• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2021-2022 OFFICER PRODUCTION PLANS FOR TRAINED REGULAR FORCE NCMS

Drallib

Inactive
Reaction score
Making this thread again for those who have questions or for when people begin to recieve offers.

Good luck to all applying this year!

I'll be applying for Pilot (again) through CEOTP and working on my remaining university courses to apply for UTPNCM also.

Good idea.

BUT should we not move this thread under “Military Administration - Occupational and Component Transfers” ??

That’s where you’ll find more closely related threads than here as “recruiting” and “ROTP”.

Cardinal177 said:
Good idea.

BUT should we not move this thread under “Military Administration - Occupational and Component Transfers” ??

That’s where you’ll find more closely related threads than here as “recruiting” and “ROTP”.

Agreed. Not sure I know how to do that or if I'm able to.

We've always kept the officer production yearly threads in the RMC area as traditionally those programs led to RMC schooling. There's really not a nice and clean area to have it, but we can look at sorting it out in the future. Its realistically only 1 megathread a year so it doesn't take away from the RMC content.

I went through this process last year, but I forget exactly how I passed everything up...

Specfically with the 4495, I got my supervisor to write a Supervisor's Assessment, I enetered it in, printed the entire 4495, and passed it up the COC. Looking at my 4495 from last year, the CO wrote his assessment electronically... but I never saw what he wrote until I requested to see it from the Orderly Room last month. So how does he gain access to it? The BPSO?

Confusing, sorry, but I just want clarification on this (even though I did it last year too).

FYI, I did call the PSO extension, left a message yesterday, called again today, no answer.

Drallib said:
I went through this process last year, but I forget exactly how I passed everything up...

Specfically with the 4495, I got my supervisor to write a Supervisor's Assessment, I enetered it in, printed the entire 4495, and passed it up the COC. Looking at my 4495 from last year, the CO wrote his assessment electronically... but I never saw what he wrote until I requested to see it from the Orderly Room last month. So how does he gain access to it? The BPSO?

Confusing, sorry, but I just want clarification on this (even though I did it last year too).

FYI, I did call the PSO extension, left a message yesterday, called again today, no answer.
What do you mean, "How does he gain access to it? The BPSO?" Are you asking how your CO gets access to the 4495 so he can enter his comments electronically?  It's probable that someone along the chain scanned it, then simply used the Adobe comment tool to add the CO's comments and then he signed it electronically or whatever.

Why wouldn't you just submit the entire form electronically to start with? Makes everyone's life so much easier at every step of the process since the form is specifically designed to allow that very process.

garb811 said:
What do you mean, "How does he gain access to it? The BPSO?" Are you asking how your CO gets access to the 4495 so he can enter his comments electronically?  It's probable that someone along the chain scanned it, then simply used the Adobe comment tool to add the CO's comments and then he signed it electronically or whatever.

Why wouldn't you just submit the entire form electronically to start with? Makes everyone's life so much easier at every step of the process since the form is specifically designed to allow that very process.

They just called back. Said to just fill out my portion, send up COC with other required docs, and they can just fill the hardcopy.

It has to be sent up with a memo, so I didn't want to send some things hardcopy, some things electronically. Just simpler to print it all and fill it out in my opinion.

Anybody have seen the SIP scoreboard for this year?

What are you applying for?

Any suggestion to make an application competitive?

Moon said:
Anybody have seen the SIP scoreboard for this year?

What are you applying for?

Any suggestion to make an application competitive?

The scorecard for this year is up if you search SIP Scorecard on the DWAN defense search (SWS).

I'm applying for Pilot through UTPNCM and CEOTP this year.

Your competitiveness is scored from your CFAT (CFAST for PLT, AEC, ACSO), your interview, and your personality score (weighed in order from highest to lowest).

What was your previous trade? Do you have any idea what airframe you want to fly?

Since my CFAT is competitive and I have no control on my personality score, do you have any idea of what are the categories of the interview, how you can prepare for it and what types of actions you can take to have a better file.

Thank you very much.

I hope your process goes well,

Moon said:
What was your previous trade? Do you have any idea what airframe you want to fly?

Since my CFAT is competitive and I have no control on my personality score, do you have any idea of what are the categories of the interview, how you can prepare for it and what types of actions you can take to have a better file.

Thank you very much.

I hope your process goes well,

I'm an Aircraft Structures Technician and if selected for Pilot I'd like to fly Griffons but I'm open to anything.

I'm not allowed to share questions asked during the interview, but just know the trade you're applying to, and don't stress too much. It's just a conversation for them to get to know you and if you're suitable or not.

You'll be fine!  :nod:

Moon said:
The SIP scoreboard on dwan is for 2019/2020 however

Go to the 1 Wing page.

In the search box on the top right enter "SIP Scorecard".

Click the "SWS" tab above the results.

Sort by date.

The most recent link, "14 - FY 20-21 Reg F SIP Scorecard - end Jul 20" is what I think you're looking for.

Drallib said:
I'm an Aircraft Structures Technician and if selected for Pilot I'd like to fly Griffons but I'm open to anything.

I'm not allowed to share questions asked during the interview, but just know the trade you're applying to, and don't stress too much. It's just a conversation for them to get to know you and if you're suitable or not.

You'll be fine!  :nod:

Nice I am not stressed. I really just want to put every chance on my side.

I hope everything work for you!

Drallib said:
Go to the 1 Wing page.

In the search box on the top right enter "SIP Scorecard".

Click the "SWS" tab above the results.

Sort by date.

The most recent link, "14 - FY 20-21 Reg F SIP Scorecard - end Jul 20" is what I think you're looking for.

I honestly just look and search that way for 30 min with any combination of SIP score card  and only found the one from last year unfortunately.

Reactions: GSD
Moon said:
I honestly just look and search that way for 30 min with any combination of SIP score card  and only found the one from last year unfortunately.

So the scorecard has been updated showing FY20-21 intake figures (NCMs commissioning this summer) but the SIP for FY21-22 isn't out yet. As briefed by PSO, an initial version may come out shortly with a revision in December in preparation for the January-March 2021 selection boards.

So I did a little digging and found the non-selection message for UTPNCM from 2019 and 2020 and compared it to the amount of people selected for UTPNCM to get an idea of a percentage of offers based on the number of applicants.

In 2019 there were 25 offers given for UTPNCM and 78 non-selections. 25/103 (offers/total applicants) is 24.2%

In 2020 there were 56 offers given for UTPNCM and 92 non-selections. 56/148 (offers/total applicants) is 37.8%

Obviously with COVID, everything is up in the air at this point, but I just wanted to share this with anyone who was curious.

I just read (I don't know if I'm allowed to share the link or not) that the RCAF will not be sending candidates to Seneca college as of September 2021 due to a reduction in hiring this year from COVID and expected to carry forward to the next two to three years.

I wonder if this means more selection from within the Forces for Pilot?

So even before COVID, the RCAF was reducing Pilot intake to reduce the number of candidates on BTL. Folks would wait longer for training than the training itself.
Seneca candidates are priority loaded on flight training and are loaded ahead of DEO candidates and RMC graduates who have already been waiting 8-9 months.

Phase II normally has a capacity of 112 starts but will be reduced to 55 in a COVID environment. As of this month there are 216 candidates awaiting Phase II. The average wait time is 24 months following Phase I (expected to rise to greater than 30 months.

Significant SIP reductions are required in order to contain the BTL and restore optimal wait times for training

With ROTP, DEO and In-Service Selection are already at historical lows, CEOTP is the logical program to reduce. As CEOTP is already at the viable minimum, it is recommended to close for the FY 20/21 year.

Back