• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

29 Apr 10: CF Wainwright Pers "Arrested For Alleged Drug Trafficking"

Step 1.

Name 'em and shame 'em.

Well done, these people are disgusting pieces of work.

Lets hope finally for some 'discipline by example'.

Then we have people like this, our own 'captloadie'... (who want to go soft on scum like this)

Post No.25 (and there is another on Poast No.23)

"Like it or not, certain illicit drug use has become more acceptable in today's society than some of the other stuff I mentioned. And you're right, we don't allow drinking on most ops now, but what is the penalty for breaking that rule? A fine, probably being sent home early, a hit on the PER, and then . . . forgive and forget (unless it shows an individual has a grreater problem). I think the point I'm trying to make is that we shouldn't pass a broad brush moral judgement on one type of illegal activity over another."

Go figure, eh.....

Drugs ruin lives - PERIOD! Those who sell, and those who use them.

OWDU

But what will the decision makers in Ottawa do now that their supply has been cut off?  ;D

Unbelievable.  They violated their oath, violated  society's trust, their comrade's trust , all for a few dollars?  If they are found guilty, nail and jail them.  Two years less a day in Edmonton,  then Category 1 Dismissal with Disgrace, followed by a many, many years in the Civil Pen.
Disgust is not a sufficient word. :threat:

XMP said:
Unbelievable.  They violated their oath, violated  society's trust, their comrade's trust , all for a few dollars?  If they are found guilty, nail and jail them.  Two years less a day in Edmonton,  then Category 1 Dismissal with Disgrace, followed by a many, many years in the Civil Pen.
Disgust is not a sufficient word. :threat:

I'm not sure they'll get that much. I'll wait and see. Yes and I am disugusted by this as well.

Overwatch Downunder said:
Step 1.

Name 'em and shame 'em.

Well done, these people are disgusting pieces of work.

Lets hope finally for some 'discipline by example'.

Then we have people like this, our own 'captloadie'... (who want to go soft on scum like this)

Post No.25 (and there is another on Poast No.23)

"Like it or not, certain illicit drug use has become more acceptable in today's society than some of the other stuff I mentioned. And you're right, we don't allow drinking on most ops now, but what is the penalty for breaking that rule? A fine, probably being sent home early, a hit on the PER, and then . . . forgive and forget (unless it shows an individual has a grreater problem). I think the point I'm trying to make is that we shouldn't pass a broad brush moral judgement on one type of illegal activity over another."

Go figure, eh.....

Drugs ruin lives - PERIOD! Those who sell, and those who use them.

OWDU

Wes,

Yer onto something.  Then what we need are adds.  Lots of them, with smart thinking women, that will advocate on behalf of all of us clean livin' folk.

Sumthin' along these lines, back in the good old days.....

Lips-That-Touch-Liquor-Shall-Not-Touch-Ours.jpg

dileas

tess

SOme of those hotties my lips wouldn't WANT to touch. That WOULD take a lot of liquour. ;D

Mid Aged Silverback said:
SOme of those hotties my lips wouldn't WANT to touch. That WOULD take a lot of liquour. ;D

Awww....come on...that one on the left hand side with the constipated look is just your type.....mind, not your fantasy, your type..... ;D

It looks to me like a few of the women were unable to make it to the shoot that day, so they offered some free beer to some guys in the bar to take their place......

Looks to me like a few of them could beat the living.............out of many a pilgrim  ;D

12 at CFB Wainwright face 70 drug charges
Last Updated: Wednesday, June 16, 2010 | 3:13 PM MT
CBC News

tp-edm-wainwright.jpg

Officials at CFB Wainwright have announced drug charges against 12 former and current military members. (CBC)

Twelve current and former members of the military stationed at Canadian Forces Base Wainwright in eastern Alberta have been charged with 70 drug offences.

Charges include possession of a controlled substance, production of a controlled substance and drug trafficking.

The substances alleged to be involved are cocaine, the hallucinogenic drug DMT, cannabis, ecstasy and some prescription drugs.

Two of the accused have also been charged with production of DMT.

A DMT lab was found in a residence on the base, which is usually reserved for privates awaiting release or training, said Maj. Daniel Dandurand, officer commanding the Canadian Forces National Investigation Service's Western Region Detachment.

The street value of the drugs was estimated at $10,000 by Dandurand.

The arrests were made under the National Defence Act and the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act.

The military announced in April that four soldiers at CFB Wainwright had been arrested on suspicion of drug trafficking.

"This is a rare occurrence where we have such an investigation of this magnitude with this result," Dandurand said.

Those charged are: Cpl. Thomas MacDougall, Pte. Jeffrey Brennan, Pte. Benjamin Humphrey, Pte. Dominique Malette, Pte. Glen Morgan, Pte. Michael Polack, Pte. Claude Roger Rocan, Pte. Clayton Taylor and Pte. Matthew Wright.

Three former privates who worked on the base have also been charged: Michael Masserey, David McKinnell and Melyssa Lake, who was previously charged on May 19.

Back to the topic at hand

Did any one read the comments left on CBC web sight.
Wow!!!
Lot of people out there that a) Don't have a clue about our drug testing and tolerance policy
                                            b) Think that because of the sh!t we see and do than that makes it all right to use drugs
                                            c)  Think that a lot of us, if not all are smoking up on a regular basis in Afghanistan.
                                            d) Some just don't really make much sense because I think they are using drugs.
One individual who claimed to have served for 12 years said that in Petawawa they referred to pot plants as tomato plants and everone was planting them while on test drives?

We also give our Fighter pilots speed (for some reason)? Most Air force types I've met seem waaaay to mellow and relaxed to be on speed.  ;D

Tank Troll said:
We also give our Fighter pilots speed (for some reason)? Most Air force types I've met seem waaaay to mellow and relaxed to be on speed.  ;D

Our pilots are so relaxed we give them speed to crank them up to "mellow."    ;D

XMP said:
Unbelievable.  They violated their oath, violated  society's trust, their comrade's trust , all for a few dollars?

Unfortunately, I suspect they did it for more than a few dollars. Maj. Dandurand estimated street value of $10,000 for the drugs they found which is not to shabby if you ask me. Unfortunately, manufacturing and smuggling drugs is big business, with a big profit margin, provided you don't get caught! And even if yu do get caught a lot of times you just get a slap on the wrist and the way you go.

The fact that they were actually manufacturing one of the drugs would seem to indicate that they had a ready market for the drug. It will also be interesting to see how long this operation had been going on. I'm sure we see more fallout from this as the investigation expands.

It will also be interesting to see how long this operation had been going on.

OWDU,

It has long been an inside joke (for lack of a better term) that "zero tolerance" in the CF is far from it.

It is extremely rare statistically in the last decade to get the boot right out the door for drug use.  There are three levels of disciplinary action taken against a member (multiple terms because they've been named lots of different things):

1. Initial / Verbal (ironically "verbal" must be written);
2. Formal / Written / Recorded; and
3. Counselling and Probation.
(Level 4 if there were one would be release from the CF).

Usually something like a Drunk Driving charge will land someone on level 2.  Something like poor performance at work will be level 1 to start.  Theoretically things can be serious to send a member to immediate release such as drug use because it's "zero tolerance", but the vast majority of cases I have seen have gone to L3 and the member has stayed in the forces.

It's not rank dependent either.  Three years ago a deploying infantry officer failed his drug test and was kicked off the tour, but was actively employed on the rear party and not released.

You would really think that the members named in that article would do a better job with their facebook privacy settings, especially considering all the media attention. It's pretty funny to watch, actually.

Spectrum said:
You would really think that the members named in that article would do a better job with their facebook privacy settings, especially considering all the media attention. It's pretty funny to watch, actually.

That's why I call it FF Book  ;D

Tank Troll said:

Speed  ::)

"Go pills" such as Dextroamphetamine, can be used to stay awake and alert on very long missions. Their use is discussed on aeromedical training as well as the effective use of caffeine. That being said, i have not heard of any Canadian aircrew using them or any of our medical facilities prescribing them for aircrews.

Myself, i have strategicaly used Red Bull on 12 hour night flights...........take me to jail.

No "Go Pills" for us (or Speed for that matter).  I use Boosts and Coffee to stay focused (before a flight obviously).

SupersonicMax said:
No "Go Pills" for us (or Speed for that matter).  I use Boosts and Coffee to stay focused (before a flight obviously).

I also strategicaly use the bunk / floor when tired on flights....... ;D

Spectrum said:
Knowing most of the guys in question, I am quite sure it never occurred to them. None of them are exactly rocket scientists.

Back