• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

49 Soldiers Put in Quarantine at CFB Petawawa

CFL said:
There was some news coverage on TV last night regarding the training in Pet, there were a couple shots of some medics, AM were you one of them?

If there was a medic with a different colour beret on....The veh crash with the IEDs/booby traps was my senario.

I was in the Global TV coverage, and in a picture in the Sun, so I am told.

I think I did see a medic with a maroon beret.  There was also a fit looking Sgt as well but I can't remember if that was green or maroon.

CFL said:
There was also a fit looking Sgt as well but I can't remember if that was green or maroon.

That's not him   
nana.gif

Regards

I am not sure if I should take that as an insult (not the fit soldier) or complement that I am not THAT soldier (you'd have to know him).

Popurhedoff said:
I heard that the RCR's that were quarantined actually had the "Bird Flu"  :P

No it was the VP, that much I can confirm.... ;)

as for Bird Flu, the diagnosis has yet to be confirmed, but seeing how they were around people who handle chickens, and sick almost immediately after...

Hey, I was just wondering how everyone was doing?  Seems this thread has gotten a little, ok, way off topic.  Did they get any of their training in, or do they have to stay longer to finish up?
Just curious!

Never did any training??  Well, that can't be good.  Gonna have some unhappy campers now.  Thanks for the update though!

They did do some training and some ranges as well.

Kinda hard to do alot of stuff if you are confined indoors though.

So if you are a reservist and get placed in quarantine that goes over your initial deployment dates, do you get Class A,B or C pay rates?

Ever notice how it is easier to announce a VD epidemic than a food poisoning incident?

My money is on the water Buffalo.

Righto on the hand sanitizer.  That and baby wipes have so revolutionized field sanitation that it has gotten to the point that we have to go back to checking for full soap dishes on Bug Out Gear kit inspections again.

Colin P said:
So if you are a reservist and get placed in quarantine that goes over your initial deployment dates, do you get Class A,B or C pay rates?

How long were you figuring to be quarantined?

I just got back from Pet, and have been out for the past two days with either gastro or Norwalk, still awaiting the results from MIR.  Hit me like a ton of bricks on Thurs morning and I've been washing my hands religiously since I've been there.  By the way, quick way to get an IV with Gravol is to puke in the MIR, though I would'nt recommend it.

Armymedic: Phenomenal job on the training scenarios btw!  I won't be going anywhere without my tourniquet, that's for sure.  But it would help if you used SINGLE attractive medics as cas sim next time, help a brother out ;)

Ex-fusilier said:
But it would help if you used SINGLE attractive medics as cas sim next time, help a brother out ;)

Single...right, gotcha. So you don't really care about gender, as long as they are single and attractive

Back