• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

3 RAR (3 Bn Royal Australian Regiment) Paratroopers Code of Ethics - Have a look

1feral1

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
I got this 'code' given to me during my 9 months with 3 RAR while attached to SECDET. Its a folding card which goes into your wallet.

Something interesting for all paratroopers.

Enjoy, read and heed  ;D

Wes

Great code of ethics Wes
Thanks for sharing

CHIMO!

Wesley  Down Under said:
I got this 'code' given to me during my 9 months with 3 RAR while attached to SECDET. Its a folding card which goes into your wallet.

Something interesting for all paratroopers.

Enjoy, read and heed  ;D

Wes

Good to see 3RAR mentioned, I served with C Coy in 92 on Ex Long Look (exchange programme) and had a brilliant time (except for the 3 shat specials I had to drink).  I've seen something like this before in a reservist Parachute (now Commando) Gun Battery and looks as though it's been adapted from the Fallschirmjagers 10 commandments from WW2.

1. You are the chosen ones of the German Army. You will seek combat and train yourselves to endure any manner of test. To you, the battle shall be fulfillment.

2. Cultivate true comradeship, for by the aid of your comrades you will conquer or die.

3. Beware of talking. Be not corruptible. Men act while women chatter. Chatter may bring you to the grave.

4. Be calm and prudent, strong and resolute. Valour and enthusiasm of an offensive spirit will cause you to prevail in the attack.

5. The most precious thing in the presence of the foe is ammunition. He who shoots uselessly, merely to comfort himself, is a man of straw who merits not the title of Parachutist.

6. Never surrender, to you death or victory must be a point of honour.

7. You can triumph only if your weapons are good. See to it that you submit yourself to this law - first my weapon and then myself.

8. You must grasp the full purpose of every enterprise, so that if your leader is killed you can fulfil it.

9. Against an open foe, fight with chivalry, but to a guerrilla, extend no quarter.

10. Keep your eyes wide open. Tune yourself to the top most pitch. Be nimble as a greyhound, as tough as leather, as hard as Krupp steel and so you shall be the German warrior incarnate.

Umm... Rifles - the Fallschirmjagers were part of the Luftwaffe & not the German Army.

Very good point! forgot about that!  I first read it on a poster on the wall of the unit I mentioned and made a quick note because I work with an ex 3 Para WO2 (he likes that sort of thing - being an Airborne God).  I googled the first line and came up with this web page, it does mention about them being in the Luftwaffe I just didn't read the whole thing

http://www.sixthscalebattle.com/photo2.html

Thanks anyway

Rifles, WTF is the rank of Csjt?

Fill out your profile properly. Thanks.

Wes

Wes,

I would say it's a Colour Serjeant
WTF is wrong with your knowledge of Commonwealth ranks?

Wesley still has too much dust still in his kit and eyes to remember what it is. I am sure that he now remembers what it means as it was not written properly but hey rifles is a new guy and will figure it out eventually

WTF is right! Know the rank, but not the abbn. Never heard of a abbn like that.

Excuse my thickness.

The rank Serjeant with a 'j' has not been spelled that way since WW1 or so I thought.

After a quick google, its the same a SSGT here in the Australian Army.

My appologies for any rustled feathers.

Wes

Wes

Yes, as you have discovered CSJT is the abbrieviation for Colour Serjeant, it is used by the RIFLES and previously by the Light Infantry prior to the mass amalgamations of LI, RGJ, D and D and RGBW we had this year (oh and it's been that way since before WW1).  The rest of the British Infantry and Royal Marines have CSGT's, the remainder of the Army has SSGT's except the Household Cavalry who have SCPL's, so in a way we have uniquely held onto the old way of spelling it.

Unlike our Australian comrades the SSGT/CSGT/CSJT rank isn't automatically a G4 employment, as I remember it from my stay with 'Old Faithful'.  It could mean being a Pl Comd, support weapon's 2IC's, Offr and NCO Instructors at Sandhurst/Brecon as well as the normal CQMS duties, we don't jump from SGT to WO2 if we are from a Rifle Company/Support Weapons background.  My last job in an Inf Bn was the Mortar Platoon Second in Command.

Anyway back to 3RAR, had an absolute ball of a time and almost came across on a permanent basis.

Thanks mate. The way you had C/SJT written threw me.

At the pointy end for real, in Shyteland, these blokes were the best. It was almost lengendary to be with Old Faithful!

Their CSM, and OC were truly some of the most professional men I had been with in nearly 32 years of soldiering in two armies.

Regards from paradise,

Wes

Wes

Thanks mate, good unit - only wish I'd stayed - i'd be still crawling about in the dirt with the 'young uns' instead of sharing my butt with a chair and a desk on a reservist contract -  They kick us out far too young!  Good grief 32 years I thought I had been in a long time with 25 under my (rapidly expanding) belt.

Good luck if your still in 'shyteland' keep your head down, move fast and zig zag - as they say!

Back