• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

$60 / Barrel by year end

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree JT is not responsible for past foot dragging, but what he has done is encouraged an impossible process that actually obstructs construction far more than at any time in our past.  While one Parliament can try to undo what the previous has done, by 2027 when the liberals are booted out (I'm resigned to a 3 term government for them), it will be far too late.  (Unless there is some sort of constitutional shock, like Alberta and Saskatchewan pulling the confederation plug.)

With the  Regulatory hurdles, payoffs now enshrined as practice, provincial bickering,  court rulings  etc why would any producer want to spend money here?

JT and pals are most assuredly to be blamed.

There were several key projects in final phases of approvals and they sabotaged most of them to appease their environmentalist base.

See 'Energy East' as Exhibit A.

All of those projects were ingredients of the regulatory soup before he was elected. He just turned up the heat. Not excusing him, but things were hardly sailing along under Harper.

On-Topic from Financial Post today...

Some pretty damning snippets in here.

I would quote them, but on smartphone.

http://business.financialpost.com/opinion/for-trudeau-albertas-oil-emissions-deserve-scrutiny-and-restriction-but-not-bombardiers

Good one! That's 129 billion of economic activity and GNP gone....brilliant people, eh?

Cdn Blackshirt said:

http://business.financialpost.com/opinion/for-trudeau-albertas-oil-emissions-deserve-scrutiny-and-restriction-but-not-bombardiers

I think he's too much like his dad in that he's not a fan of the West and won't be doing them any favours he doesn't have to.

Cdn Blackshirt said:

I'm pretty much convinced that Alberta has no place in this current version of Canada. 

One other group I would like to accuse: those that supported the activists and the social justice warriors to bring down their enemies with no plan on how to control them once they themselves took the reins.

We have a forum for resolving societal issues.  It is called parliament.  Sovereign and Supreme.

Chris Pook said:
One other group I would like to accuse: those that supported the activists and the social justice warriors to bring down their enemies with no plan on how to control them once they themselves took the reins.

We have a forum for resolving societal issues.  It is called parliament.  Sovereign and Supreme.

Oh, you mean the Wankers, l mean Liberals... :nod:

If It were me, I'd try to get the environment wankers onboard by splitting the corporate income tax for all resource companies into two pieces.

Part 1: Standard Federal Remission
Part 2: Environmental Tax to be allocated at Federal Level to all sorts of Canadian Environmental projects from Clean Air to Clean Water to reforestation to expanding National Parks.

The piece is that they need to understand the pain if those resource industries suffer.

If.they don't have skin I. the game there is no hope they will be reasonable.

Oldgateboatdriver said:
Good plan. I approve. But how do we get one of those ?

It involves a process called an election where we vote for people who will work towards the will of the people and what is best for the country, and put that above personal interests. It's a mythical system though, a unicorn so to speak.

Oldgateboatdriver said:
Good plan. I approve. But how do we get one of those ?

Follow the advice of Dick the Butcher to Jack Cade - and have done with their execrable "Constitution"  ;D

devil39 said:
I'm pretty much convinced that Alberta has no place in this current version of Canada.

I don’t live there anymore, but I agree that province is the recipient of far too much ill will from points east and West. I have close family in Saskatchewan, and there’s nothing more they want to do than get the frig out from under Ottawa.
I think Alberta, Sask, parts of B.C., ( ie not vancooky or the lower mainland) and the Territories would make a decent and prosperous country.

I don't live there anymore either and l remember all too well the NEP under Fuddle Duddle Sr. and his Toad, Lalonde. The East has always been the one's driving the car, yes.  I understand the discontent.  I have been in Atlantic Canada since l left the West and things are no better there.

That being said, l remember the WCC, Western Canada Concept, separatists of the early 80s.  They, and their modern day equals in the West and Quebec disgust me as much as they did then.

Rene Levesque and those that followed would have been on trial, if l had my way.  I'm a Canadian first and l don't want to see this country broken up.  I and men of my family have been to too many shitty places and some died for this country so that it survives intact and free.  Fuck your separatist talk.  [rant off]

jollyjacktar said:
I don't live there anymore either and l remember all too well the NEP under Fuddle Duddle Sr. and his Toad, Lalonde. The East has always been the one's driving the car, yes.  I understand the discontent.  I have been in Atlantic Canada since l left the West and things are no better there.

That being said, l remember the WCC, Western Canada Concept, separatists of the early 80s.  They, and their modern day equals in the West and Quebec disgust me as much as they did then.

Rene Levesque and those that followed would have been on trial, if l had my way.  I'm a Canadian first and l don't want to see this country broken up.  I and men of my family have been to too many shitty places and some died for this country so that it survives intact and free.  frig your separatist talk.  [rant off]

Canada needs to work for all Canadians.  Free passage of goods across provincial borders, roads, railways and pipelines should all be part of that.  I'm a born and raised Albertan, and currently reside here after 33 years service in the CAF.  Alberta is at a significant disadvantage under this current Federal Government.  Our economic viability should not be determined by the whim of the Federal Government and their changing the rules about "upstream" and "downstream" impacts of our oil industry. 

If the majority of Canadians believe that Alberta's economy can be destroyed by the Federal Governments changing rules, and if the majority of Canadians believe that Saudi and Venezuelan oil is preferable to Alberta oil, then perhaps Alberta needs a different governmental system than the current Confederation?

We all have histories of service.  My service, and that of my family, was not about empowering the Federal Government to blatantly act against the interests of any Province.

I was born and raised in Alberta too.  My family helped settled the province, my Great Grandfather was one of the original 300 NWMP. 

I don't always like the government of the day, that includes todays lot.  I didn't vote for them but they're what we have.  I get to have my say again in 2019. 

Just about every province is at some sort of disadvantage at one time or another.  Life sucks and it isn't fair.

My service and the service and sacrifice of those ancestors who's names are recorded in the books of Remembrance in the Peace Tower were so that we have a country today, from coast to coast.  If you don't feel like remaining part of this country...  well, it's a big world out there.  I'm sure you can fit in somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back