• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

67 days away from my dream.

brandon_

Inactive
Reaction score
so my story is, i was sleding at the hill, and i was running up the hill, and some kid decided it would be funny to see me fall... HILARIOUS!!!!  threw a crazy carpet under my foot, and i came back and landed on it. Now i'm just getting out of the hospital (5days,luucky me) 6 pins and a plaate and casted for 6 weeks... I had soo much going for me. Joining the reserves, i was 67 days away from my childhood dream, my reserve basic training was about to start, i've never acutally wanted anything more then this, i know i'm young, but i worked very hard for this. I was just wondering if anybodyelse has gone through things like this? and how they survived. My life seems over.

Merry Christmass :christmas happy:

I'm sure your unit will understand when you tell them what happened. They will wait until you're healed to load you onto another BMQ. You'll probably have to wait until the summer or next fall, but by no means is your career over. Sh*t happens, just wait until you're healed and you'll get another shot at BMQ. 

Minor bump in the road. I had a similar incident after I joined the army, which laid me up for awhile. My mistake was trying to get back to it too quickly and I did permanent damage, which eventually led to a medical remuster (change of trade). My advice, take it easy and take the time heal properly. Follow whatever advice the doctors, pysio, etc give you. Once the  cast comes off start of slow, you won't have the same strength and flexibility that you had prior to the accident. Start slow and build up, you might miss this course, but there will be more courses and lots of chances in the future. Best wishes on a speedy recovery.

I know there will be other courses, i'll have to wait. It'll be sweater when i do go.  But i'm just sad, i won't be on this course.  I'm not going to do anything stupid. Take my time and wait intill i can accutaly do everything properly.
thanks on the wishees.

Have you read Lil_T's thread? She had started her BMQ, and broke her leg on the obstacle course. She's gone through nearly the same scenario, and is getting back into it now. You're not alone in this, and you'll get through it. Chin up!

Sounds a lot similar to what happened to me I dislocated my thumb and had to get 2 pins. This happened 2 days after my enrollment ceremony, two weeks before I was suppose to leave for basic and before everyone left the ceremony, the recruiter told everyone, make sure you take it easy and do not hurt yourselves before you leave... and what to I do...go and dislocate my thumb. I was crushed, because of all the problems I had during my application process and then I came this close to leaving and finally being a member of the Canadian Forces and then that happened. Wasn't having the best luck I guess. I'm re-applying in February or March because my file is still currently getting released. So I'm hoping things are a lot smoother the second time around.
Like it was said above, your career is not over, let yourself heal and get back at er and don't give up! Good Luck!!

Back