• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

96 weeks for a decision

unit24601

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi. VAC received all the documents for my application in January of 2021. It's muscle - skeletal, nothing complex. I'm pretty upset but I feel like maybe I'm not alone. Should I be upset or is this just the state of affairs at veterans affairs? I guess it can be both.

If you're at work at 2 pm working your butt off and you go on a 15-minute break and slip and fall on some ice then VAC doesn't consider it duty related.
If you're at home at 8pm and get called into work and slip in your driveway and injure yourself then VAC considers it duty related.

There can be a lot that goes into your decision. I'm no apothecary but the human skeletal and muscular system seems pretty complex to me.

Hi. VAC received all the documents for my application in January of 2021. It's muscle - skeletal, nothing complex. I'm pretty upset but I feel like maybe I'm not alone. Should I be upset or is this just the state of affairs at veterans affairs? I guess it can be both.
I had one take 106 weeks get denied(appealed) that the Legion consider a slam dunk win last year.
I have had two this year be done in two months approved, not a lot of rhyme or reason to the process.

I do wish I had not waited to retirement to file.
It was actually my nurse case manager that suggested I have numerous possible VAC claims so go through your file . That may be why the most recent claims went quick though, they may prioritize medical release over still serving claims.

I had one take 106 weeks get denied(appealed) that the Legion consider a slam dunk win last year.
I have had two this year be done in two months approved, not a lot of rhyme or reason to the process.

I do wish I had not waited to retirement to file.
It was actually my nurse case manager that suggested I have numerous possible VAC claims so go through your file . That may be why the most recent claims went quick though, they may prioritize medical release over still serving claims.
Yeah, I had a hearing loss claim denied and BPA was baffled. Apparently there were 3 slam-dunk angles why it should have been approved without a doubt. Won on appeal ~2 years later.

I have a pending claim that hit the 101 week mark today. 16 week average wait time........my ass!

Disgusting treatment. Delay, Deny, wait til they Die.

And PSAC wants a raise of over 13%. For what?

And

Back