• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

26 and OLD!!

CallOfDuty

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey there everyone....Im 26 years old and just getting the ball rolling on joining the army. After spending some time on these forums, Im starting to get the feeling that Im really old!!
Are there any others here that are over 25 and just embarking on a forces career?
Cheers all
steve

You‘re just a young pup yet, I‘m joining the infantry reserves, or as Infanteer puts it, the Volkstrum at 38.
Best of luck,
Greg

I met some PTE that had finished BMQ not a year ago. They‘re we‘re both in late 30‘s and mid 40s.

I‘ll be 34 in a coupla months. Just waiting on my medical to come back and the selection boards before I embark on a long career in the Regs.

I‘m 26, have been in an armoured reserve unit for a year, and am doing BMQ this summer. I have not had a problem at all with the youngsters other than some of the conversations I don‘t feel like contributing too. The "I got so drunk last weekend and fell in a fire" type stuff usually doesn‘t catch my interest.

I‘ll be 28 next month and I‘m going to start BMQ at St. Jean in a week or so...

I‘m 46 and I‘m still waiting for my medical to get back from Borden! Only thing left to do is the physical!

I‘m 28 years old and waiting for an offer for regular infantry.

Theres a 42 year old recruit on a BMQ course my regt. is currently running.

Looks like I have some company. :) 37 here and being tested at the end of April (CFAT).

A guy my SQ this past summer was 52. So, considering you are half his age, don‘t worry about it.

Originally posted by CallOfDuty:
[qb] Hey there everyone....Im 26 years old and just getting the ball rolling on joining the army. After spending some time on these forums, Im starting to get the feeling that Im really old!!
Are there any others here that are over 25 and just embarking on a forces career?
Cheers all
steve [/qb]
I was 23 when I joined.

I was 42 when I first competed for a position for overseas and this was against 19/20yr olds,I made it and did it again the next year because the Tour the year before was canceled.
Just remember the older you get you must stay in shape as it gets harder to get back in shape.

Age is a frame of mind. ;)

I was 35 when I re-enlisted and am now 36 and just finishing up my BMQ. I know there is at least one other recruit on my course that is older and there are a couple approaching 30.

I once enroled an officer who was in his forties - he topped his BOTC.

"Old age and treachery will always defeat naive, youthful exuberence."
(a quote referring to ‘Old-Timers‘ hockey)

Originally posted by bossi:
[qb] I once enroled an officer who was in his forties - he topped his BOTC.

"Old age and treachery will always defeat naive, youthful exuberence."
(a quote referring to ‘Old-Timers‘ hockey) [/qb]
Like I said "Age is a Frame of Mind"

I‘m 50 but do not look it.Why? I hang with the youngens and have fun and don‘t think of age but I do realise I do not have the body that I once had but I still can give them a run for their money. ;) :D

It‘s all in your mind.
If you want it,prepare for it physically and mentally. ;)

From a OLD FART.

Back