• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

8 Apr 07 - Sgt Donald Lucas, Cpl Brent Poland, Cpl Aaron Williams, Cpl Chris Stannix (PLF), Pte Kevin Kennedy, Pte David Greenslade - 2 RCR

Devastating news during any time...let alone Easter.  My deepest sympathies to the families and friends of the casualties.

Just a reminder that we get many visitors at times like this.  Right now, there are 260 guests.  That is 3x the number of members present. 

Let's keep this thread for condolences only. 

Words fail me now, as I try to comprehend this sacrifice our soldiers have made .

My heart goes out to their families.

RIP soldiers :salute: :cdn: :salute:

RIP Soldiers you have gone above and beyond the call of duty. Its sad that good people have to die to create a peaceful
world but this is the world we live in. Sympathies to their friends and families. :salute:

Thou your lights have gone dim the flames that you set will always be remembered.
To your families and friends my deepest condolences.
To my injured comrades recover soon.
And to the rest of us the military family let us never forget sacrifices.

RIP

Rest in Peace, troops. Thoughts and prayers to the wounded and the families of all.

Pro Patria my fellow troops. Fight for the Red and White. You done your Country great deal. You are our heros. Rest in peace.

Do we have names yet? I am a tad upset right now.

:cdnsalute:   

IN HOC SIGNO ..PM your way.

My heart goes out to the family, friends and comrades of the fallen. Speedy recovery to the injured.

Not quite the Easter we all would hope for. Damn heartbreaking.

RIP Troops.

From one grieving family to many others: each of you are in our thoughts and prayers. May you be comforted by the memories you have of your loved ones.
To the injured: speedy recovery. You did all that you could. It's time to heal.
RIP soldiers. Your job is now done. It's time to rest.  :salute:

If any of the families would like to PM me, I'd be happy to offer whatever support I can. My husband was killed in Afghanistan in Oct 2006. I know your pain all too well.

More poppies to lay.  More heros to remember.

Rest in peace, brothers. Your job is done.

:cdn: :salute:

.."and to St Peter he will tell, another Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in hell"...

My deepest condolences to the family and friends of those who made the ultimate sacrifice. You are in our thoughts and prayers.
For those that are injured, heal well. You have done us proud.

RIP Troops

Pro Patria

Every time I read or hear about anyone of us being hurt or killed over there, it hurts that much more... I can only imagine the pain that the loved one's of these soldiers must be going through... RIP and speedy recovery to those who need it...

To the families:
Every man dies, but not every man truly lives

Your loved one's did, they lived valiantly and did more than thier share for the world. I know words don't help much, but at least remember that they are stronger and more courageous than many could have hoped to be in thier lives...

Take it easy,
Joe

Just coming here to express my gratitude for the soldiers who sacrifice so much to keep this country safe. As a Canadian, I'm proud that there are men and women like them in our country and only hope to one day be able to serve alongside them.

RIP.

Military releases names of five soldiers
Updated Sun. Apr. 8 2007 8:34 PM ET

CTV.ca News Staff

The Canadian military has released the names of five of the six Canadian soldiers killed Sunday in Afghanistan in an apparent roadside bombing.

They are Sgt. Donald Lucas, Cpl. Christopher Paul Stannix (reservist), Cpl. Aaron E. Williams, Pte. Kevin Vincent Kennedy and Pte. David Robert Greenslade. The family of a sixth man requested that his name be withheld.

The dead solders are all members of the Royal Canadian Regiment, 2nd Battalion, based at CFB Gagetown in New Brunswick.
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20070408/afghan_soldier_070408/20070408?hub=TopStories

My family and I send our deepest condolences. Rest in Peace, troops.

My deepest condolences to the family and friends of those who made the ultimate sacrifice.  I can only imagine what pain you must feel. Be very proud of your loved ones. My thoughts are with you all. To the others get well soon. I too wish this war would end sooner the better. RIP :salute:

Back