• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2021-2022 OFFICER PRODUCTION PLANS FOR TRAINED REGULAR FORCE NCMS

Hi there, is there a way to find out what it is for the ROTP program?
Yes it is on the same scorecard but if you are asking for ROTP I assume you don't have access to the DWAN? What trade are you looking for ?

You have to look at the internal intake. Depending on which program you applied for. For example I am applying for UTPNCM NCS Eng and even though they are not at 100% the SIP Scorecard says they are only taking 2 for the fiscal year under UTPNCM.

I do not know if these are hard and fast numbers tho.
That’s what I mean the delta is not 100% so say they are taking 10 DEO but only got 2, what’s the likelihood they will pull from other competition to meet their overall intake they have forecasted

That’s what I mean the delta is not 100% so say they are taking 10 DEO but only got 2, what’s the likelihood they will pull from other competition to meet their overall intake they have forecasted
Oh I see what you mean. I have heard rumors about them doing this but only rumors. If anyone on here knows the actual answer to this I would love to know as well.

Folks, just your friendly annual reminder that the data on the SIP is on the DWAN for a reason. Unless you're the originator or have the permission of the originator, you're not permitted to put it on an UNCLASS public internet forum. We've had a few issues with it before.

I'll take my ISSO hat off now... good luck to everyone that applied this year. May the odds forever be in your favour.

Is the SIP Score card a reliable source for numbers? The latest one I found was current as of 28 Feb 21, and the intake results for the trade I applied for, is below 100% of what is forecasted. Is it safe to assume that potentially everyone who applied would be picked up since they are below the forecasted intake number?
Hey Sgt_Bloggins, I'm afraid you're talking about the same scorecard I found but it's for FY20-21. Non-selection messages have been out since last summer for in-svc selection. I also don't think any FY21-22 SIP numbers have been agreed to yet - at least not publicly which I find strange since Apr 1st is around the corner. By this time last year, some CFRP offers were already out...waiting is painful!

Folks, just your friendly annual reminder that the data on the SIP is on the DWAN for a reason. Unless you're the originator or have the permission of the originator, you're not permitted to put it on an UNCLASS public internet forum. We've had a few issues with it before.

I'll take my ISSO hat off now... good luck to everyone that applied this year. May the odds forever be in your favour.
Tracking, and numbers I used were just fictitious for that reason.

Hi there, is there a way to find out what it is for the ROTP program?
ROTP has not issued any offers yet, early offers will start to go out around the last week of March (Source: Asked a recruiter). Therefore I don't think they will have any data referring to the amount of people they took in for each trade via rotp as of yet for this fiscal year. I assume you're asking this question because you want to know how competitive it will be to get into rotp for your desired trade? Also, what trade did you aplly for?

Yes it is on the same scorecard but if you are asking for ROTP I assume you don't have access to the DWAN? What trade are you looking for ?

ROTP has not issued any offers yet, early offers will start to go out around the last week of March (Source: Asked a recruiter). Therefore I don't think they will have any data referring to the amount of people they took in for each trade via rotp as of yet for this fiscal year. I assume you're asking this question because you want to know how competitive it will be to get into rotp for your desired trade? Also, what trade did you aplly for?
Hey there, thanks for the info! I applied to be a pharm O. How about yourself?

Hey there, thanks for the info! I applied to be a pharm O. How about yourself?
Pharmacy officer is a pretty cool trade, congrats bro! I applied to ROTP as a signal officer. Earlier you were asking about the intake amount of candidates for rotp regarding your trade. I wouldn't be super nervous about that if I were you, because if you made if this far in the application process and landed yourself on the competition list, your most likely competitive and have a pretty good chance at getting accepted! Out of curiosity are you applying from university or are you in grade12/CEGEP (final year)?

Yeah fingers crossed! Best of luck for your application as well!
I'm applying from university. I think almost every Pharmacy program I have looked into needs at least 2 years of university credits.

I have been told from a credible source that UTPNCM offers will start coming out in 1-2 weeks.

Still no news as of today. PSOs are very helpful answering all the questions I had. Unfortunately when they send the application to Ottawa, they lose visibility on the process.

For myself, I have applied for for LogO (somehow I like accounting) and SigO. I had to rewrite my CFAT, but was told I was in the 93 percentile for Officers. Also, I have asked for a waiver for Athabasca University, which was approved sometime is February.

I think my Language profile will also play a minor role, PLQ and time-in should also help.

Currently have 15 courses done with a GPA of 3.54/4 and 25 until graduation, all depending on which degree I finish.

This my first attempt at UTPNCM, I believe I have a strong file, and have not heard about anyone else applying for Log or Sigs(UTPNCM).

I really wish the ILP was still a thing, I just registered for another course with Athabasca out of pocket (I need to keep doing courses!).

I'll keep updating here, and keep my finger crossed for LogO!

How's everyone dealing with the selection so far?

Sounds like you have a pretty strong file. I know that Log O has been very hard to get into in the past few years but with a very competitive file its anyone's game. Waiting sucks but we will here something soon.

Is there somewhere on the DWAN you can find who sits on each board? Not name, but position? Example, if you're applying to SigO, or LogO is there anyone from that trade reviewing the quality of the candidates?

Is there somewhere on the DWAN you can find who sits on each board? Not name, but position? Example, if you're applying to SigO, or LogO is there anyone from that trade reviewing the quality of the candidates?
To be honest I think it’s just a straight up rack and stack. It was explained to me that way by the PSO anyways. Merits or the actual recommendations in your application don’t even get looked at unless it’s a paper thin difference between two candidates. If you have a high CFAT score you’ll be close to the top with that alone. I know of several less that stellar NCMs that received offers for various officer entry programs, it’s unfortunate but for in service selection it doesn’t seem like much else is considered by way of annual PERs or current job ability etc.

To be honest I think it’s just a straight up rack and stack. It was explained to me that way by the PSO anyways. Merits or the actual recommendations in your application don’t even get looked at unless it’s a paper thin difference between two candidates. If you have a high CFAT score you’ll be close to the top with that alone. I know of several less that stellar NCMs that received offers for various officer entry programs, it’s unfortunate but for in service selection it doesn’t seem like much else is considered by way of annual PERs or current job ability etc.
I was told that CO's recommendations are looked at closely. You can be book smarts, but they want to see if they can act like an Officer.

I was also told that the Aircrew Selection Score is looked at for applicants requiring that test.

So many things are unknown. Good luck everyone. Shouldn't be long now.

Back