO to LogO, but I am finding conflicting information on the trades training portion. 

What I have heard is that for 2018, the training has changed.  But, I have also received information that this is how the break down of the training works:

Mod 1: 27 Days (LOCC) **This portion is distant learning?**

Mod 2: 38 Days (LOCL)

Mod 3: 16 – 23 Days (DP 1 – Specialty)

Also heard that each Mod can be broken down into additional mods, not do it all in one stint (for reservists).  As well, everyone has said that Mod 1 is a distant learning portion.

Can anyone confirm what the training route is for LogO's!  Greatly appreciate it.

Hi spacey,

I am Navy (Reserve) but LOCC is a common course for all elements, and it is not DL. Here's my line up:

LOCC: 29-May - 5-Jul
LOCS: 6-Jul - 31-Aug
FINS SVCS: 10-Sep - 2-Nov
SUPPLY O: 14-Nov - 5-Dec

When on DWAN take a look at http://borden.mil.ca/26/18.aspx. It lists the various logistics courses - perhaps not the course dates, but I believe it includes # of days.

Ali

I also have a log-O question for reserve.  I fugure it is easier to piggyback off of this than start my own thread.

I have run into a bit of a situation where my work isn't accommodate to my training requests although we have special leave in our collective agreement to accommodate this. I enrolled in early June and was scheduled to do Mod 2 in August. last week it was thrown on me that it would instead begin on the 3rd of July. Work in turn denied my leave request. I am awaiting word if another NRD will be training in August or the fall but in the meantime my employer sent a letter stating they would need 4-6 months notice to meet operational requirements.
My employer wants me to outline when my potential mod 2, mod 3 dates would be as well as my log training (which my NRD can't even tell me details about).  I want to be armed with as much as I can before I go back to them. BTW if it matters I am on the east coast.

Any update on this thread from the OP or anyone else in the know???  Inquiring minds want to know.

Back