• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

4th Canadian Armed Div Support Group Core RCASC

Joesgirl

Inactive
Reaction score
Would anyone have any information on this Division???  My Dad served with this Division during WW2......I know for sure he was posted in the Beverley/Hull are of England.  His name was Joseph (Joe) Bourque from Lewisville, NB (Moncton area)  He worked for the Moncton Times-Transcript for over 30 years and died in February, 1980.  Anyone remembering my father or having any pictures would be very much appreciated.

Joesgirl said:
Would anyone have any information on this Division???  My Dad served with this Division during WW2......I know for sure he was posted in the Beverley/Hull are of England.  His name was Joseph (Joe) Bourque from Lewisville, NB (Moncton area)  He worked for the Moncton Times-Transcript for over 30 years and died in February, 1980.  Anyone remembering my father or having any pictures would be very much appreciated.

What do you want to know about the division?  Order of battle and divisional commanders are listed at my site at http://www.canadiansoldiers.com

Mr. Dorosh:  Thank you for taking the time to respond to my request.  I could not find my
Dad's name anywhere on the Canuck website although I did get a bit of information on his Division.  I will keep looking and if you have any other information you can offer me I would greatly appreciate it.

Joesgirl said:
Mr. Dorosh:  Thank you for taking the time to respond to my request.  I could not find my
Dad's name anywhere on the Canuck website although I did get a bit of information on his Division.  I will keep looking and if you have any other information you can offer me I would greatly appreciate it.

The Canadian armed forces in WW II had 1 million men and women in it; if you have a service number or a unit name to go with your father's name, it will help your search considerably.

If you ever get your hands on a book (now out of print) called "WAIT FOR THE WAGGON" by Arnold Warren, you will get a sense of what life was like in the RCASC during the war. There are many historical notes & anecdotes that talks about the 4th Canadian Armoured Division.

My father was part of the RCASC in the 4th Armd Div, however he was in the "Troops" Company; 10th Infantry Brigade & attached to the Argylls (an Infantry regiment) as troop transport driver.

There are many books on the history of the other units of the division that can give you more insight.

Good luck in your search!

Cheers
AM

Back