• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

500 players? How about 5 Merit Points!

Mike Bobbitt

Administrator
Staff member
Owner
Directing Staff
Reaction score
I was pleased to see this morning that we've hit 500 players! To celebrate I've awarded everyone an extra 5 Merit Points to spend as they see fit. (This round is on me!) I'll do the same when we hit 1,000 so spread the word! :)

Thanks to everyone who is playing and supporting the game and the site.

Cheers
Mike

Edit to fix silly typo...

Mike Bobbitt said:
I was pleased to see this morning that we've hit 500 players! To celebrate I've awarded everyone an extra 5 Merit Points to spend as they see fit. (This round is on me!) I'll do the same when we hit 1,000 so spread the word! :)

Thanks to everyone who is playing and supporting the game and the site.

Cheers
Mike

Edit to fix silly typo...

Will everyone then get 10 merit points? :nod:

Let's get there first and see how it goes. ;)

So that's what happened! I was wondeing why I had 5 merit points!

Life is good!  That helped bring me (along with a couple of medals earned today!) to level 10!  I'm hammering down the insurgency at Nathan Smith now....alas, I'm starting to run out of Milpoints!!!!  (I had 4000+ when I started!!!)

Didn't take me long to notice the extra 5 points.  I was quick to use them too as I was worried that it might have been a mistake and hoping they wouldn't be taken away!!  Of course, when I paused afterwards to wonder what it could be about I saw the indicator on the news tab showing this information.  Like a kid at the candy store who finds change on the ground.  ;D  Thanks Mike.

I'm still waiting until there is a bonus for inviting friends before I send out a mass of invites. :p

Agreed, thanks Mike for the 5 Merit points. Was trying to figure out how I'd missed them, but seeing as I've been sick figured it was possible that I'd missed them. Then saw the news post and all made sense again :)

We just hit 750! 

Any chance of another "celebration"?????

NS

750 is pretty good, but I bet we can make 1,000. In fact, if we make 1,000 before Remembrance Day I'll give us 10 points... after that we celebrate with just 5, so spread the word! ;)

C'mon folks!  We have 144 people and 10 days! 

That's 14.4 new players per day...

Mike Bobbitt said:
750 is pretty good, but I bet we can make 1,000. In fact, if we make 1,000 before Remembrance Day I'll give us 10 points... after that we celebrate with just 5, so spread the word! ;)

I think we might need to round up to make the 1000.  It is increasing, but slloooowwwwlllly.  And I am really counting on those points.  I don't know how, but I totally skipped over that listing on the medals tab about saving the points and only took a second glance when Vern mentioned it.  I was definitely a late starter but getting close now.  These extra 10 will go very nicely with the current stash.

Hmm. We have four days to recruit 69 players. This might be a challenge.

Anybody willing to replicate a Canadian Forces commercial (except with AO, of course) and pay for the advertising space on TV? Haha.

It is a particular challenge, in that the option to "Post to wall" when you get promoted still doesn't work....

We've been averaging about 14 new people per day.  Ish.

NS

Back